Page 100 of 663 FirstFirst ... 507590979899100101102103110125150200600 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 9945

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker X

speaking about the new disneyland resort website...
    if you go to the paradise pier page
    Paradise Pier | Disney's California Adventure Park

the first photo is completely edited. this is a pre-lagoon drained photo with some smart editing.
    you can see in the foreground the railing and lights are old viewing area era. and further back the wheel is still sun wheel colors but with a mickey face. to the right, the games are the original ones, and more right, TSMM is not there and the old PP sign is. but just above is the new sunburst and sign on the coaster.

it almost tricked me, at first glance.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer View Post

the first photo is completely edited. this is a pre-lagoon drained photo with some smart editing.
    you can see in the foreground the railing and lights are old viewing area era. and further back the wheel is still sun wheel colors but with a mickey face. to the right, the games are the original ones, and more right, TSMM is not there and the old PP sign is. but just above is the new sunburst and sign on the coaster.

That photo has been on the website for about a year now. It's on the BSC website

• Future Disney Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer View Post

Yes that picture is old, and so are many others in the slideshow. A funny detail I found amusing was that Ariel looks a lot like Katy Perry !

• Minion

Hey everyone, just found something really cool.

If you have The Disney Mountains: Imagineering at its Peak by Jason Surrell, then I recommend you check out pages 100 and 101.

The caption on page 99 says its a "2007 Dan Goozee aerial view of Grizzly Peak."

If you notice it shows no Condor Flats area, for it has been "sucked up" by Grizzly Peak. Could this be our first glimpse at the Grizzly Peak expansion planned for Phase 2? For those of you who don't have the book, I'll give you a quick rundown:

The entrance to Condor Flats has a large wooden sign reading "Grizzly Peak" with 2 rock columns supporting the sign. There are a lot of pine trees and the Taste Pilot's Grill and Soarin' Over California buildings are painted a dark green. Instead of the rocket engine outside Soarin', there is what looks to be a large barrel on a wooden platform. The shops across from Soarin' have also gotten a paint treatment. Wrapping around the trail, all extreme sport decor and the giant bear out front of GRR have been removed. The rafts also look to have been painted brown. The area where RCCT is now is just all greenery, possibly an expansion pad? The area closest to the San Francisco Houses, just right of the large paddle wheel look as if a gold mining project is set up. There are wooden canals with water in them and people standing around them, possibly a panning for gold station? Just right of that where the present smoking area is looks to be a camp set up.

All in all, this concept looks really good!

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post

If you have The Disney Mountains: Imagineering at its Peak by Jason Surrell, then I recommend you check out pages 100 and 101.

The caption on page 99 says its a "2007 Dan Goozee aerial view of Grizzly Peak."

If you notice it shows no Condor Flats area, for it has been "sucked up" by Grizzly Peak. Could this be our first glimpse at the Grizzly Peak expansion planned for Phase 2? For those of you who don't have the book, I'll give you a quick rundown:

The entrance to Condor Flats has a large wooden sign reading "Grizzly Peak" with 2 rock columns supporting the sign. There are a lot of pine trees and the Taste Pilot's Grill and Soarin' Over California buildings are painted a dark green. Instead of the rocket engine outside Soarin', there is what looks to be a large barrel on a wooden platform. The shops across from Soarin' have also gotten a paint treatment. Wrapping around the trail, all extreme sport decor and the giant bear out front of GRR have been removed. The rafts also look to have been painted brown. The area where RCCT is now is just all greenery, possibly an expansion pad? The area closest to the San Francisco Houses, just right of the large paddle wheel look as if a gold mining project is set up. There are wooden canals with water in them and people standing around them, possibly a panning for gold station? Just right of that where the present smoking area is looks to be a camp set up.

is there any way you can scan the picture and put it on here?
    I <3 Disneyland California
    &
    <3
    California Adventure

December 15, 1966 - Also known as the saddest day in world history.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by e4skins View Post
    is there any way you can scan the picture and put it on here?
    I found this on Google images:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_G61G-ABFZ9...ak-concept.jpg
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 07-09-2010 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Hotlinked images, against site rules

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^Perfect I can't wait for this...man but 2020 the Park will be sooooo amazing (I know thats a while but worth the wait)

• LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post

I have that book. I love it!
    The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

• Tech in Training

I haven't done a good update for a while, so I thought I'd give as best of one as I can (especially because we've been deprived of an excess of pictures for a while now):

And thanks for MintCrocodile for the pictures.

Here's a look at the rockwork from the wharf area. The backside of the rock that is planned on being themed is coming along nicely, but as you can see from the picture, the flat area is apparent, even from this area, which is not too good. The flat part is going to have to be themed really well to disguise it well. The flatness of it is going to be a challenge, though because the depth illusion is going to be difficult to impossible to get right. Also, the transition from the themed, curved and sculpted rock to the flat wall is going to have to be done basically perfectly or it'll end up looking rather jarring going from theme to flat. Perhaps they'll use the mesh to sort of work the theme into the rock and slowly taper it to look smaller and smaller with the details to fade out the theming. (this would also make the flat wall issue easier to deal with because people wouldn't expect something further away to look so detailed. Yay forced perspective!)

The Roaming Tires site is not too much different that what we've been seeing lately. It's still just a large hole in the ground. And I'm not guaranteeing this, but it looks to me that the hole they have is probably in between 20 and 30 feet deep at the moment (most likely around 25-30), judging by the cars around it. This is a good bit deeper than theTLM pit, which ended up being about 15 ft deep and at most 20 ft.

Also worth noting is that there are many coned off areas in the dirt. They don't look like too much now, but it'll be interesting to see if anything ever shows up where they are. It looks like it'll be where the road will go, so it is most likely infrastructure work that we'll never really see, but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

The giant tarp thing is still up, so my best guess it that they're doing a massive welding job on the other side for whatever reason. This really isn't something I know well, so I'll defer to the people who know better than me on this kind of thing. I'm hoping for something good, though, when it comes down. If only it'd be supports for detailing on the PP side.

This picture also gives you a better view of the end of the supports for the rockwork. It really is a rather abrupt end. Good luck dealing with that.

The framework at the back of Carsland is continuing to grow, though there still hasn't been much shape formed yet, and there's not too much to comment on except for the fact that there's a section at the right of the picture that is beginning to get pretty tall, though it's got further to go I believe.

I don't really know what to think of this one really. If you look in between the brown framing on the right and the tent with the test car underneath it on the left, there are two short white pieces of what appear to be track. Now they're white, meaning they're probably only temporary, but they have a completely different structure than the rest of the pieces we've seen installed so far (the others have a triangular shape whereas these are rectangular and connected). I'm wondering if those will be used for anything because I can't think of any way they could be used because they are simply too different. Again, I guess only time will tell.

Oh, and also, the holes for the foundations of the rockwork on the other side is becoming more defined, so we should start to see work pretty soon on that.

And lastly, the concrete bases for the tracks appears to have progressed very quickly, and it now appears to extend even past where the brown framework is. It also appears to split into two sections in the middle of the picture which would point to that being the part where the two cars meet up to race once, they start.

They were doing some welding on the front of the TLM building before they add any more details. Also, they've at least begun installing the ducting for the ac, which will be very important for this ride. And there are also other internal components which are also currently being installed, though I couldn't exactly say what they are. We need Macro for that.

And they've finally started to install insulation and drywall on the TLM building. This is on the side that I believe faces the San Francisco street, and I'm guessing that the rest of the building will follow relatively soon (though it'll be weeks, still, at least) There are some good details showing up already, so I'm feeling pretty optimistic about how this building is going to turn out.

This picture is making me nervous about the structural stability of the platform. I don't think it's too good that we're seeing what appear to be a type of sandbag on the platform already. I hope it's just temporary. If I'm wrong on this, someone please call me out on it, though. I'd be happy to be wrong on this one.

This isn't too exciting, but it's new nonetheless. They painted the rails around JJ, so they look all new and vivid, and I think they look pretty nice personally. A new paint job is always good.

So that wasn't too exciting of ending, but there you go, and that's the end of this update. Hope you enjoyed. :P

• Banned User

Is the JJ area theming going to stay even when Paradise Garden Grill (or whatever that is called) is built? I actually kind of like it. But the ride itself needs a better paint job... the jellyfish look far too plastic.

• LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)

Thank you!
    The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

• Senior Minion

While I like most of the improvements that picture shows, I don't think it's enough to really make it a great land. Painting Soarin' is a pretty weak solution, I really feel like the air field thing makes little sense in the Grizzly Peak context and would prefer that the ride was updated to focus on it being a hang gliding attraction and not an aviation attraction.

Obviously the huge hanger building is a bit of a problem. But if they were willing to do it right, there is enough space in front of the Soarin' building that they could improve the situation. I'd add some big berms with trees and rockwork that could block most of the structure and then if the building was painted with trees on it, it would just blend in in the background of the real trees. This could create a really nice natural valley feel in that area.

The land also really needs a significant family attraction, right now there is way too far to walk along that path before you come to anything that little kids can do and it's not even a ride, but a play area. I personally would like to see an attraction that really celebrates the history of California. Even though the times period is being set in the 50's, I still feel that much like POTC, this area could easily be home to a journey into the past to see more Gold Rush and natural history. There's probably room for another small attraction as well, perhaps some kind of small outdoor show or attraction.

• Tech in Training

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    Is the JJ area theming going to stay even when Paradise Garden Grill (or whatever that is called) is built? I actually kind of like it. But the ride itself needs a better paint job... the jellyfish look far too plastic.
    the themeing will most likely stay, especially because they just basically repainted it all just a couple of months ago. I do agree that the jellyfish do look too plastic, but I doubt Disney's going to go through the trouble of changing the ride vehicles right now. Maybe in the future, but they're probably going to stay the way they are for at least the next couple of years. That's my guess/opinion at least.

• =)

More steel has gone up for supporting rockwork along the northwest corner of the show building. I've learned that these are apparently just high enough to block out the power lines if you're standing where the entrance to Cars Land will be.

And yes, those are sandbags on the WOC platform. According to some CMs, those were part of the quasi-temporary repairs after last night. Take it for what it's worth...

• Knows Where His Towel Is

I've seen the artwork as well, and I personally didn't like it. The repaint actually makes it look kind of worse, IMHO. And Taste Pilot's Grill looks like an unwieldy mishmash of Craftsman and Airfield. I would rather they completely re-facade both of the hangars, but that's probably not going to happen. *sigh*

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
    HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
    ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
    FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>