Page 41 of 663 FirstFirst ... 163138394041424344516691141541 ... LastLast

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker X

Quote Originally Posted by Incrediboy View Post
    If a bigger San Fransico area was to be added right next to the wharf, as rumored for Phase II, how would that work out? I don't see room.
    there would be no room for a bigger San Francisco area. WDI has looked into retheming the wharf so that it had a diferent look that might represent parts of San francisco but i relly doubt that would happen anytime soon if it does happen. That area will be pretty much locked in on two sides by Carsland and the other side by Paradise Pier and the tidel pools used for grizzley water

• LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)

Quote Originally Posted by TrevorD View Post
    -The Starspeeder stops quickly with two urgent destinations in distant view-
    [Rex] "Tell the computer which way to go! Hurry!!"
    [Computer Voice] "Which way would you like to go? Right, or left?"
    [Loudest Rider] "LEFT!!"
    [CV] "I'm sorry, I didn't catch that. Please try again. Right, or left?"
    [Loudest Rider] "LEFT!!!!!"
    [CV] "Thats not an option. Please try again. Right, or left?"
    [Loudest Rider] "Fine! Right"
    [CV] "You said 'right'. Is that right?"
    [Loudest Rider] "RIGHT!!"
    [Rex] "Sounds good. We'll head left"
    [Loudest Rider's sarcastic 16 year old son] "Now I know why they called it 'The journey continues'... -sigh-"
    The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Incrediboy View Post
    If a bigger San Fransico area was to be added right next to the wharf, as rumored for Phase II, how would that work out? I don't see room.
    I think the Wharf may disappear or be cut in half...which im ok with since the theme is good but just too dull 4 me.

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

Quote Originally Posted by ErikInTheCity View Post
    I see. So the pink domed building in the fly through will be literally right next to the entrance of the Tortilla Factory tour?! This is an odd juxtaposition of elements, and really lacks a transition from the Wharf to Radiator Springs. Ah, well. And we thought the transition from TOT to Bugsland was going to be short.
    In the artwork I have seen there is a small rockwork and tree barrier to visually separate the entrance street of Carsland from the First Aide/Wharf area.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

Wow, so much to digest over the last 5 or 6 days. There is so much to be encouraged about by the "What's Next" presentation. I am really excited about the Red Cars and BV Street. This will really set the table nicely and I am glad the the imagineers fought for and got the overhead "power" line.

Really the only thing that I am super disappointed about is Mater's Junk Yard attraction. I am disappointed that it will be the turntable system. Let's hope that the speed is decent so that the whip effect is good. I know that operational considerations often times dictate the technology choices and I have to imagine that factored in here.
    The Mur

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by themur View Post
    Really the only thing that I am super disappointed about is Mater's Junk Yard attraction. I am disappointed that it will be the turntable system. Let's hope that the speed is decent so that the whip effect is good. I know that operational considerations often times dictate the technology choices and I have to imagine that factored in here.

I don't mind it if the ride vehicle will actually look as good as the concept art shows. What they need to get rid of is the Bug's Land version.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Still lost in Neverland

OK I have been reading through all the posts about WOC and the Glow Fest. I don't know when I will be able to get down to the Resort to see WOC. I do have a question about Glow Fest though.

I am of an age that does not like this kind of music, loud noise and alcohol all over the place. I hate the thought of getting into the WOC viewing area and being surrounded by drunk off their gourds people, therefore ruining the experience of WOC because they are going to be drunk, noisy, rude and everything else that goes with people getting drunk at DCA.

I have had that experience at Disneyland when viewing Fantasmic from the old balcony before that area became a private apartment. We were on the balcony and a bunch of drunks came out from Club 33 and just ruined the entire experience for us.

Do we have to be imprisoned in Glow Fest for an hour or more before being herded over to Paradise Pier? I cannot think of anything more horrible than spending an hour with loud music and people yelling and screaming and being drunk. What does this have to do with WOC anyway. Color I guess is enough and they are making plenty of $$ by selling this alcohol at kiosks all up and down Hollywood Blvd.

If I have to stay in there before the show, and the audience for WOC turns out to be nothing but noisy drunks, then I will skip the whole thing. I don't know why people think they have to get drunk at a Disney Event in order to enjoy it. For those of us who don't drink it's really a downer.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    OK I have been reading through all the posts about WOC and the Glow Fest. I don't know when I will be able to get down to the Resort to see WOC. I do have a question about Glow Fest though.

I am of an age that does not like this kind of music, loud noise and alcohol all over the place. I hate the thought of getting into the WOC viewing area and being surrounded by drunk off their gourds people, therefore ruining the experience of WOC because they are going to be drunk, noisy, rude and everything else that goes with people getting drunk at DCA.

I have had that experience at Disneyland when viewing Fantasmic from the old balcony before that area became a private apartment. We were on the balcony and a bunch of drunks came out from Club 33 and just ruined the entire experience for us.

Do we have to be imprisoned in Glow Fest for an hour or more before being herded over to Paradise Pier? I cannot think of anything more horrible than spending an hour with loud music and people yelling and screaming and being drunk. What does this have to do with WOC anyway. Color I guess is enough and they are making plenty of $$ by selling this alcohol at kiosks all up and down Hollywood Blvd.

If I have to stay in there before the show, and the audience for WOC turns out to be nothing but noisy drunks, then I will skip the whole thing. I don't know why people think they have to get drunk at a Disney Event in order to enjoy it. For those of us who don't drink it's really a downer.
    Glow Fest is a separate event, held in hollywood pictures backlot. It's optional to go in there.

• Can Only Wish For More!

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    there would be no room for a bigger San Francisco area. WDI has looked into retheming the wharf so that it had a diferent look that might represent parts of San francisco but i relly doubt that would happen anytime soon if it does happen. That area will be pretty much locked in on two sides by Carsland and the other side by Paradise Pier and the tidel pools used for grizzley water
    Can anyone explain the tidal pools for me?! Why are they there and what are they needed for? :0)
    Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
    - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
    - me too!

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by WannaCub View Post
    Can anyone explain the tidal pools for me?! Why are they there and what are they needed for? :0)
    The tidal pools are where Grizzly River Run water is stored. When the ride shuts down the water is drained off to the tidal pools.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• MidwestInfoGuide Editor

Quote Originally Posted by WannaCub View Post
    Water storage when the ride is shut down for the night. That water has to go somewhere.
    SWOOSH™

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    The tidal pools are where Grizzly River Run water is stored. When the ride shuts down the water is drained off to the tidal pools.
    speaking of that, I think they should do some minor enhancements to that area. Really turn it into a tidal pool area! Add some starfish, and sea urchins along the rocks, maybe even add an period themed boat tied to a pole. Nothing major, but just some extra stuff to add to that area.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by MainStreetJake View Post
    speaking of that, I think they should do some minor enhancements to that area. Really turn it into a tidal pool area! Add some starfish, and sea urchins along the rocks, maybe even add an period themed boat tied to a pole. Nothing major, but just some extra stuff to add to that area.
    A blowhole would be cool too

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    A blowhole would be cool too
    oohhhh yea that would be cool! have it go off at random times, and possibly make it so it can get guests wet. (not soaked, but just misted on).

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by MainStreetJake View Post
    oohhhh yea that would be cool! have it go off at random times, and possibly make it so it can get guests wet. (not soaked, but just misted on).
    I can imagine them going off on the people waiting for the second WoC show. LOL that'll be a sample of how wet they are going to be for their show.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74