Page 206 of 663 FirstFirst ... 106156181196203204205206207208209216231256306 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 9945

• Nope! No grown-ups here!

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker X

Next door? It happens right in DCA, too: Soaring and Monster's Inc. both portray a particular time of day or night, which conflict with the real time of day or night, more than once during a whole day.
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Yeah next door in DL. And that was my point. It happens in both parks and I think it's funny how people nitpick it now with RSR as well it happens in both parks and has for years like since opening day and no problems before. Like I said, DL is about suspending your belief a little and reality and yeah having fun RSR will be great and even has a nice transition to ease it from day to night.

30 Minutes from the Happiest Place on Earth

DisneyGeek has a new photo update!
    "To all who come to this happy place... welcome." -Walt Disney
    "And that was without even a single drop of rum" -Jack Sparrow

• Banned User

From Marco's album:

That is ridonkulously unattractive. I wonder how they will cover that up.

• long time listener

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    I just know a few people who ARE offended by it... That's all
    BUT the good news is, your signature has a nice tribute to the Maliboomer. As one of the very few who like the Maliboomer, I hope you keep it there for a long while.

Once again...Thanks, Macro, for your time and skill for keeping those of us who can't be there up do date with the construction going on in the parks. It is because of you and a few other photographers that I joined Micechat. Your eye was missed in July! As always, it is in the details that the best clues are revealed. You rock!

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    I thought we were just told in a previous post that the projection mouth has been changed to a working mouth using the same technology that Mr. Potato Head uses at Midway Mania. It was posted by an insider just a day or so ago. I can't remember who posted it but they did cause I do remember reading about it. I think the projection was not working the way they wanted because of the high speed movement of the cars. I don't know for sure but this sounds like a much better way to make facial expressions that projection.
    The guy with the most irritating signature on the web is hardly an insider. Are you going to believe him or the actual thing as seen at D23?

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by ryno1986 View Post
    The guy with the most irritating signature on the web is hardly an insider. Are you going to believe him or the actual thing as seen at D23?
    Really. Let's stop with the attacks based on a signature. Permanently. Finite. Acabou. Saavy?

As to what was shown at D23. That was a year ago. And the ride is still 18 months away. Things change. Point is... we do not know for certain what will be used. There have been several mentions that it has changed. Nothing has cropped up in terms of photos or video, but it has been mentioned.

We're in a "wait and see" pattern at the moment.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• long time listener

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    I actually really like the new Screamin tube color. I wish they added some flags to the tops of them but still, it looks good.
    I like the blue tube paint also. Feels nice at the pier and will be fresh.

Wondering though, since you go from TOT to Bug's Land, there is a sign to welcome you, but from Bugs Land to TOT the transition view leaves a lot to be desired. Not sure that a sign would be the answer, but the angle you enter is so unnatural, you're looking at the wrong angle to each existing building (TOT, Hyperion, back of Animation.) Seems they need a little help here.

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    From Marco's album:

That is ridonkulously unattractive. I wonder how they will cover that up.
    It will be covered in paper mache and painted bright, fluorescent pink and green. It will be the representation of GlowFest in Paradise Pier. Don't worry, it will blend right in.
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Really. Let's stop with the attacks based on a signature. Permanently. Finite. Acabou. Saavy?

As to what was shown at D23. That was a year ago. And the ride is still 18 months away. Things change. Point is... we do not know for certain what will be used. There have been several mentions that it has changed. Nothing has cropped up in terms of photos or video, but it has been mentioned.

We're in a "wait and see" pattern at the moment.
    I absolutely agree with you (as is almost always the case), m16.

However, I will point out that the RSR 'test' vehicle actually has a recessed mouth opening and not some quasi-3D sticker (or whatever would be involved) resembling the holographic mouth that the model of Lightning McQueen had at D23. Does this mean that the animatronic vehicles will have that same style of mouth? Dunno', but it could be a clue to the plans the Imagineers have for the other characters in the ride.
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by BiggestDisneyFan View Post
    but it could be a clue to the plans the Imagineers have for the other characters in the ride.
    It could be indeed. I just don't see either direction really standing out yet. I actually see arguments for BOTH happening in the ride. Projections for areas you will be moving through faster, animatronic for characters you will see for longer times. I don't see it being a one or the other kind of thing, but a judicious use of both.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Miss Teen Fresno of RCMC

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    More steel for the other structures. You can't see these from MFW(or just barely) they're getting really close to the farm area. It looks like te buildings will be pretty small. I think it's a good thing it will give a more intimate feel.
    thanks sooooo much!!!

and an extra thanks for the Aladdin info too!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleCruiseFan View Post
    You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    It could be indeed. I just don't see either direction really standing out yet. I actually see arguments for BOTH happening in the ride. Projections for areas you will be moving through faster, animatronic for characters you will see for longer times. I don't see it being a one or the other kind of thing, but a judicious use of both.
    I could see a mix of techniques, AA mouths with internal projections for the eyes for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by ScienceProject View Post
    Wondering though, since you go from TOT to Bug's Land, there is a sign to welcome you, but from Bugs Land to TOT the transition view leaves a lot to be desired. Not sure that a sign would be the answer, but the angle you enter is so unnatural, you're looking at the wrong angle to each existing building (TOT, Hyperion, back of Animation.) Seems they need a little help here.
    Yeah they need new facades (at least) on the south and east sides of Animation and along the Hyperion queue to make that area more Hollywoody.

That and the Monsters area are really the only parts of DCA that desperately need work where they haven't specifically announced upgrades.

Other than the view going out though, the pathway looks nice. It's actually a pretty major change for the whole park, having a new route like that.