Page 254 of 663 FirstFirst ... 154204244251252253254255256257264304354 ... LastLast
Results 3,796 to 3,810 of 9945

• =)

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker X

I love that at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. Best attraction there! (And boy, are the results yummy...)

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Likely Making Changes

Blog Entries

Sorry to fall back to this as the discussion has moved on, but the point of Interactivity is an interesting one. I think of it like this:

Rides that are telling a specific story, have a "plot", or are a collection of scenes seperate from the viewers where 'I' am nothing more than an observer of that story should make no attempt at saying my name or wishing me a happy birthday. This goes for rides such as the Fantasyland darkrides, Pirates and Splash Mountain.

However, in rides where 'I' am a part of the action such as Indy (a visitor to the temple who looks into the eyes), ToT (visitor to the hotel), Star Tours (passenger) etc., it makes a bit more sense for some interaction because the guest is a part of the story. When you think of it, even the Ghost host interacting a bit might be interesting, if done properly (not like ET where they have an AA rattling off names in an akward, obvous way). The thing is, it has to be natural, in character and not to obvious. I think that will prove very hard to pull off.

As a final point, I worry that the last Jack Sparrow AA was added with the idea in mind that it might one day interact. It reminds me a lot of the old universal ET attraction where although you had nothing to do with the storyline throughout the ride, suddenly ET was calling you by name. hmm

• Banned User

Honorhunter posted a nice bit on the future of DCA.
    Blue Sky Disney
    Disneyland's Second Gate looks a lot like a walled fortress right now...

And as I've mentioned before, it's only going to get more so when the new year comes. This park will finally have the detail and theming that it has been lacking in for the majority of the last decade. I know many people have mentioned the lack of a cohesive them to the park, but it will have one when all this is done. I'm not saying it's as good as Tokyo DisneySEA's theming, which it's not (but really, almost nothing is as good as that park's theme). But it will have a theme and not everyone will like or approve it, but the theme will work to expand the offering that can be built there. With the addition of Cars Land, the park will have four major themed areas:

The Front Entrance/Hollywoodland - Themed to the bygone era of Los Angeles of the late 20's/early 30's and Tinsel Town in the 40's.

The Golden State - Themed to a Californian National Park like the way Yosemite might have appeared as in the 50's.

Paradise Pier - Themed to a Victorian turn-of-the-century seaside pier along a mythical coast of a California that never was.

Cars Land - Themed to the sites one would have seen along historic Route 66 during its heyday in the 60's as California's gateway to/from the West.

See the narrative they're working with? Each of the four sections will be themed to a different time period of California. The adventures you will experience there will be Disney attractions that are tailored to go along with what would be happening during a specific period. Now, certain people are going to complain about some of this, but it doesn't bother me. Woody, Buzz and the gang are toys that populate an area of a midway where toys would be prizes that you could/would win. It's like they're staring in a period attraction instead of staring in a period film. That's the justification for seeing Mickey or Goofy walking around Paradise Pier. A lot of people seem to get upset when they talk about Mickey in Victorian times because he wasn't created yet, but it's a set piece and he's the star. No one complained that he wasn't around when he made "The Nifty Nineties," so how could he be in that time? It was him fitting the period. But Mickey will fit any period they put him in at the park and come 2012 he's going to look really nice walking around in an early version of Hollywood. And don't get me started about what it'll be like having him there in a new Californian themed Christmas/Holidays setting. And the Golden State will capture the spirit of what it was like to have been in this fictional national park, with some left over memories of the mining company that occupied the land before it became a historic place. Cars Land will take you to a part of the state's past that many people have never experienced. These are Disney adventures via time capsules.

So each new attraction is planned to have a need to be presented in a period themed era and it'll be told from a distinctively Disney standpoint. And they'll play out on one of these four areas or eras if you like. This will allow Imagineers to dream up some interesting concepts and not be bound by the restrictions that the ill conceived opening day version of this park was. It's not the tightly constructed theming of Tokyo DisneySEA, but it is a much better master plan of a way to take this park in the direction of being or becoming a Disney Park.

And that is where it's needed to go...

• failure for lunch

Quote Originally Posted by bfdf55 View Post
    If they start plugging "personal" interactive crap on the attractions, that's when I'll start cutting down on my park visits. There's a point where "interactivity" actually spoils the attractions. If they feel they need that kind of gimmick to draw guests, then it just shows their loss of creativity.
    I completely agree with this..
    Bullets for Breakfast
    Join the party. Face the music.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    now if only we could convince them to turn the small section of the shops where they are selling the WOC merchandise into a candy store. It would be the perfect place to recreate "Mcgrudersalt water taffy store"
    Rumor has it that a candy/salt water taffy store are in the plans of the remodel of the stores. This could explain the long delay. They have to figure out a new blueprint that will include a small kitchen display and also the requirement of a separate stockroom to store the hand made candy.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    Rumor has it that a candy/salt water taffy store are in the plans of the remodel of the stores. This could explain the long delay. They have to figure out a new blueprint that will include a small kitchen display and also the requirement of a separate stockroom to store the hand made candy.
    This would be very good news!
    The Mur

• Minion

I really hope this happens, it'd be so cool
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• =)

Me too. That's one of those cool little things that you'd find on a real California boardwalk, and that would nevertheless fit perfectly in a Disney park, and wouldn't cost a tremendous amount of money to implement, and would actually generate revenue. I would fully support that being incorporated, especially with some sprinklings of Disney magic to take it all to the next level.

• Dream in wonderful color!

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Me too. That's one of those cool little things that you'd find on a real California boardwalk, and that would nevertheless fit perfectly in a Disney park, and wouldn't cost a tremendous amount of money to implement, and would actually generate revenue. I would fully support that being incorporated, especially with some sprinklings of Disney magic to take it all to the next level.
    yeah, it seems like a no-brainer. makes you wonder why something like this wasn't added from the beginning. I hope there's some truth to that rumor!

speaking of snacks at the Pier - anyone else notice Catch-A-Flave is closed until Sept 16? could this mean the possible return of flavor swirls?
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    I agree with this too, Datameister, but the only thing I kinda have a problem with is the lack of the updated Walt Disney Story in the Carthay Circle. I hope it's at least still on the drawing boards and comes at some point, if not right away. A lost opportunity in my opinion.
    YAY!!!!!!!!! BVS is one of the two main things I've been waiting for in this project!!!!!!

But, I too wonder what they have planned for the inside the facade of the Carthay Circle?!?!!?!??!?!?!?!? And IF they even HAVE a final plan for the attraction?!?!??!??!?!?! It really needs to be something significant . . .

• Banned User

Also forgot to mention. On screamin, you can now see your photos in the normal screens. The screens in the shop were removed. I heard they were a test for RSR. I think they're gonna have onride photos!

• Senior Minion

Also forgot to mention. On screamin, you can now see your photos in the normal screens. The screens in the shop were removed. I heard they were a test for RSR. I think they're gonna have onride photos!
    That's not really that surprising, they pretty much have it on every E-ticket where it's feasible these days.

• =)

I hope they do indeed have on-ride photos for RSR!

• Yeah.....

Naturally, the cameras should be at the "photo finish" of the race!

• AKA: Indyiluvu

With the returaunts and the malliboomer closing yesterday, was anyone else expecting the construction walls to go from the mallibooomer all the way to GSS? I guess we have to wait untill MM closes for the walls to come up? Oh and are the walls up arround the farm area now?
    FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?