Page 502 of 663 FirstFirst ... 2402452477492499500501502503504505512527552602 ... LastLast
Results 7,516 to 7,530 of 9945

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker X

When the Red car trolley is finally opened I wonder what the Operating hours will be, what timeframe will it have to close before a parade starts, will they stop at dusk? ( it would probably look great at night) Will it have more than two trolleys , How many official stops will it have. I hope it doesnt lead to the same fate as the Toontown trolley

• Forgotten Spirit

Quote Originally Posted by lighttragic View Post
    When the Red car trolley is finally opened I wonder what the Operating hours will be, what timeframe will it have to close before a parade starts, will they stop at dusk? ( it would probably look great at night) Will it have more than two trolleys , How many official stops will it have. I hope it doesnt lead to the same fate as the Toontown trolley
    I dont think it will have the same fate, this is one of the main focal points for the whole park
    Last edited by MrHatboxGhost; 11-30-2010 at 06:51 AM. Reason: oh god, massive spelling fail

• Decor Extraordinare

I hope it doesnt lead to the same fate as the Toontown trolley
    How exactly did the Jolly Trolly come to such a halt?

And I have to agree with MrHBG on this one...
    [the trolly] is one of the main focal points for the whole park
    "I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."
    --------------------------------------------------

• Light up the HALO!

Toontown is such a small area and parents let there children run wild back there so it was a hazard for the small children to keep the trolly running. Last year, it closed at TDL too.
    As we say to the animals, that's the end of the lion.

RACE THROUGH THE UNIVERSE, CAREEN THROUGH THE STARS.

Space Mountain

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Quote Originally Posted by MrHatboxGhost View Post
    I dont think it will have the same fate, this is one of the mail focal points for the whole part
    Yes it is, and I am concerned about its capacity and functionality . Toontown trolleys fate was the area was way to crowded and often times the trolley had a hard time getting from one side to the other.. Will the red car have that same issue.. I know on Main street on crowded days they usually dont run at all or have a CM guiding people to move. and regarding the red car's trolleys capacity does anyone know what its Theoretical hourly capacity will be, how many trolleys will it have? If it is a main focal point of the park , Disney needs to make sure it can handle the crowds both in capacity and functionality

i really do not see capacity as an issue for the trolley. The trolley might see some crowds when it first opens but eventually it will just be one of those vehicles that are necessary to keep the ambienece of the area alive and will always have people riding them but i doubt people would wait long to ride it the small distance

• Established 2005

Quote Originally Posted by junglecskipper View Post
    Last year, it closed at TDL too.
    One Disney.

I'm sure there will only be two trolleys. I don't see them putting more than that on the circuit, you can't really.
    Like others have said there will probably be a crowd in the first few months but as time goes on there won't be major lines for the trolleys. They will just be like anything else on Main Street at Disneyland. All in all they will be a great addition to the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Abercrombie140 View Post
    I'm sure there will only be two trolleys. I don't see them putting more than that on the circuit, you can't really.
    Like others have said there will probably be a crowd in the first few months but as time goes on there won't be major lines for the trolleys. They will just be like anything else on Main Street at Disneyland. All in all they will be a great addition to the park.
    They could keep a spare or two around in case one breaks down but that seems unlikely when its just for theming.

I think lines will taper down pretty quick, a few AP people might wait around for them but I think with Carsland opening we're just going to have alot of people photoing and staring at the new entrance in general before sprinting into the far back part of the park.
    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

• With The Brain Of A Bird

As far as when the Red Cars will run - that's a good question. Disneyland's Main Street has to deal with not only parades but crowds gathering for fireworks. DCA wont have fireworks (to my knowledge) and since the Red Car doesn't require being hooked up to horses it seems easy enough for them to be rolled into their barns before a parade and then rolled out again after the parade passes. I agree that it would be fun to ride them at night with all of the BVS and Hollywoodland atmosphere lighting all around.
    "Anything's possible at Disneyland." - Walt Disney, 1965

• Banned User

There will be 2 trollies on the track at a time, thats why there is a 'switch track' down hollywood boulevard.

• Former Epcot CM

Quote Originally Posted by Imag1neer View Post
    The problem with the letters is that they are OUTSIDE of the park, I prefer these parks to have clean clear-cut entrys. At Disneyland you dont experience the themes until you go through the turnstiles, at DCA you got some of the theme outside the gates, then you get the rest while past the turnstiles, it just came off as sloppy to me.
    How is it any different from seeing Main Street Train Station? It's all about building a theme and excitement. Yes the turnstiles are before the station but it's still the first thing you see.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    How is it any different from seeing Main Street Train Station? It's all about building a theme and excitement. Yes the turnstiles are before the station but it's still the first thing you see.
    Yes the station is AFTER the turnstiles, that was my point. You dont experience any of the theme until you go through the turnstiles, I believe that works better. Having some of the theme outside the gates and some inside the gates, I feel it makes it look sloppy. There should be a clean-cut divide between the park and the esplanade.

The big cement letters look like something Six Flags would build. In fact it looks similar to the big GOLIATH letters at Magic Mountain. For a Disney theme park these letters look cheap and uninviting.

• Still lost in Neverland

I don't think the Red Cars will be totally removed from their route for a Parade. One could be parked at the Main Entrance Station as the Parades don't go down there and the other I guess would have to be parked backstage as the end of it's run is right were the Parade Gate (Right side of TOT0 is unless the Gate for getting the Trolleys backstage is the one on the other side (Left Side of TOT), then it could be parked just outside that gate as the Parade goes by it but not through it.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Actually, the parade will start on the left side of tower. So the Red Car Trolleys could park at each end of the line and be out of the way of the parade and resume operating as soon as the parade is all passed.