Page 500 of 663 FirstFirst ... 400450475490497498499500501502503510525550600 ... LastLast
Results 7,486 to 7,500 of 9945

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker X

Quote Originally Posted by Reeder View Post
    Any idea when the actual ride vehicles (sea shells) will show up?
    I imagine they will be the last elements to go in before test and adjust. The outside progress has slowed down but I am sure there are an army of workers inside.
    The Mur

• Nope! No grown-ups here!

Quote Originally Posted by insider67 View Post
    The outside looks like its a long ways off but you should see the inside, they are a lot further along than you think as far as the ride system and the scene construction goes.
    That's good news to me. Thanks for the info i67!
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Quote Originally Posted by BiggestDisneyFan View Post
    Does anybody else have doubts about TLM actually being complete and running by next June? Mind you I'm no construction expert, but based on how much work that appears to still need doing, I'm wondering if it can all get done in six or seven months. From all the openings in the outer walls, it looks like the interior is still primarily structure, duct work and plumbing. I really hope it opens on time.
    I think its finally coming along at a decent pace and and should meet its opening without a problem. Actually the exterior progress is really picking up to were I almost wonder if it will be mostly in tact come January.

Comparatively, isn't Universals Transformers ride also opening next summer and still just an empty pit around a few left over walls?
    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider View Post
    I think its finally coming along at a decent pace and and should meet its opening without a problem. Actually the exterior progress is really picking up to were I almost wonder if it will be mostly in tact come January.

Comparatively, isn't Universals Transformers ride also opening next summer and still just an empty pit around a few left over walls?
    No I dont think Transformers opens until 2012 at USH. But the ride is suppose to open in Singapore next year first so thats maybe where the confusion is coming from.

As for TLM, I doubt it will have any problems opening on time.

• Can Only Wish For More!

It's supposed to open Summer 2012.
    Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
    - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
    - me too!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by WannaCub View Post
    It's supposed to open Summer 2012.
    Spring 2012

fair enough maybe I did confuse it with Singapore, only see it every so often in the park updates.

Anywho Mermaid I suppose is hard to scale when the last few darkrides we saw built were all placed in pre-existing buildings.

Kinda nice to see something fresh go up for once (darkride wise).

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

According to Al, the DCA entrance tiles are being ground up and included in the flooring over at the DLH. Guess the lead wasn't an issue.

• AKA: Indyiluvu

I think the bigger news is that they will be saving the California letters! Now let the discussion start to where we think they should be re-located to. Wonder if they will be placed in DCA somewhere, or somewhere in DTD or the hotels.

Editor's Note 11/29: Are you already missing DCA's big tile entrance murals? They won't be gone too long, as the tiles are all being carefully saved for later use. The plan is to grind them up to be used in terazzo flooring over at the remodeled Disneyland Hotel by 2012. The California letters out front have about a month left before they go, but they'll also be saved for a second life in another Anaheim location yet to be determined. - Al Lutz
    FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

• film975

I would rather not see the California Adventure letters in another location in the resort. Just get rid of them already. Or put them up for action or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeder View Post
    Any idea when the actual ride vehicles (sea shells) will show up?
    There was a chassis and a orange shell already on property a couple months ago..though the rest are probably in storage until they are ready for them. They were in the overhaul building on the Disney side for a bit.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by film975 View Post
    I would rather not see the California Adventure letters in another location in the resort. Just get rid of them already. Or put them up for action or something like that.
    Al said in another 'anaheim location', I dont think he means on Disney property.

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana Joe View Post
    I think the bigger news is that they will be saving the California letters! Now let the discussion start to where we think they should be re-located to. Wonder if they will be placed in DCA somewhere, or somewhere in DTD or the hotels.
    Sounds cool, if they put the letters in the right place it could turn out awesome. Wonder what location they'd look best in though.

Quote Originally Posted by Imag1neer View Post
    Al said in another 'anaheim location', I dont think he means on Disney property.

I'm thinking near the Tijuana border on the US side.

• Disney Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana Joe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Imag1neer View Post
    Sounds cool, if they put the letters in the right place it could turn out awesome. Wonder what location they'd look best in though.
    Al said in his last monthly update that they were going to take out the harbor entrance driveway and replace it with landscaping. They could put it there or at the entrance to mickey and friends or along the freeway leading to disneyland.

From 11/9 update
    http://miceage.micechat.com/allutz/al110910a.htm
    Park fans may want to take in the sight of that gaudy purple marquee out on Harbor Blvd. soon. While it certainly doesn’t have the charm and mod cachet that the original versions of the Disneyland sign had back in the 20th century, it’s the last vestige of the original layout of the park when thousands of arriving cars streamed off the Santa Ana Freeway every morning and drove directly into the Disneyland parking lot off of Harbor Blvd. With the DCA expansion taking out the last of the surface parking back in ’09, that marquee no longer serves a purpose and only confuses tourists who think that still must be the park entrance.

Now that they’ve plopped a hulking electronic traffic sign out there surrounded by a sea of orange cones and tacky signs and staffed it with glum parking attendants in ugly safety vests waving off confused tourists, it certainly drains the intersection of any glamour or sense of place that it was once supposed to have. That marquee will be torn down after the holidays and replaced with non-descript landscaping, and the last gasp of Disneyland’s traditional automotive welcome on Harbor Blvd. will come to a whimpering end.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
    -Aristotle

Next Trip in 2012 to see the final product