Page 111 of 663 FirstFirst ... 116186101108109110111112113114121136161211611 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 9945

• Let there be light!

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker X

Based off what has been said above and various BSC pics, anyone else thinking we're getting the same (if not slightly modified) "shell-mobiles" as The SEAS with Nemo and Friends over at WDW?

Or has this already been discussed and did I miss it?

Quote Originally Posted by e4skins View Post
    I feel the same way, very happy with SSS the way it is now and i HATED the Toy story overlay they planned for it, so glad they went with an old Walt Disney Cartoon that actually fit the time period they are going for.
    I also like the Mickey Band theme - but the Pinocchio one would have been really cute too! I can picture it with a song like "There are no strings on me" :-D

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    I really don't like reading that its coming back next year, I'd be ok if it'd be in DTD, and indoors, so that you don't have to go through it in order to get to an attraction on the other side of it
    I don't mind that it's coming back - just would love to see it in an "out-of-the-way" / separated area from the themed streets and ride entrances...

I actually do like that there's a place for the "partiers" to go enjoy the lights, music, and atmosphere, I just really don't want the rest of the park "cheapened" or detracted from in appearance. And I definitely want the OPTION of attending or not - so the family doesn't have to walk through it at all to get to any other attractions if we don't choose to.

A "rave" is a "rave" and some parents (rightly so) don't want their kids exposed to that ... yet. Not us really, but some...

Our biggest complaint is the existing theming being covered up. We love walking through the streets seeing the details and immersive atmosphere... and to have that mucked up with "tacky" - regardless of how fun - is disappointing...

• I love my family!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyLD View Post
    Based off what has been said above and various BSC pics, anyone else thinking we're getting the same (if not slightly modified) "shell-mobiles" as The SEAS with Nemo and Friends over at WDW?

Or has this already been discussed and did I miss it?
    I would say their more like shell doombuggys than the Nemo shells, since the Nemo shells don't turn at all.

But, really their both just shells so how much different would they be anyway?

• I love my family!

I'm only ok with this if they use classic disney songs: Friend Like Me, Under The Sea, Bare Necessities, Friends on the Other Side, When We're human, Prince Ali, Hakuna Matata. I don't want to hear any music that isn't Disney for something in a disney Park, and that is part of why I absolutely despise what B(G)low Fest is as stands for, it isn't at all disney, no matter what anyone ever says. A rave doesn't belong in a Disney park, PERIOD
    So how do you feel about the music on MainStreet or in Frontierland or New Orleans square, most if not all the parks area music isn't Disney?

Disney doesn't play it's own music except for in related attractions or shows, Glow Fest is a dance party and using only Disney music would eventually become repetative and boring.

And just as a note, I love Disney music and listen to my collection of soundtracks all the time, I just don't think that the parks should be limited to just Disney's own catalog.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdshiftCM View Post
    So how do you feel about the music on MainStreet or in Frontierland or New Orleans square, most if not all the parks area music isn't Disney?

Disney doesn't play it's own music except for in related attractions or shows, Glow Fest is a dance party and using only Disney music would eventually become repetative and boring.

And just as a note, I love Disney music and listen to my collection of soundtracks all the time, I just don't think that the parks should be limited to just Disney's own catalog.
    The ambient music is fine because most of the time you barely notice it, and its in the background, besides that, its all just subtle music, I've never heard anything while walking around that I could hear on the pop stations, that repeat every so often, making the song annoying. I saw a video of GF with Journey's Don't Stop Believing and it totally ruined that song because of how altered it was. In comparison, when in line for BTMRR I can hear songs from Music Man which A) Disney has a version of Music Man starring Matthew Broderick, and B) music man has good music, I can't think if a single song written by a pop artist within the last 12 months that I could even stand due to style or song content, take a song like Just Dance... sounds good, but if you listen to the lyrics its saying I had too much to drink, did too much drugs tonight, don't know where I am, or where my keys are, but I'll go with the flow and just dance my problems away, need I say more?
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• I love my family!

I'd be fine with it if it wasn't outdoors, taking one of the biggest lands in DCA. Mainly because I see it like this... I despise the rave/club culture, with a fiery passion (don't ask why, I don't want to derail this thread), and if I want to ride Monsters Inc. or ToT during this time frame, what am I to do, try and get through the crowd to the good stuff? And if a family is in the park, and the parents don't want their kids in that environment (I know I wouldn't want my kids in that environment) what happens when the kids want to go ride Monsters Inc, there is no way around Glow Fest to get to Monsters, know I'll except that when the new pathway from Bugsland to ToT is finally re-opened, you can get to ToT and avoid GF, but you still won't be able to get to monsters.
    Disney has a history of playing "modern" music in the parks, from big band and jazz at Carnation Gardens to Videopolis and the Tomorrowland rock bands, so a rave type atmosphere us just the new evolution of music to be featured.

I also want to say I have 3 and 8 year old and they both love Glow Fest, they love to dance and jump around and just have fun, So don't let the actions of a few people who can't hold their alcohol ruin the fun for everyone else.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Dlr55th View Post
    Because of the construction mess of Sunshine Plaza, Disney is looking into brining a version of the Osbourne Spectacle of Dancing Lights to Disney California Adventure this Winter along Hollywood Blvd. I have just heard its very close to being a for sure thing, they need something this winter like GlowFest to keep people occupied during the first showing of World Of Color. Discuss.
    Would be interesting.. the Osbourne spectacle is quite a show. I think it's a bit played out now and isn't as unique as it was years back... but is pretty impressive to see. I just hate the visual mess it leaves during the day, but would give good reason to keep the park open later and keep people IN the park.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• I'm not really here

Agreed... I've always wanted to see the Osbourne lights. They look spectacular. A version of this could be very cool indeed for HPB. Though you do end up with all the crazy wires and lights during the day. Still, could be very worth it indeed. Especially with newer LED lights, maybe rig up color shifting throughout the exhibit, etc. There are definite possibilities here.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• I love my family!

take a song like Just Dance... sounds good, but if you listen to the lyrics its saying I had too much to drink, did too much drugs tonight, don't know where I am, or where my keys are, but I'll go with the flow and just dance my problems away, need I say more?
    Well first off those aren't the lyrics, you should do a little more research on that.

Second, go hang around the TLT and listen to some of the songs being covered and then we can talk content.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdshiftCM View Post
    Disney has a history of playing "modern" music in the parks, from big band and jazz at Carnation Gardens to Videopolis and the Tomorrowland rock bands, so a rave type atmosphere us just the new evolution of music to be featured.
    Big Band and Jazz is hardly modern any more, and that's what you should be playing at a dance parry in 1930s hollywood As for videopolis, never saw it, and as for TLT , if you want to avoid it and do attractions in Tomorrowland, you can, seeing as to how it isn't blasting the music throughout the entire land. And I think that GF is just too in the way, if you want to be in that land at night, you can't sneak by pretending it doesn't exist
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)

OMG I AM SO EXCITED FOR THE OSBOURNE LIGHTS!!!!! I posted this idea a few months ago and everyone was all like "stupid idea", "there's amazing new thing called glowfest", "that's what glowfest is for", "no", etc. And now look what's supposedly happening. HA!!!!! I'm happy right now. lol
    BTW, the Osbourne lights were really great at DHS. My whole family loved them. I love all the Christmas music they play, and they even do the "snow" like they do on Main Street there. The only downside is, that it's not very attractive during the day. lol
    The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

Riverside and Garden Grove, and everywhere in between.

Thumbs up from me. Had a chance to check out the Osbourne lights a few years back and its a nice way to spend an hour in the evening.

I like Glowfest. Checked it out Friday night. One thing I might change is to have a more structured show in Hollywood on a main stage.

Remember, anything can happen in Hollywood. Its where dreams are made.

What would happen though when phase 2 starts and it becomes hollywoodland how is glowfest going to fit in. Then maybe the osbourne lights would fit in more because it roughly has to do with showbiz but, also with the trolleys and stuff, do you think they would still have glowfest but maybe have it more focused on dance or something. I know somebody already brought this up i bet. But just wondering.
    Welcome to the Shelby Gallery!
    Created By Shelby
    Please keep your people movers, pirates, ghosts/gouls, toy stories, elephants, astro orbitors/ers, Star Tours', spaceships, cattipilars, princesses, princes, tea cups, mad hatters, mouses, dogs, cats, small people, small worlds, bobsleds, toys, whales, Toads and Mr. Toads, Rabbits, Castles (if it somehow fits in your carry-on), mark twain steamboats, queens, subjects, bears, pooh bears, donkeys, soldiers, goats, please keep your TNT to a minimum, tigerrs, tigers, Indiana Jones', leading ladies, Skippers (funny or not), jungle cruise boats, elephants, Trading Indies, Traders in general, Gorillas, Monkeys, chimps, british people who talk funny, and please watch your children.
    Oh! I almost forgot! Please watch your children, you may get wet during your viewing of the gallery.
    If i forgot any vehicles write them on my Profile Wall, ahah!

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by The Shelby Gallery View Post
    do you think they would still have glowfest but maybe have it more focused on dance or something. I know somebody already brought this up i bet. But just wondering.
    I sort of address this here: Glow Fest 2011 - What would you change?

It could be out of the way of the trollies over by Muppets/MI.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter