• "I Break Things"

A cave to connect the back of GRR to the main path.

I've toyed with this idea before but never really had any pictures to explain. Memorial Weekend was a great road trip to Sequoia & Kings Canyon... so now I have the pictures for it as well! You can read the full TR here http://micechat.com/forums/other-the...gs-canyon.html I am simply borrowing some of the pictures.

I never honestly understood the back road around GRR. It swings in towards the Vinyard, only to swing back out through GRR and into Condor. At one point (the mine doors) it is close to the main path... why didn't they make a cave? Again this is posting blind, I have no idea what is behind those mine doors... but I know what I was was there...

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post

"The Pancakes" as they call them... this is a combination of minerals.

"The City"... if you flip the picture upside-down it looks like one!

"The Wedding Cake"... because it looks like one.
    Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post

She is just starring at this

Those little drapes are actually hollow... really cool crests on them

more from the "Drape Room"

an example of how narrow and how dark it is in here... no natural light this far back.

looks like something you would find on Indy

It's not what you think... this is solid rock that was sculpted by water.

At some point we crossed the creek

Another cool rock formation

Tink took all the cave shots... this is amazing... love it

Sorry for the bad light... another cave shot.

Heading back out

That is the water at the bottom of these stairs

"Sugar Falls" so named because that is what it looks like.

The "baby" really wanted to walk. All I heard the whole time was "look rock"

The "we got to see a real cave" celebration dance! Like I said they thought they wouldn't because I was told it would be too hard to do Crystal Cave.

My "over the rail" shot and the flash didn't penetrate all the way down.

another shot of the main cavern
    This was all shot at Boyden Cavern (same place we cracked the geodes which was the inspiration behind the other Frontierland thread)... I'm not 100% but i believe the general area around Sequoia served as inspiration for GRR and the themed land it occupies. Granted the "cave" from GRR to the main side would need to be flat for wheelchair access, and wider, but the theme is there. They could easily light it with mining lamps, and include internal waterfalls as well... having it "break out" roughly between the vineyad and the waterfall.

Again this is a blind post with no knowledge of what is behind GRR... but if possible it would be a wonderful addition to the area.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• I'm a Lutheran

Re: A cave to connect the back of GRR to the main path.

I like it, I would love to see that!
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• former CM

I like the GRR path because I need to escape from crowds, and it's kind of scenic & actually feels a little bit outdoorsy with it's waterfalls and views of tourists screaming in the "river."

I would rather have another cave start from under the Hungry Bear Restaurant (entrance to the north of the path that connects the upper and lower levels) and go under the river to Tom Sawyer's Island.

• Timelord

Wouldn't this place be a headache for legal? (literally, from everyone cracking open their heads?)

I'd understand if it was a huge wide open cave, like the one from Aladdin, but anything else could be a legal nightmare.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Very cool idea Tech. Or keep it as a mine passage that has some artifacts from the mining days but wide enough not to become to congested. I don't know, I'm pulling this out of thin air, but I like the idea.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by isny View Post
    Wouldn't this place be a headache for legal? (literally, from everyone cracking open their heads?)

I'd understand if it was a huge wide open cave, like the one from Aladdin, but anything else could be a legal nightmare.
    I wasn't thinking of a narrow cave, the photos only served to highlight endless rock formation possibilities. TSI had a decent cave that the Pirate theme destroyed...

There are a couple ways to go with this. You could go with a Mine Entrance or possibly a Steam Train Tunnel with fake tracks. In which case you would have the traditional wood beam support braces with lanterns on them. Or you could go the natural cave route. I'd honestly prefer the natural cave as it would accent the beautiful landscape and the mountain itself.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Johnny and Me!

I believe the pumps for GRR are right where you want to put the cave, techskip. The top of the flume (where the water is pumped to) would be directly above. Great idea, though.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Likely Making Changes

Blog Entries

Then push the Cave under. I'm sure they could work around existing blocks somehow. Its a cave, its supposed to be crooked. :P