Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will GRR Stay?

Will GRR Stay?

My question is in the way way off future 2025 2030 will GRR stay? Even with the AAs added it takes up a huge footprint and due to it's construction (all dirt on the inside) nothing can be added on the inside like a mine train or rollercoaster. It also fails to draw enough people because of it's wetness factor in the winter and evening. So after all the other sites for expansion are occupied will GRR become the next Nature's Wonderland? Or is it good enough to stay as a classic for the future DCA like autopia or Jungle Cruise.

Discuss...
    Armchair Imagineering!:

The Grand Cinema Journey? (Name ideas welcome)

Concept Map! (Thread to follow)
    Grizzly Peak Mining District

• "I Break Things"

Re: Will GRR Stay?

I think some version of GRR will likely be there for the foreseeable future. It is considered the primary landmark anchor in the park... sort of DCA's version of the Matterhorn.

As to the design of the mountain itself... sitting on dirt etc. There is always the possibility that Disney could go back in and work on it from the inside out. It may be expensive, but if they want a specific ride system in place it may be possible.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Zephyr Pilot

Man that would be awesome if they could run Jungle Cruise boats through there... oh sorry, random thought.

• Banned User

I hope, and believe that Grizzly River Run currently will last. I feel that the as of now, it is not worth the cost of completely retrofitting the mountain's features for any new attraction. I feel that if audio animatronic are applied to the ride as rumored, and perhaps a storyline of some sort, Grizzly River Run will truly be a Disney quality E-Ticket

• Senior Minion

I can't imagine it going, it's so integrated with so many things around it and is so crucial to separating the lands from each other. I also think that it is a decent ride now that has potential to be much better.

• Banned User

I hope it stays, it's a hell of a fun ride, and great on a hot day. Some AA''s would be cool though.

• ITS A TRAP

honestly my favorite ride in the park and I will go on it any time, any weather and any season
    --------------------------------------------------------------

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    I think some version of GRR will likely be there for the foreseeable future. It is considered the primary landmark anchor in the park... sort of DCA's version of the Matterhorn.

As to the design of the mountain itself... sitting on dirt etc. There is always the possibility that Disney could go back in and work on it from the inside out. It may be expensive, but if they want a specific ride system in place it may be possible.

^this. GRR ain't going anywhere. I hope they do eventually dig out some room to build more into the land. They certainly need it since Grand Californian occupies a lot of potential "back stage" area where new attractions could be hidden.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

It's actually one of the most popular attractions in the park...yes sometimes it's too cold for most people to handle riding but when it's warm to hot (and it usually is in Southern California) people flock to it.

It's also part of (in my opinion) the most beautiful themeing that's in the park.

The mountain is also "the" mountain of the park.

Don't think it's going anywhere.

If anything, it would only be altered or upgraded...in the foreseeable future for the second phase of DCA improvements. Which I really, really hope they do, because that is my favorite area in the entire park. More attractions with that kind of themeing (plus AAs) is awesome in my book. And when that does happen, I think that Brother Bear area is going to be cut into, if not entirely. It takes up a decent amount of space and only so many people seem to go there...add to the fact that it always seems to be under refurbishment.

• Infinitized!

It's always bothered me they didn't outdo the Matterhorn and put a hockey rink inside this one...

• Banned User

I hope it stays. I love that ride.

• Disneyland is your land.

I must have never been in the right position because I don't ever recall getting that wet on this ride. I know some of the water comes over the side, but when riding during the day, with the sun out, I always dried off pretty quickly...
    Class of 2005...

• Banned User

Where i want to live: Mickeys house|Where i do live:FAR AWAY FROM THERE D:

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    It's always bothered me they didn't outdo the Matterhorn and put a hockey rink inside this one...

Does anyone in the engineering biz know if it is even possible to hollow out the mountain and preserve the ride on top?
    Armchair Imagineering!:

The Grand Cinema Journey? (Name ideas welcome)

Concept Map! (Thread to follow)
    Grizzly Peak Mining District

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Absent a major catastrophe, I don't see GRR going anywhere, at least not in the next 30 or so years....like Pineapplewhipaddict stated "It's actually one of the most popular attractions in the park".....with so many places in this park that could use major attention, I don't see Disney trying to "fix" one of the few they does not
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast