Page 408 of 663 FirstFirst ... 308358383398405406407408409410411418433458508 ... LastLast
Results 6,106 to 6,120 of 9945

• Banned User

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker X

This confirms it. TRON is coming to WoC!!!!

• Metal Head loves Disney

^Wow thats amazing!
    Most recent Disney trip - 06/25/11

Marketing Manger of InCinderated Enterprises
    Last Man Standing in the M&F Parking Lot of the RCMC

• Bring Your Own Redemption

That looks awesome!
    Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

• =)

Very cool. It'll be interesting to see how they work this into the show.

• Dream in wonderful color!

It looks like for now they are only programming the lighting and projections, and then later they will probably start working on the fountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister View Post
    Very cool. It'll be interesting to see how they work this into the show.
    Yeah, I wonder if the scene will be incorporated into the show, or if it will be used as an encore.. TRONcore

edit - I like the "lightcycle" effect they're doing on the lift hill!
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• Banned User

If they do add tron to woc then i think the best spot for it would be next to the buzz and wall-e segments. Also i really hope they record the score at Abbey Road studios in London like the rest of woc. That way the music all has the same sound quality and isnt choppy.
    Last edited by BuenaVista28; 10-26-2010 at 07:48 AM.

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by nonob88 View Post
    so tonight.. more Screamin' light testing. this time they also incorporated MFW lighting, syncrolites, and some new images..

Look at the upper right.... the Dark Lord Sauron

• DCA FTW!

Awesome! I wonder how far along they are. I know they do a lot of the fountain creation using some sort of simulator. Here's hoping this is added to world of color before the movie comes out!
    Everybody's got a laughin' place-
    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

• Banned User

I also hope they use this opportunity to not only add Tron but to fix some of the transition issues in WOC. Maybe this Tron segment can help some of those transitions if done right and put in the right spot.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Imag1neer View Post
    I also hope they use this opportunity to not only add Tron but to fix some of the transition issues in WOC. Maybe this Tron segment can help some of those transitions if done right and put in the right spot.
    They know what they are doing. These are the professionals, and best in the business. Let them do their job.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by MainStreetJake View Post
    They know what they are doing. These are the professionals, and best in the business. Let them do their job.
    Indeed.

Though I'm sure they look at it and see tons of things they wish they could fix/do better/aren't working right, etc. That's they way with creating something... often the artist only sees the flaws because they can compare it to the flawless vision in their heads.

That being said, I enjoy the transitions they have done.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    Indeed.

Though I'm sure they look at it and see tons of things they wish they could fix/do better/aren't working right, etc. That's they way with creating something... often the artist only sees the flaws because they can compare it to the flawless vision in their heads.

That being said, I enjoy the transitions they have done.
    Oh definitely. My dad is an artist, and he often complains about how "well, this could be better, or I can change that to make this look more realistic, etc."

I agree with you, I like the transitions they have done.

• Still lost in Neverland

Then you must not have seen all the previews and talks about WOC by Steve Davidson and not seen the transitions that were in place before Bob Iger stuck his big nose in and shortened the show, changed the music and just ruined all the built in flow and beauty of the show. There are only a couple of transition scenes that survived the butcher's knife. This has been talked about since the show debuted by Al and everyone who had been paying attention. Sorry but the show as it is now is a disaster compared to what it could have been. And all to shorten a show from 30 minutes to 26 minutes. WHY? He ruined a beautiful show for the sake of 4 minutes shorter show. Makes no sense.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    Then you must not have seen all the previews and talks about WOC by Steve Davidson and not seen the transitions that were in place before Bob Iger stuck his big nose in and shortened the show, changed the music and just ruined all the built in flow and beauty of the show. There are only a couple of transition scenes that survived the butcher's knife. This has been talked about since the show debuted by Al and everyone who had been paying attention. Sorry but the show as it is now is a disaster compared to what it could have been. And all to shorten a show from 30 minutes to 26 minutes. WHY? He ruined a beautiful show for the sake of 4 minutes shorter show. Makes no sense.
    I wouldn't go so far as to say World of Color is a disaster compared to what it could have been. Its a beautiful show, its been a huge success and definately holds its own against Fantasmic. With that said, I agree some of the transitions are choppy and I personally would also like to see them ironed out better.

• Dream in wonderful color!

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    I'm not sure I agree with that. I followed the progress of the show closely and even saw Steve Davison live at the D23 Expo presentation. Steve said the show would be 25 minutes long, so now it is actually longer than they originally planned.

The only major changes were the removal of the Alice scene, they swapped the Mermaid and Pocahontas scene, and added in A Friend Like Me. Everything else pretty much remains true to Steve Davison's original concept.
    Last edited by nonob88; 10-26-2010 at 11:36 AM.
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney