Page 547 of 663 FirstFirst ... 47447497522537544545546547548549550557572597647 ... LastLast
Results 8,191 to 8,205 of 9945

• Lion

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker X

Quote Originally Posted by nonob88 View Post
    Dateline Disneyland has a new update -

The building with the circular roof is Flo's right?
    Yup. It's the radiator air cooler of Flo's. The larger building in the foreground next to the circular building is the rest of the seating area, food prep, and restrooms for Flo's.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    It used to be grey.
    No - it was always that color - just devoid of the painting that makes it look like cliff side buildings. They added that later. And that photo posted is taken from a backstage service road - and isn't representative at all of what guests see.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Slightly off topic but I hope Duffy is here to stay. The teddy bear itself as a product is very nice. Hopefully marketing wises up, expands his presence to Disneyland, and pairs his meet and greets with Mickey. Have Duffy follow Mickey everywhere and knowledge of his existence will grow.

Rockwork painting looks like a richer color and Flo's radiator roof looks great.
    *A Republic... If you can keep it*

• Disneyman

I haven't been to DLR in about 3 years, so maybe this has already been brought up, but it's something I read on another forum:

"I noticed the other night that the park's closing spiel has changed. It features overall the same wording, however there is now a female announcer and the part about VoluntEARing in your community has been removed. It also now says 'Disney California Adventure' instead of 'Disney's California Adventure.' It's something subtle, but it's changed within the past week..."
    "It's fun to do the impossible." ~Walt Disney

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Quote Originally Posted by Reeder View Post
    I haven't been to DLR in about 3 years, so maybe this has already been brought up, but it's something I read on another forum:

"I noticed the other night that the park's closing spiel has changed. It features overall the same wording, however there is now a female announcer and the part about VoluntEARing in your community has been removed. It also now says 'Disney California Adventure' instead of 'Disney's California Adventure.' It's something subtle, but it's changed within the past week..."
    I havent been to the parks since last month but I remember the old voluntEaring reference perhaps they changed it because that promotion is over and they are moving on with the Memories campaign. and Yes slowly but surely we will see and hear more and more of Disney California Adventure , I really am not digging the new name nor this need by corporate to make everything Disney as opposed to Walt Disney.

Quote Originally Posted by Incrediboy View Post
    I hope one of the new midway shops will have a second sory, a at least look from the outside like it has a second story, with a large arched glass window above the entrance. I'm awaitinga Paradise Pier building wih some architecure reminiscent of the Wave House in Belmont Park.
    I would love to see something like that in Paradise Pier. Any new buildings that got redone or built in my opinion need to start having some architecture changes so that the whole pier does not look the same. So far the differences between Midway Mania, Mermaid and Silly symphony have been great now lets hope they go ahead with the Arabian style for the Princess Palace.

I think the land would look great once its all done if all the structures had elements that tied them together but at the same time had the eclectic look that places like Belmont park or Coney Island had

• Future Disney Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Know what part of that is true? The fact it's not 29,000ft tall.

The angle you can see from all but the remote corner of the parking lot the mountain is fine and themed. The view that you can see the 'backside' of the mountain isn't around DAK at all - it's from Blizzard Beach's slides because they are so tall.

The EE mountain thing is sooo overplayed and just not really applicable.
    Oh thank you for telling me that. It doesnt matter all the way from Blizzard beach.
    Quote Originally Posted by Truecoat View Post

Maybe it was at one time but this photo was taken backstage and the theming looks pretty good to me.

I stand corrected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I would love to see something like that in Paradise Pier. Any new buildings that got redone or built in my opinion need to start having some architecture changes so that the whole pier does not look the same. So far the differences between Midway Mania, Mermaid and Silly symphony have been great now lets hope they go ahead with the Arabian style for the Princess Palace.

I think the land would look great once its all done if all the structures had elements that tied them together but at the same time had the eclectic look that places like Belmont park or Coney Island had
    The building I was actually describing was in this concept art of Paradise Pier:

The orang-ish building next to the Games of the Boardwalk. Along with that and the towers next to the MFW queue, Paradise Pier could look amazing.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

New from the OC Register's Around Disney blog:

Big changes coming to Disney California Adventure

Disney California Adventure plans to temporarily close corridors, shut down venues and stop its parade as crews work on a major, $1 billion overhaul of the theme park.

Disney next year will start finishing major projects of the five-year, park makeover, which is set to be completed in 2012. New jobs are set to begin in early January, said John McClintock, a Disneyland Resort spokesman. Click on the photo to see a slideshow of before, during and after artwork of Disney California Adventure, as well as other planned changes.

The biggest project will come in the entrance area of the park, which will transform into Buena Vista Street — an area meant to look like Southern California when Walt Disney began his career here. The park’s entrance will move temporarily at the end of summer.

Pixar Play Parade is set to go on hiatus for most of the year as crews repave and close major corridors. Check the blog tomorrow for a story on entertainment changes in 2011.

Most attractions will remain open during construction, McClintock said.

Here is a schedule of construction projects, which is subject to change:

Jan. 4:
    • Letter statues: Construction walls will start going up around the “California” letters statues in front of the park’s turnstiles. Crews plan to remove the statues.
    • Sunshine Plaza: Inside the park, the walls will come out farther around the Sunshine Plaza, where a sunburst statue and fountain used to sit. The corridors will become narrower. Read a previous story about the Disney Sunshine Plaza.

June 1:
    • Corridor closed: The major corridor between Sunshine Plaza and the Grizzly River Run mountain, which veers right after the park entrance, will be closed. Visitors instead can get to “a bug’s land” and Pacific Wharf by going through the Hollywood Pictures Backlot and through “a bug’s land” back entrance by the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror ride.

July 31:
    • Shops and restaurants closed: Restaurants and a shop on the right side inside the entrance will be closed, as walls go up for more Buena Vista Street construction. The closures will be at: Baker’s Field Bakery, Bur-r-r Bank Ice Cream and Engine-Ears Toys.

Aug. 29:
    • Entrance changes: Visitors will go through new turnstiles at the entrance. But they will be funneled right into a pathway behind the Soarin’ Over California ride to the Condor Flats area where they will enter the park. Most of the Sunshine Plaza area will be blocked, including the Greetings from California store. The entrance change is slated to stay until summer 2012.

While construction is underway at the entrance, new venues are set to open in the spring in the Paradise Pier area: The Little Mermaid – Ariel’s Undersea Adventure, Goofy’s Sky School and a dining-shopping complex. Opening dates have yet to be announced. [ FULL STORY ]

A couple edited Tracker entries as per the new information:

Baker's Field Bakery, Bur-r-r Bank Bakery, and Engine-Ears Toys closing
    Details: The shops and restaurants on Sunshine Plaza's west side will close to be reworked and renamed to fit the new Buena Vista Street theme.
    Project Status: Shops and dining close July 31, 2011
    Open Date: By spring/summer 2012

Temporary Park Entrance
    Details: The on-again-off-again temporary park entrance at the utility entrance between Soarin' Over California and the Grand Californian Hotel is back on, according to the OC Register's Around Disney blog. Previously expected to be the main entry point for the park while the entire main entrance was closed for construction, the corridor will now serve as a mere detour as guests enter through the park's current main entrance and then take a backstage route that empties between Soarin' and the Grand Californian.
    Project Status: Temporary entrance rerouting begins August 29, 2011.
    Open Date: August 29, 2011.
    Last edited by MasterGracey; 12-20-2010 at 04:40 PM.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    Entrance changes: Visitors will go through new turnstiles at the entrance. But they will be funneled right into a pathway behind the Soarin’ Over California ride to the Condor Flats area where they will enter the park. Most of the Sunshine Plaza area will be blocked, including the Greetings from California store. The entrance change is slated to stay until summer 2012.
    Guess they finally worked the logistics of this one out. Use the backstage area and still keep a single entry point. Wonder if they'll use multiple exit points to keep things flowing.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Minion

I am very glad that they won't open half of BVS before the other. I would like to enjoy the entire area when it opens at once and not part of it at a time.

• Future Disney Imagineer

So by the middle of next year, Sunshine Plaza/BVS will be inaccessible? So after veering to the left and entering the park next to Soarin, how would one get to Hollywood Pictures Backlot and the rest of that side of the park? Will we have to walk all the way around Grizzly Peak and walk through A Bug's Land to get to HPB?

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

So by the middle of next year, Sunshine Plaza/BVS will be inaccessible? So after veering to the left and entering the park next to Soarin, how would one get to Hollywood Pictures Backlot and the rest of that side of the park? Will we have to walk all the way around Grizzly Peak and walk through A Bug's Land to get to HPB?
    Thats the way it sounds basically on June 1st the only way to paradise pier seems to be by going through HPB and then Bugs life to pacific wharf to paradise pier , the alternative is by going through condor flats but it also sounds like on August 29th it shifts and if you want to get to Hollywood the only way you can do that is by going all the way around the park and entering through pacific wharf and bugsland....
    Overall I am excited this seems to the biggest operational challenge for disney.. .And you thought the walls were bad for Woc and little mermaid ... This will be daunting but worth it. Thanks for posting this, let the tracking and progress on the thread continue

• Minion

Yes, I believe you are correct.

• Armchair Imagineer-er.

Like Futureimagineer183 had said, it would be great to have Duffy be a little "adventure bear" mascot for DCA.
    @Monorailorange

• Closed Account

We're still talking about the bear?