Thread: Will GRR Stay?

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Re: Will GRR Stay?

^I love that I grew up in Oregon....quack quack
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• Yeti Enthusiast

This is honestly one of those rides I can't imagine still being there in 20 years. It's a fun ride on a hot day, but a classic attraction it is not.

If it were engineered to be something more than just a pile of dirt, perhaps you could actually do stuff underneath and around it (Like add tunnels...or a mine train), but unfortunately that's not the case.

• Artistic integrity

You know ... there's the fake mine train entrances .. along the path behind GRR's queue ... which at first .. thought was a hint at what was "INSIDE" ... that could have been discovered by riding the rafts.

I like to imagine something being done inside that is part of the ride ... or works as a second attraction built into GRR.

But when designing DCA 1.0 ... I highly doubt (as they were working to build the cheapest park possible) ... that there is any chance of doing anything within GRR's superstructure.

It may look all pretty on the outside .. and built up to current building codes. But I think if we knew exactly how the superstructure is set up inside .. we would find out the only way to really upstage GRR in a proper way ... It would have to be taken apart.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mainstreetcm View Post
    I must have never been in the right position because I don't ever recall getting that wet on this ride. I know some of the water comes over the side, but when riding during the day, with the sun out, I always dried off pretty quickly...
    I haven't been on GRR yet due to some motion sickness. But guarenteed if/when I do, I'll be sitting on the seat that get the most wet. Happened at Six Flags on their White Water Rapids ride, I got a tidal wave splash over me while everyone else on the boat got a smattering of wetness. And I was motion sick too.

• Minion

People seem to like GRR. Ok, that means it'll change in some way. And or or people off.

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    then I need to find out where you sit
    b/c every time I ride GRR, I am totally soaked (especially my back side).

Same here, I have always gotten soaked on this ride, and hardly ever get wet on splash.

Hopefully it sticks around, its one of my favorites but I love water based rides and wish there were more of them.

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith11618 View Post
    ........ its one of my favorites but I love water based rides and wish there were more of them.
    Water based rides are great. A sprinkle of water on my face is nice .... But not when my clothes down to my underwear are soaked in it!

• ---------------

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    Water based rides are great. A sprinkle of water on my face is nice .... But not when my clothes down to my underwear are soaked in it!
    why I don't ride it.
    Splash might get you here and there.
    You entire back (incld butt) side isn't drenched from Splash.

And as I've said,
    I expected more from Disney. We know they can do it.
    Just look at Splash (and we got the short end of the stick too...WDW is longer)
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

why I don't ride it.

And as I've said,

Why do you say such words? Our Splash came FIRST. It was the one that set the bar. We should be so happy if Disney is able to make it better the next time out. Where we got the short end of the stick is with Tower of Terror. Where they got it was Pirates of the Caribbean.

Moral is, don't be throwing the short stick analogy unless we really did get shafted.

As for GRR, it is a superior water ride to Kali River Run in Animal Kingdom. SUPERIOR. They DID get the more intricate queue though and has a better view but that's it.

Be thankful for GRR. It's a solid attraction. For those who don't like getting wet, they do sell ponchos and they do offer free lockers while riding.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    I liked getting soaked, and I dont think its bad to have 1 ride where one can get soaked, plenty of rides that one stays dry.

If they change it, I wont be too happy.

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post

Be thankful for GRR. It's a solid attraction. For those who don't like getting wet, they do sell ponchos and they do offer free lockers while riding.
    HA! Thankful my butt!

It's off my list forever .... I don't go to a theme park to get drenched through to my underwear.

No thank you.

It's a solid attraction the day it's something on the level of Splash Mountain or Big Thunder .. with a couple of cool scenes ... and when it can be ridden without worrying about ponchos, lockers, etc.

Why so much rigmarole .. when it's within a theme park you go to for a day? Unlike the real deal in the Sierras where it's "a natural" to have the proper gear.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Suit yourself. It was only a suggestion.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

I'd love it to turn into a boat/raft ride much like Jurassic Park or something instead. This would change many of the logistics for the ride but I still think it would be a fun river rafting experience type of ride.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

I don't see why everyone thinks that adding anything to the GRR area would be so impossible. Disney has shown us with the overall DCA revamp that they are willing to spend money to make changes. They showed us with Space Mt. that they will close attractions to redo their tracks and add to them. They also showed us that they will literally destroy the view of a huge area to improve the area for the future with the WoC and upcoming BVS, entrance and HPB updates. To me I can see them Closing GRR and digging out some tunnels in the future to add a ride. This might only happen though after they use up some of the existing plots.

why I don't ride it.

And as I've said,

Your lucky.. I almost drown on Splash Mt. Sitting in the front, a wave of water came over the bow of the log on the drop in the dark that actually went over my shoulders and got the girl behind me. As you can guess I was drenched and will always remember how it literally felt like I was up to my neck in water. From that day on nobody can tell me that Splash is somehow "dry".

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

It will stay and maybe one day we'll see a coaster added to it (somehow)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast