Page 205 of 663 FirstFirst ... 105155195202203204205206207208215255305 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 9945

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker X

I'm most looking forward the the underground cavern after the race. Hopefully reminiscent of Rainbow Caverns.

I hate to nitpick but how exactly do they plan to explain the transitions between day and night? So in the day you could be cruising during the first outdoor portion of the ride and then you go into a tunnel and then pass Radiator Springs during the night only to go back outside with the sun beaming down on you? Did I miss something?
    "I have been up against tough competition all my life. I wouldn't know how to get along without it"
    -Walt Disney

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by basketbuddy101 View Post
    I hate to nitpick but how exactly do they plan to explain the transitions between day and night? So in the day you could be cruising during the first outdoor portion of the ride and then you go into a tunnel and then pass Radiator Springs during the night only to go back outside with the sun beaming down on you? Did I miss something?
    Well I think it'd be cool if they had the inside's backgrounds (weather/day & night) mimic what is happening outside
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

Quote Originally Posted by basketbuddy101 View Post
    It's afternoon when you go by the waterfall. Then you spend the evening and night trying to get to the race, being distracted along the way. After late night tractor tripping, you have an early morning race. Tada!

And when it's dark out, you have a nighttime race.

• Minion

How do you explain POTC? Or Splash Mountain? with they day to night thing? It just will work hopefully

• Armchair Imagineer-er.

so okay, RSR looks amazing.

But, the AA's. will they be using the mouth projection thing?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNVsLk5_IQQ]YouTube - Radiator Springs Racers - Lightning McQueen test at D23 Expo[/ame]

Sorry, i have no idea what it's called.
    @Monorailorange

• Minion

the marker for RTC outside HTH has been swapped out, now it doesn't include the date on it

photo from Dateline Disney's twitter
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Thinking about doughnuts

I have construction pictures from Thursday in this gallery. I'll spare you copies of my latest Algae Art this time around. I'm afraid the algae may be offended. I think they've evolved enough that they may be capable of attacking people.

• Disney Fan & Musician

Quote Originally Posted by Monorailorange33 View Post

YouTube - Radiator Springs Racers - Lightning McQueen test at D23 Expo

I'm 90% sure they will.
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

• Still lost in Neverland

I thought we were just told in a previous post that the projection mouth has been changed to a working mouth using the same technology that Mr. Potato Head uses at Midway Mania. It was posted by an insider just a day or so ago. I can't remember who posted it but they did cause I do remember reading about it. I think the projection was not working the way they wanted because of the high speed movement of the cars. I don't know for sure but this sounds like a much better way to make facial expressions that projection.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Armchair Imagineer-er.

Quote Originally Posted by MatterhornJ View Post
    I'm 90% sure they will.
    Fantastic! Or should i say, Fantasmic!

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    I thought we were just told in a previous post that the projection mouth has been changed to a working mouth using the same technology that Mr. Potato Head uses at Midway Mania. It was posted by an insider just a day or so ago. I can't remember who posted it but they did cause I do remember reading about it. I think the projection was not working the way they wanted because of the high speed movement of the cars. I don't know for sure but this sounds like a much better way to make facial expressions that projection.
    Oh, well, i dunno, i think that the projection would be more accurate.. i was just praying that they weren't using cheap AA's like with Monster Inc.
    @Monorailorange

• We Go On.

Quote Originally Posted by Monorailorange33 View Post

YouTube - Radiator Springs Racers - Lightning McQueen test at D23 Expo

That's pretty much what it's called.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    Hmm... Obviously they would need this for Doc, Sheriff, and some others, who have moving bumpers or grills when they talk. And of course, if the cars bounce around on their frames like they do in the movie, it would be a nightmare to sync projections with the movement.

• Armchair Imagineer-er.

Quote Originally Posted by WDITrent View Post
    That's pretty much what it's called.

Hahahaha.. Projection thing! That sounds complicated.
    @Monorailorange

Quote Originally Posted by Macro View Post
    I have construction pictures from Thursday in this gallery. I'll spare you copies of my latest Algae Art this time around. I'm afraid the algae may be offended. I think they've evolved enough that they may be capable of attacking people.
    Great photos!

You can really see things coming to shape along Route 66: Flo's & Doc's, the foundation for the Cozy Cones and the Curios Shop foundation.

Awesome!

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

That's funny that they took out the old marker with the year on it and just put in one without a year. Haha nice I guess they do listen/care . I read that LA Times article about RSR and holy moly this attraction is going to be AMAZING! It's funny people are getting nit picky about the day/night thing when right now over at DL, you can ride Splash Mountain at night and magically it's day time once you're in the mountain...or go on POTC during day and magically it's night out. Suspension of belief it's what DL is all about. And seriously it's not like suddenly it's day then BAM it's Radiator Springs at night...you go through a tunnel to get there(probably reason they chose a tunnel)so there is a transition from light to dark then the shops you enter before going outside for the race(and you'll probably go through tunnel here as well). It's not that farfetched and there are plenty examples of the same thing at the park next door. Sometimes we all need to look at things a little less literally and suspend reality for a bit. It's what makes DL so special