Page 207 of 663 FirstFirst ... 107157197204205206207208209210217257307 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 9945

• Senior Minion

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker X

Quote Originally Posted by BiggestDisneyFan View Post
    I absolutely agree with you (as is almost always the case), m16.

However, I will point out that the RSR 'test' vehicle actually has a recessed mouth opening and not some quasi-3D sticker (or whatever would be involved) resembling the holographic mouth that the model of Lightning McQueen had at D23. Does this mean that the animatronic vehicles will have that same style of mouth? Dunno', but it could be a clue to the plans the Imagineers have for the other characters in the ride.
    I spoke to a couple of Imagineers about this and they said that there will be both projected and animated mouths depending on the character. Most are animatronic, but projected works better for certain characters. Honestly, based on the quality of the techniques they're using, these things are going to look like seeing the character jump right out of the film and you'll be wondering how did they do that at the end.

• Senior Minion

Does anyone know if they have plans to repaint the light poles and guardrails soon in PP since the aqua color is going away on Screamin'?

• Nope! No grown-ups here!

Would TDA ever approve that when all of the rails in PPk were just painted a few months ago?

Oops. I wrote 'wouldn't', but meant 'would'.
    Last edited by BiggestDisneyFan; 08-22-2010 at 10:51 AM.
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    Does anyone know if they have plans to repaint the light poles and guardrails soon in PP since the aqua color is going away on Screamin'?
    No clue. Does this also mean the teal on king tritons carousel will leave too?

• Armchair Imagineer-er.

I like the new paint job on screamin'.

Just wish it wasn't blue,

but i'll live.
    @Monorailorange

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    I spoke to a couple of Imagineers about this and they said that there will be both projected and animated mouths depending on the character
    Ok, when I said they would do that, it was a total and complete guess.
    Thanks for the info though!

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Monorailorange33 View Post
    Just wish it wasn't blue,

but i'll live.
    Blue was actually a very popular color to use during this time period.
    1920s Color Schemes

This site has some samples of decorations and home furnishings from this time period. If you look at the last picture on the page, it is a bedroom with a shockingly blue floor. There was still an emphasis on peach, black and white, sage, lavender, but "strong" colors were becoming much more popular as accents. If you look at the colors used for TSMM and the Games of the Midway you'll see this scheme followed. The blue on the tubes fits into the time period perfectly.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• =)

I must admit...I am almost completely ambivalent about the new paint job. It doesn't really seem like much of an improvement to me, at least not yet, but I don't miss the old color, either.

• Nope! No grown-ups here!

Well, I doubt that re-painting the scream tubes a different, albeit nicer, color was meant to be any major improvement. It's just one of many subtle touches that, when combined, are making a substantial impact on the quality of the park.
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

I sure do hope that TDA decides to repaint all the lightpoles and railings. If anything at least the ones on the "pier". They did use an aqua sort of color in PPk and near SSS but it's a more dark tealish aqua than the color used on the "pier". I do wonder if they will as well since they did recently repaint them however who knows. They not too long ago refurb'd the SS Rustworthy and that's going away in a few weeks. Who knows

• AKA: Indyiluvu

I am so excited about the new TOT to BL pathway. Can't wait for cars land to open. It will be nice to be able to walk from hollywoodland, through bugsland, into carsland and then through the archway into the warf area to get to Paradise Pier. The many paths in Disneyland next door allways made it easier to get arround, and this will add one more way to navigate the park. But even now, jut having the path open makes a world of difference.
    FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

Well I know I brought this up in another thread but I feel a discussion on it is more appropriate here. So this piece of concept art, http://micechat.com/forums/members/m...ht-disney.html, was a favorite, old piece of art that came about when the DCA redo was first announced. Now I know this is only concept art and of course looks amazing however many of these things can still, and maybe will still happen. The repainting of the Screamin tubes made me wonder if there are any rumors or anything that points to Screamin receiving the dressing up it has in this concept art. I know it wouldn't be happening anytime soon but maybe it will in the future. This is what PP needs to aim for. The Boardwalk games look similar to what's presented here and hopefully the stores will as well. Other than the wrap around boardwalk I can see all the rest of this realistically happening someday.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
    Well I know I brought this up in another thread but I feel a discussion on it is more appropriate here. So this piece of concept art, http://micechat.com/forums/members/m...ht-disney.html, was a favorite, old piece of art that came about when the DCA redo was first announced. Now I know this is only concept art and of course looks amazing however many of these things can still, and maybe will still happen. The repainting of the Screamin tubes made me wonder if there are any rumors or anything that points to Screamin receiving the dressing up it has in this concept art. I know it wouldn't be happening anytime soon but maybe it will in the future. This is what PP needs to aim for. The Boardwalk games look similar to what's presented here and hopefully the stores will as well. Other than the wrap around boardwalk I can see all the rest of this realistically happening someday.
    The only thing that hasn't been done in that concept art, aside from the wrap around Mickeys Fun Wheel Queue which, as you've noted, isn't going to happen, is the retheming of the shops next to the boardwalk games. That, and the rather pointlessly grand towered ticket window on the left side. Screaming looks the same, other than maybe some new popcorn lighting on the trestles.
    Forget 'Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln,' Samantha Brown is Disney's most sophisticated animatronic.
    Tokyo Disneyland: 2009, 2012
    Disneyland Paris: 2010
    Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
    Universal Orlando: 2007, 2010 (twice!)
    Efteling:2011
    Lotte World: 2012

• Banned User

I agree with Datameister... the new paint job doesn't do much for me. It still looks way to modern, but at least it's crisper than the teal.

[First Post!]

Right above the games/shops the track for Screamin is more dressed up with fanciful arch shapes that make it look more "bridge-like". A small addition that make it it look way classier IMO. And the towered window building is a nice way to hide that part of the track and could make a nice, little well themed permanent ODV location.