Page 202 of 663 FirstFirst ... 102152177192199200201202203204205212227252302 ... LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 9945

• Addicted to MC since '08

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker X

Yeah a lot of the remaining seaside wooden coasters are white.

Why it got to be about brown and white....can't we all just get along?

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    Um... semaphore?
    yeah yeah yeah lol I was just going off the previous post spelling, did a quick google image search, saw it looked similar to wigwag and kept the mispelled name istead of correcting it. That was before the pictures of it were posted so my meaning should have been there still lol

After visiting the park today, I had a few comments to make about the recent changes. The new blue color for the Screamin tubes looks SO nice. Translates much better in person than in the pictures and they've only done the farthest away tube and have begun on the largest hill's tube. The transition from Bug's Land into HPB is very nice and isn't translating well in photographs. It is a much more sudden and short transition than the land's original entrance but nonetheless it is still very nice. Once some of that bamboo grows more it will be even better. They've planted the vegetation nicely as you don't see the ToT once you get on new path until the vegetation kinda rounds out near the RCT station. The wig wag is great and all the new lightpoles, the new gates, the bricks, and the station. I do feel the station is currently unfinished and in future will be more than just a pretty bench in a wall. RCT doesn't open for 2 more years so who knows.

I wonder if they will be making any living characters for CARS Land? I was thinking of how cool it would be have Red the firetruck in his fire house who folks could interact with and even get sprayed on hot days. Since he does not talk in the movie, they just need to make the face expressive to show what he is thinking.

• YOU KNOW IT! YEAH!

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBear View Post
    I wonder if they will be making any living characters for CARS Land? I was thinking of how cool it would be have Red the firetruck in his fire house who folks could interact with and even get sprayed on hot days. Since he does not talk in the movie, they just need to make the face expressive to show what he is thinking.
    This sounds sounds awesome.

SUPPORT THE CMs

For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

• Fireworks Finatic!

Possibly due to construction in the area, it looks like the Hyperion Theater will be closed September 7 - October 7. Aladdin will return Oct 8. Naturally dates may change..

• Disneyman

Quote Originally Posted by insider67 View Post
    Why it got to be about brown and white....can't we all just get along?
    "It's fun to do the impossible." ~Walt Disney

Riverside and Garden Grove, and everywhere in between.

I like the blue as well on screamin.

• Nope! No grown-ups here!

Smile Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker X

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicBear View Post
    I'm not sure if Red doesn't talk at all. He did make some sounds of shock and cried out a bit in the movie. Maybe he's just really shy around strangers? They could have him talk a bit, or maybe just chortle and giggle a bit as he is splashing water on people. I think that would add to the authenticity of the experience.

Heh. When you mentioned the idea of adding 'living characters' to Cars Land, for some reason I got an image of one or two moto-cross bikes or mini-bikes sitting on a precipice, looking down on the RSR track, in much the same manner as the goats that inhabit BTMR.
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by kibia16 View Post
    Here is a picture showing the new facade

I really never had an issue with the faux street scene on the Hyperion. And it does give a pretty good illusion, and makes all of Hollywood Pictures Backlot look bigger than what it really is. Makes for a pretty good weenie, and makes it look more like being on the really Hollywood Blvd.

But, with the proposed change, it's going to make the HPB look a lot smaller and closed in, than what it currently is. Plus, with the dead end on Hollywood Blvd, it's going to look a lot less like the real thing. I thing the proposed change is a mistake. Even from the front entrance of HPB, that street is going to look A LOT shorter.

In fact, I wish they did more paint jobs that created illusions on some of the other square buildings in DCA.

• =)

I disagree. Murals and forced perspective extensions like that work fine for attractions, where you're seeing it just for a moment as part of a hyper-real sort of experience, but I'd rather not see them put to use like that in such an unconvincing way outside. For me, it comes across more as an amusing optical illusion than a genuinely convincing and immersive part of the scenery. It's too difficult to tell exactly what the proposed Hyperion facade would look in that concept art, but I like what I see. And I'm not concerned about the area feeling more boxed-in...if anything, DCA needs to feel less open. Broad, open walkways and long sightlines have made it more difficult for DCA to achieve the small-scale charm that has contributed to Disneyland's success.

So it looks like the Aladdin show is going down once work starts in front of Hyperion for RCT

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by BiggestDisneyFan View Post
    I'm not sure if Red doesn't talk at all. He did make some sounds of shock and cried out a bit in the movie. Maybe he's just really shy around strangers? They could have him talk a bit, or maybe just chortle and giggle a bit as he is splashing water on people. I think that would add to the authenticity of the experience.

Heh. When you mentioned the idea of adding 'living characters' to Cars Land, for some reason I got an image of one or two moto-cross bikes or mini-bikes sitting on a precipice, looking down on the RSR track, in much the same manner as the goats that inhabit BTMR.
    Red doesn't talk in the movie.
    hahaha the idea of adding motorbikes on a precipice is too awesome!! that's a good idea BDF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    I disagree. Murals and forced perspective extensions like that work fine for attractions, where you're seeing it just for a moment as part of a hyper-real sort of experience, but I'd rather not see them put to use like that in such an unconvincing way outside. For me, it comes across more as an amusing optical illusion than a genuinely convincing and immersive part of the scenery. It's too difficult to tell exactly what the proposed Hyperion facade would look in that concept art, but I like what I see. And I'm not concerned about the area feeling more boxed-in...if anything, DCA needs to feel less open. Broad, open walkways and long sightlines have made it more difficult for DCA to achieve the small-scale charm that has contributed to Disneyland's success.
    I agree with your disagree.
    when I start walking at the beginning of HPB, it looks ok, but as I get closer, the illusion really fades away for me. It's cool, but just not up close like that.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    if anything, DCA needs to feel less open. Broad, open walkways and long sightlines have made it more difficult for DCA to achieve the small-scale charm that has contributed to Disneyland's success.
    This has been one of my top 3 beefs with DCA since it opened. It is one of the things that gives Disneyland more innate charm than ANY other Disney park period. It's intimate size and the very cozy feeling the park layout and landscaping combine to give you. This is one of the biggest failures at DCA in my opinion.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter