Page 548 of 663 FirstFirst ... 48448498523538545546547548549550551558573598648 ... LastLast
Results 8,206 to 8,220 of 9945

• is too darn hot.

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker X

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    New from the OC Register's Around Disney blog:
    Aug. 29:
    • Entrance changes: Visitors will go through new turnstiles at the entrance. But they will be funneled right into a pathway behind the Soarin’ Over California ride to the Condor Flats area where they will enter the park. Most of the Sunshine Plaza area will be blocked, including the Greetings from California store. The entrance change is slated to stay until summer 2012.

A couple edited Tracker entries as per the new information:

Temporary Park Entrance
    Details: The on-again-off-again temporary park entrance at the utility entrance between Soarin' Over California and the Grand Californian Hotel is back on, according to the OC Register's Around Disney blog. Previously expected to be the main entry point for the park while the entire main entrance was closed for construction, the corridor will now serve as a mere detour as guests enter through the park's current main entrance and then take a backstage route that empties between Soarin' and the Grand Californian.
    Project Status: Temporary entrance rerouting begins August 29, 2011.
    Open Date: August 29, 2011.
    The way I read that is that they're going to build the new turnstiles, then route the guests from new turnstiles back behind Soarin', not use the current turnstiles.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Dateline Disneyland has a picture of GSS and it looks like there are new trees planted near the queue/entrance.

• Future Disney Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    The way I read that is that they're going to build the new turnstiles, then route the guests from new turnstiles back behind Soarin', not use the current turnstiles.
    Ooh we get to see the pretty new entrance turnstyles and planters by August 29th

Oh and WOOHOO! for the new trees in front of GSS.

They're gonna leave that steel queue in place and just paint over it aren't they?
    *A Republic... If you can keep it*

• AKA: Indyiluvu

Quote Originally Posted by Incrediboy View Post
    So by the middle of next year, Sunshine Plaza/BVS will be inaccessible? So after veering to the left and entering the park next to Soarin, how would one get to Hollywood Pictures Backlot and the rest of that side of the park? Will we have to walk all the way around Grizzly Peak and walk through A Bug's Land to get to HPB?
    The way I read the article, they will close the path between the entrance and bugsland to build El Camino Real and/or part of carthay circle theater on June 1st. That way, maybe by August 29, they may be able to re-open that path so there would be no need to take the long way around the mountain past GRR. Also there may be a construction wall corridor through the main entrance to hollywoodland, like they had when little mermaid, POM, and paradise park were being built. The article did not say the whole entrance would be closed I quote "Most of the Sunshine Plaza area will be blocked, including the Greetings from California store." So maybe a corridor where the walls are now and the wall on the other side going from the train all the way to HPB, blocking the front entrance/bridge area?
    FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by WarningSLO View Post
    They're gonna leave that steel queue in place and just paint over it aren't they?
    What else would you expect for a project that should never have happened?

Quote Originally Posted by WarningSLO View Post
    wait, which steel?

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by cbconglom View Post
    wait, which steel?
    I believe "WarningSLO" is referring to the bright yellow metal/steel which forms the attraction's queue.

• TDS and TDL FUN times

Quote Originally Posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
    I believe "WarningSLO" is referring to the bright yellow metal/steel which forms the attraction's queue.
    Its early, the project hasnt really had much done to it other than removal of whatever theme MM had , I would imagine at the very least a new paint job and some thematic elements that help set the mood for Goofys Sky School

But I also agree that this project should have never happened but hey its a supposed placeholder so on the brightside 10 years from now we may have something in its place

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by lighttragic View Post
    But I also agree that this project should have never happened
    It's a lose/lose for Disney... rip it out and leave the pad there till they have something to put on it and a budget... we complain that they aren't doing anything with it.

Don't rip it out and just leave it as it was... we complain about thematic violations and how horrible MM looks in the Victorian PP area.

Don't rip it out but retheme it... we complain about them retheming it despite it probably going away in the fairly near future, what a waste of money we cry.

Disney just can't win on this one can they?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    This is exactly the way i understood it as well. The new turnstyles location will allow them enough room to funnel guests west towards the large backstage area between Soarin and the back of the restrooms into condor flats. Since the mural was removed along with the planter there is a big opening into the park near the old gates.

Its an interesting way of maintaining the gates in the same location within the security check area and still use backstage access points to funnel guests in an dout of the park.

They are sure going to need quite a bit more themed construction walls to create a somewhat nice looking corridor for the backstage area
    Last edited by Baloo; 12-21-2010 at 12:18 AM.

• TDS and TDL FUN times

Double Post
    Last edited by lighttragic; 12-21-2010 at 12:49 AM.

• TDS and TDL FUN times

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    It's a lose/lose for Disney... rip it out and leave the pad there till they have something to put on it and a budget... we complain that they aren't doing anything with it.

Don't rip it out and just leave it as it was... we complain about thematic violations and how horrible MM looks in the Victorian PP area.

Don't rip it out but retheme it... we complain about them retheming it despite it probably going away in the fairly near future, what a waste of money we cry.

While I did say its a project that should of never been approved and many would of rather seen a new attraction in its place, I think most understand the expansion needs to be done in phases.
    I do agree they cant win but I think if its a placeholder its fine but it has to be a placeholder If its around 5-10yrs and nothing has replaced or announced for Goofy Sky School then the complaints are fully justified just look at whats going on over at disneyworld and mickeys toontown fair , the circus tents are now rumored to be re purposed for a dumbo themed area. after nearly two decades of cheesy tents WDW fans thought they were through with it only to be rumored to be kept indefinitely .. I just hope Goofys Sky School isnt around 10yrs from now and we can have a actual fully realized attraction worthy of a disneys name in its spot

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post

(bold mine)

Thats my line!

• LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)

lol
    The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter