Page 546 of 663 FirstFirst ... 46446496521536543544545546547548549556571596646 ... LastLast
Results 8,176 to 8,190 of 9945

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker X

Little off topic note.

I was wondering how I would go about posting my pictures of my visits to the park. I go just about every week and thought it would be nice if I can share some photos of constructuction going on at the parks.

Thanks.

• Future Disney Imagineer

I would be excited to see a huge flat wall on Katella Ave., especially if it isn't even painted. The less you recognize from beyond the berm, the better. It causes suspense and curiosity for newcomers. The problem with the EE building was that you can clearly tell what it is supposed to be from the parking lot, and that it shouldn't look like it does.
    I have no problem with a flat wall on the outside, as long as they do a good job on the flat wall inside the park.

DoDisney parks really need themed outside walls to entice potential customers? If someone is driving around the Disneyland resort either they are already going to the parks or live in the area.

Disney does not need to worry about what the outside of buildings should look like from outside the parks and should just make sure they are not an eyesore for the city.

Having one or two landmarks like the Matterhorn or ToT work like beakens to the park and build up the excitement but once you are there there is no need to sell the parks from the outside.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    This rumor that Duffys days are numbered are completely false. He is here to stay. And it wouldn't make sense when hes pulling in enough numbers to stay. I see more people buy Duffy than other types of merchandise that I feel should be pulled off because it never sells.

But I do agree Disney is doing a horrible job on marketing him. I posted in another thread that it would be a great idea to use him after all te renovations to promote the new direction of the park! He could be like a mascot to DCA an they could release costumes of all the new additions.
    Picked my Duffy up today. I like your idea and wish there could have been a band leader costume for him

In my experience, 99.9% of people arriving at DLR, riding the trams and walking to the main gates, are NOT pointing at backstage buildings, wondering what is inside them, much less even looking at them. They are focused on their kids, getting to the ticket booths, getting a photo in front of an onstage scene or being and complaining about being tired.

The other .1% are MiceChatters.

Wha was the point of bringing Duffy to the DLR. It's proven that the people here don't care about Duffy, and neither do I. It should stay unique to TDS, where it belongs and actually has a good backstory.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Incrediboy View Post
    Wha was the point of bringing Duffy to the DLR. It's proven that the people here don't care about Duffy, and neither do I. It should stay unique to TDS, where it belongs and actually has a good backstory.
    Duffy had lots of potential. He is very cute an sells well. His lines may not be meeting expectations but that's marketings fault because they introduced him so poorly.

• Banned User

I agree, I love Duffy! hes really adorable

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    In my experience, 99.9% of people arriving at DLR, riding the trams and walking to the main gates, are NOT pointing at backstage buildings, wondering what is inside them, much less even looking at them. They are focused on their kids, getting to the ticket booths, getting a photo in front of an onstage scene or being and complaining about being tired.

The other .1% are MiceChatters.
    I had to laugh at your last note. I loved hearing people say they were tired on the walk out of the park. Why? Because with all the giddy of a 4th grade schoolgirl I look forward to each time I drive up to the park. When my friend and I did Disneyland we did 6 hours of sleep and 16 hours in the park. A dream trip to be sure regardless of exhaustion.

(And yes, we were still running on day 5)

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    that building is going to look spectacular in that area that is why i can't wait to see what will be next to be built in Paradise Pier in the future. That area left on that north side could use another majestic building as well as the area where the shops are. If its true that the shops will not be done and will stay as is while a new atraction is developed for that area it will be interesting to see what they do there.There is plenty of room in front of them to build a structure like the midway building but i am hoping that whatever it is has a bit more height to it.
    I hope one of the new midway shops will have a second sory, a at least look from the outside like it has a second story, with a large arched glass window above the entrance. I'm awaitinga Paradise Pier building wih some architecure reminiscent of the Wave House in Belmont Park.

• Pilot EdForceOne

The problem with the EE building was that you can clearly tell what it is supposed to be from the parking lot, and that it shouldn't look like it does.
    Know what part of that is true? The fact it's not 29,000ft tall.

The angle you can see from all but the remote corner of the parking lot the mountain is fine and themed. The view that you can see the 'backside' of the mountain isn't around DAK at all - it's from Blizzard Beach's slides because they are so tall.

The EE mountain thing is sooo overplayed and just not really applicable.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Quote Originally Posted by theeighthpassenger View Post
    The back of Everest in WDW looks TERRIBLE outside the park. Its just flat and painted brown. It really ruins the illusion.

Maybe it was at one time but this photo was taken backstage and the theming looks pretty good to me.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

It used to be grey.

• I'm not really here

The problem isn't bringing him to the DLR... the problem was bringing him without bringing his story first. No one would have cared for Mickey Mouse had they just plopped him down in the parks without his having a history and a story first that people cared about. To expect people to spontaneously love a character that they have never heard of is ridiculous.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Dream in wonderful color!

Dateline Disneyland has a new update -

http://micechat.com/forums/blogs/dat...tion-more.html

The building with the circular roof is Flo's right?

Looks like they are adding more scaffolding to the Mermaid building

This looks new, it appears to be the frame that will become a new decorative window of some sort.. right above the entrance

Also seen here in the concept art -

- Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney