Page 497 of 663 FirstFirst ... 397447472487494495496497498499500507522547597 ... LastLast
Results 7,441 to 7,455 of 9945

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker X

DCA Project Tracker => US/Canada Holiday Discussion Forum

From DisneyGeek, this looks to be the awning over the exit path from TLM. Getting there!

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by simba View Post
    Pfft... that's just because Canada is closed November through March. We can spread out our holidays.
    Good one? lol

• film975

Quote Originally Posted by Hank McCoy View Post
    Yes Lincoln made it an official national holiday, but Washington issued the first proclamation of a day of thanks to be held on a November Thursday.
    Thanks for that.

• Future Disney Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    DCA Project Tracker => US/Canada Holiday Discussion Forum

From DisneyGeek, this looks to be the awning over the exit path from TLM. Getting there!

Is it just me, or does the Palace of Fine Arts replica continue to get smaller and smaller?

• Addicted to Disney

Magic Eye
    Mint update is up.

• Addicted to Disney

• Addicted to Disney

^Some more photos of the arches for TLM. All credit for these photos goes to Mint Crocodile.

• Addicted to MC since '08

I can't wait for all the BVS construction to start picking up towards the end of January!

• Minion

When looking at Mint's update, it really shows how big the Disney Channel Rocks set piece is. Does anyone have any idea how it will be moved before World of Color??

• Banned User

I posted this in the Disney Channel Rocks thread but here are my thoughts on the show which I saw twice in person today:

So I just saw the show twice today and I have very mixed emotions about the show.

To say I hate the show would be hypocritical of me. There is no doubt, the show is an honest to good effort. The stage was really big. There is lighting equipment on either side of the small mini stages. There is a healthy number of performers. It really is impressive. The use of the fountains is well done, and the show's values are really good. For the first time in a very, very long while, I congratulate Disney on great execution. It's really hard to bash the show for its set-up. The show is fantastic at doing what it does (the very opposite of C!RAP).

Saying that, this is money really spent in the wrong direction. The theme of the show kills any sense of atmosphere that area of Paradise Pier once had. My biggest issue was that the park plays Radio Disney in the very short 35 minutes between each show. So guests walking by can listen to the loud obnoxious ringing of Miley Cyrus singing "Jingle Bell Rock". The park really had no business doing that in between. The obvious issue with the show is the concept. I really just don't like the music, the costuming, and the overall concept. It really is a huge step back in theming.

Some other nit-picky notes are that only the far left platform is used, but the middle platform was also visible (this is probably unrelated to the show). The bigger problem was was that the left platform didn't submerge between shows, an eyesore most certainly.

Some random things I liked was how wide angled the show was with performers on the stage, just below the stage, and on either side of the water play ground. I also liked the rising platforms. And I liked the timing of the fountains (only the ending and opening).

So the show is a step in the right direction in some categories. The execution is great but the concept needs a lot of work. I am very impressed at how versatile of a entertainment location Paradise Parks serves for shows. I can totally picture some seriously awesome entertainment offerings coming later on. I have pics and videos on their way but might not be up for a while as I am going back for WoC tonight. At the same time, the park needs to re-assess how they are approaching Paradise Pier. Seriously Disney, finish your dinner. Fix the shop facades, and drop these modern shows.

• film975

Like I said, TLM is gonna be a gorgeous building… especially at night. I'm glad the Palace of Fine Arts rotunda is staying there… because I used to work at Golden Dreams as a summer cast member there. But Disney always leaves a piece of the past behind when a new attraction opens in its place.

• AKA: Indyiluvu

I just realized that with GSS closed, construction walls go all the way around the pier. They now go from the malliboomer all the way to the little mermaid. I can't wait for all the walls to come down next year. It is going to look so much better than it did when the park opened. It allready does now if you think about it.

NO MORE:
    ugly orange, ugly dinosaur, ugly boat, ugly Mallibomer, ugly empty "amphitheater"
    fun wheel is a wash. I like both the old sun, but also like mickey.

Now only if only more walls go up around the shops next year will the pier be "complete"

Realistically, I would like them to fix the lines for screamin and the fun wheel, and have something built to block the convention center, and retheme paradise pier hotel, and retheme ariel's grotto and take off the "ice cream cones", but I think the shops need to be attended to first, since it is a huge eyesore and could be fixed easily.

But I still think that the pier already is looking much much better.
    FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

• MC Blogger

Blog Entries

It is looking better at the Pier- much better!
    Mark

Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 000 Posts!
    www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    When looking at Mint's update, it really shows how big the Disney Channel Rocks set piece is. Does anyone have any idea how it will be moved before World of Color??
    It breaks into a couple of pieces folds up and is rolled off stage with some electric carts before the WoC show.

^ dang that seems like a lot of trouble to go through every day, too bad that ugly thing is up all during the day *sigh* well we had a pristine paradise park for a short while