Page 551 of 663 FirstFirst ... 51451501526541548549550551552553554561576601651 ... LastLast
Results 8,251 to 8,265 of 9945

• Still lost in Neverland

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker X

Tron did not make anywhere near what they were hoping. I think they are using this "indefinitely" slogan so that if the movie does not pick up over the next few weekends, they can pull this awful show and put in something with more color, danceable music and more fun stuff rather than the dark, cheerless place that ElecTRONica is. I have been to it twice and hated it both times. I love Tron but this is not a good show at all. Glow Fest was more fun, the music was very danceable and the people were having fun. I see no one having Fun at ElecTRONica. Glow Fest had happy smiling CM's who were enjoying watching the kids dance and sometimes joining in with the fun. ElecTRONica the CM's are just standing around like sad statues. I went to Glow Fest many times over the summer. I have no desire to see ElecTRONica again. They can't get it out of DCA fast enough for me.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Yeah.....

Reverse absolutely everything you just typed, and I'll agree with you.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    Tron did not make anywhere near what they were hoping. I think they are using this "indefinitely" slogan so that if the movie does not pick up over the next few weekends, they can pull this awful show and put in something with more color, danceable music and more fun stuff rather than the dark, cheerless place that ElecTRONica is. I have been to it twice and hated it both times. I love Tron but this is not a good show at all. Glow Fest was more fun, the music was very danceable and the people were having fun. I see no one having Fun at ElecTRONica. Glow Fest had happy smiling CM's who were enjoying watching the kids dance and sometimes joining in with the fun. ElecTRONica the CM's are just standing around like sad statues. I went to Glow Fest many times over the summer. I have no desire to see ElecTRONica again. They can't get it out of DCA fast enough for me.
    I agree, ElecTRONica just stinks of a marketting gimick, while Glowfest had a more genuine fun vibe to it, no strings attached, they werent trying to sell you anything, just a good time. ElecTRONica is clearly there so you go see Tron Legacy.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana Joe View Post
    Disney park puts Pixar parade on hiatus | disney, parade, set - News - The Orange County Register

YES!!! I LOVE elecTRONica!! I've had so much fun there, this is good news to me.
    I dont mean to burst your bubble, but saying 'indefinately' doesnt necessarily mean it will stick around LONGER. It could leave earlier. The movie made 43 million on its opening weekend, it certainly didnt pull "pirates"-type numbers, so perhaps Disney is rethinking TRONica? and perhaps they want it out of there SOONER than April since the movie isnt doing as big as they expected? I dont know for sure, but it sure is a possiblity. I just wouldnt assume that its gonna stay longer, we just dont know.

TRONs numbers are not as bad as some people think they are. The studio was aware of the hard sell TRON was to most audience. The movie is also holding on pretty well and its numbers these last two days have increase.

Internationally all releases are doing less than expected with many regions of Europe having to close venues due to harsh weather patterns.

I think that it will depend on the Holiday season whether the movie sees an uptick here Domestically and since most business are actually closing thursday and Friday there is the possibility of an uptick in movie tickets.

• Banned User

Exactly Baloo, Disney is actually not worrying at all about these numbers. And like someone has stated before, Pirates of the Caribbean 1 grossed only 44 million in its first weekend, then went on to gross 306 domestically. The weather, time of year, and word of mouth are huge factors in the case of TL. Tron has legs, and will most likely show it in the weeks to come. It is far from a flop.

• Still lost in Neverland

I hope that Tron:Legacy does well and grows during the season. I loved the original and have the original Disney Movie Club Deluxe Version on DVD. I will go see the movie. But that doesn't mean I have to love or even like the cheesy and dreary and dull ElecTRONica Promotional gimmick as well. The Tron Tag at the end of WOC was amazing and so much better than anything in the ElecTRONica street show (except maybe Laserman, but then he only does 2 shows a night. How hard can that be anyway). I just like Glow Fest much better.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Minion

Actually the Glowfest performers weren't Disney CMs, they were just performers that someone else hired remember that Disney outsourced GF which is why it was so terrible, ElecTRONica looks so much better, besides, who wouldn't want to visit the End of Line bar or Flynn's Arcade?
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    Actually the Glowfest performers weren't Disney CMs, they were just performers that someone else hired remember that Disney outsourced GF which is why it was so terrible, ElecTRONica looks so much better, besides, who wouldn't want to visit the End of Line bar or Flynn's Arcade?
    Exactly! Glowfest was lame with the same music loop all summer, tacky dancers, and had a cheesy vibe to it! Plus at Electronica people can actually dance to the music and not follow those awkward cheesy touristy dance moves! And I love Pogo but whenever a song of his came on the dance floor would clear and no one would dance! haha

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana Joe View Post
    Disney park puts Pixar parade on hiatus | disney, parade, set - News - The Orange County Register

YES!!! I LOVE elecTRONica!! I've had so much fun there, this is good news to me.
    I wonder if after the new year , they will bring back Muppets at night, because at a certain point the 3d preview becomes old... Although I admit I wish they had the 4d effects like wind when I saw it in Imax

• Can Only Wish For More!

Quote Originally Posted by DapperJoshua View Post
    Don't they need that area for an extended queue for soarin' over california?
    No, that's just one of the emergency/access exits. The Soarin' queue hugs the front of the building only.
    Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
    - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
    - me too!

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    TRONs numbers are not as bad as some people think they are. The studio was aware of the hard sell TRON was to most audience. The movie is also holding on pretty well and its numbers these last two days have increase.

Internationally all releases are doing less than expected with many regions of Europe having to close venues due to harsh weather patterns.

I think that it will depend on the Holiday season whether the movie sees an uptick here Domestically and since most business are actually closing thursday and Friday there is the possibility of an uptick in movie tickets.
    Stop meddling with the doomsayers!

I like the dance concept but I hope that with time they can swap out themes and perhaps find a way to do this type of show without making the Hollywood area such a jumble during the day.

Its beginning to feel like this event may be around to stay instead of a nighttime parade. Might have to wait for the third gate before we see a nighttime parade again.
    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

• LOL!!!!!!! (MC teen joke)

I still think that they should've done something like the Osbourne Family Dancing Lights thing at DHS for Christmas. That would've been cool.
    The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by SS77 View Post
    I still think that they should've done something like the Osbourne Family Dancing Lights thing at DHS for Christmas. That would've been cool.
    And then you'd get the people complaining about the lights being up during the day, just like they're complaining about the elecTRONica or glowfest stuff being up.

The dance parties are a popular thing. They'll come up with different ideas to keep the concept of the dance parties around as long as they can.