Page 405 of 663 FirstFirst ... 305355380395402403404405406407408415430455505 ... LastLast
Results 6,061 to 6,075 of 9945

• Minion

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker X

Quote Originally Posted by theeighthpassenger View Post
    Yes but how is not including the Ariel stained glass "skimping". I just think its silly that you claim there is a new design simply because they were being cheap.

And the final concept art was accurate because it was in a press release and promotions for the ride, not a Blue Sky Cellar that's purpose is to show how a ride is developed.
    I didn't claim there was new design. I was posing speculation as to how "skimping" can happen well before final concept artwork and final drawings. If the final concept artwork was accurate, then that in no way conflicts with what I've said.

Quote Originally Posted by bfdf55 View Post
    I didn't claim there was new design. I was posing speculation as to how "skimping" can happen well before final concept artwork and final drawings. If the final concept artwork was accurate, then that in no way conflicts with what I've said.
    I give up. The simple fact is that they were given $1.1 billion to improve the park and they are doing amazing things with it. I don't think there is any reason to believe they have cut corners in any way.

Why is this an issue? 1.1 Billion is being put into DCA. Why are we talking about skimping? I say let the creative forces do their magic. Then when all is said and done, we can bitch. To complain now seems a little bit of an ego, hear me now kind of statement. Just saying.

A few pictures from today:

2 of the 3 platforms were submerged:

Is this stairway permanent?

*A Republic... If you can keep it*

• Future Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by Imag1neer View Post
    Being that Epic Mickey is about the old school Mickey and Oswald, I'd put an Epic Mickey dark ride in the Carthay CIrcle on Buena Vista St. ,it would fit the time period perfectly.
    I would agree with that, but the problem is that there isn't that much room over there. However you could replace Bug's land with the ride .

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    It fits the time period (kinda), but not the location. A castle, toontown or a haunted house wouldnt fit in Hollywoodland.
    Well something from Wasteland should be the entrance. As for the castle/toontown/haunted house issue, I see your point. But it could take up the empty space behind the rockwork towards the warehouses.
    Last edited by Right Ear; 10-24-2010 at 07:19 PM.

WarningSLO... great pics!! Thanks!! I wish more devotees of this thread would share their images. I can't get my fix in person. Whatever. Your images are very much appreciated.

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I guess, but in the same way your telling them they cannot ride the Jungle Cruise. They didn't purchase a Disneyland ticket, so they cannot ride the Disneyland attractions. Thats pretty easy to explain to someone.

If you put it to DCA as well, then its a lot harder to tell people they cannot ride an attraction that is in a park they have a ticket for.

Even then, your ignoring the more important aspect of the post. The system cannot handle it.
    I would venture a guess that most DCA Visitors are not just single day guests but most of them are either parkhoppers, multiday etc and Annual passholders.

I do agree with Erik and I like the idea of limiting the monorail to just passholders and Parkhoppers and agree DCA does need a monorail stop, however the system currently isnt built and able to handle additional stops. If disneyland brings in more monorail trains , and actually considers expanding the line around the resort more. I think the stop in DCA or even by the Grand californian could be strongly considered.

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Quote Originally Posted by Imag1neer View Post
    Being that Epic Mickey is about the old school Mickey and Oswald, I'd put an Epic Mickey dark ride in the Carthay CIrcle on Buena Vista St. ,it would fit the time period perfectly.
    A couple things about this, Perhaps instead of building a epic mickey dark ride they should build a dark ride surrounding mickey mouse and the evolution of him. Epic Mickey period theming stops at the way the mouse looks himself and some of the storyline , the rest doesnt really fit . If you did a evolution of the mouse dark ride. with key scenes from all the great mickey mouse cartoons of the past. That could truly be alot of fun. It also may not fit best at Carthay circle but my first choice would be in the Animation Building but I do not think the space is there or it would really stand out since attractions get lost in that building... A good spot might be Hollywood and Dine seems like they can use the entire building and then some of the areas on the backside. Obviously the title of the attraction wouldnt be The Evolution of the mouse but something far more catchy.

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Thanks for sharing WarningSLO

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Established 2005

Fantastic photos of the now-missing Western tile mural. Love this!! Last night, there was something there. . .today, poof!

• Light up the HALO!

The only way a monorail stop in DCA would work is A. Disney gets rid of the one day, one park ticket option, or allows only aps an park hoppers on board, and B. if they reroute the monorail, and have it stop in paradise pier. From a financial standpoint, I don't think Disney will go for that. The only way I see the monorail being extended is if a third gate gets built.

Remember, at WDW the monorail stops outside of the parks.
    As we say to the animals, that's the end of the lion.

RACE THROUGH THE UNIVERSE, CAREEN THROUGH THE STARS.

Space Mountain

• soon i will grow up

i think a Monorail stop in DCA near the Grand Ca Hotel is too close to the DTD stop. But I think if it was on the DCA Hollywood side it would work better.

Especially if they were to build another Hotel in the East Esplanade. Something like the Ambassador in Tokyo with it's art deco Hollywood theme would be awesome there. Plus it could have another entrance into that section of DCA. I'm thinking the entrance to the Park and Monorail stop will be on the curve near Stage 17 ( Flynns )

• Minion

Not much left of this - it won't be long now:

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Quote Originally Posted by Ron W View Post
    Not much left of this - it won't be long now:

Great Pictures Ron, its very exciting that the hubcap is almost gone!

• Minion

A few progress pics before bed: