Page 557 of 663 FirstFirst ... 57457507532547554555556557558559560567582607657 ... LastLast
Results 8,341 to 8,355 of 9945

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker X

I really hope/wish they either build the facades higher or add trees behind the new food court as to block out the outside world.
    Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

the facade that needs height is the Burger Invasion one but all the artwork shows little design change to the main frame. It almost seems temporary just like the Mullholland makeover.

Maybe that building could once fade away along with Goofy for an attraction.

Quote Originally Posted by nonob88 View Post
    yay progress! framework for Boardwalk Pizza + Pasta facade

Twitpic - Share photos on Twitter

picture by @MouseInfo
    Can't wait to see the final result. To me it's really cool when WDI transforms something old into something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Professortango View Post
    I really hope/wish they either build the facades higher or add trees behind the new food court as to block out the outside world.
    I don't think they've changed their minds on the idea that the Paradise Pier hotel is part of the area. I think the hotel is pretty much all you can see above that area anyways.

Probably be better if they can give the Paradise Pier hotel a remodel of some sort to match the newer look of the Pier area itself.
    "We all have sparks, imagination! it's how our minds... create creations!"

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider View Post
    I don't think they've changed their minds on the idea that the Paradise Pier hotel is part of the area. I think the hotel is pretty much all you can see above that area anyways.

Probably be better if they can give the Paradise Pier hotel a remodel of some sort to match the newer look of the Pier area itself.
    I completely agree, the hotel could look really nice with a little work. There are a couple of styles they could apply to the building that would make it fit the design of the rest of the area much better while still having its own distinct architecture.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mickey11 View Post
    I don't see how a nighttime parade is needed or would even be able to operate in DCA now that WoC is there. It wouldn't be able to run once the first show of WoC goes off and the last show of WoC closes the park...

Additionally, some of the WoC Queues use the Parade Route for lining up an hour or so before the first show. As well, the load in to the viewing area uses the route in front of mermaid.

When would the parade would have time to go through at night? Plus we have WoC as our Night Time Entertainment now. And the Park has only ever offered one night time event at a time really, and right now (with ElelecTRONica) we have two.

Unless the parade can still cut its self short and go backstage by the Tortilla Factory I don't see a nighttime parade coming back to DCA...nor do I see the need for it.
    Dca could have multiple night time events...disneyland has fireworks n fantasmic. No rrason why Dca couldnt have woc and a nighttime parade.

^Fireworks and Fantasmic do not take up the same time slot, nor do they take up the same physical space. A parade has to go past the Woc Viewing area, and the parade route is being used the entire time. People are lining up, filing in, and showing up late right up the the start of the first show. Then the viewing area empties and the next group fills it in. Once the people start lining up for WoC there isn't any way for a parade to get through. The only realistic way for a night time parade to return to DCA is either A- Have a shortened parade route to go to the Tortilla Factory, or B- Run it right before the WoC lines start to form and they set up ropes for the show. And that plan would only work in winter when the sun sets early. Or, completely rework the WoC show times to make a parade fit in-between shows when its actually dark...but I don't see that happening.

Now, if I'm missing something here please let me know, I just don't see how a parade will make it though the WoC viewing area at night.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mickey11 View Post
    ^Fireworks and Fantasmic do not take up the same time slot, nor do they take up the same physical space. A parade has to go past the Woc Viewing area, and the parade route is being used the entire time. People are lining up, filing in, and showing up late right up the the start of the first show. Then the viewing area empties and the next group fills it in. Once the people start lining up for WoC there isn't any way for a parade to get through. The only realistic way for a night time parade to return to DCA is either A- Have a shortened parade route to go to the Tortilla Factory, or B- Run it right before the WoC lines start to form and they set up ropes for the show. And that plan would only work in winter when the sun sets early. Or, completely rework the WoC show times to make a parade fit in-between shows when its actually dark...but I don't see that happening.
    I agree. Very well put.

The best solution (in my opinion) is to find a way to offer the fireworks at DCA. Find designated areas to view the fireworks and promote them. Make the fireworks a 2 park thing, not just Disneyland.

They could find away to give different parks a different story and soundtrack, like what they do at Tokyo Disney, but less crappy firework wise.

• Minion

I just think it's weird that wdw has 2 different night parades. the electrical parade and the spectro magic parade.
    back then DL had Fireworks, Fantamsic, and the MSEP all in one night but ive no idea how that happened. I don't want the electrial parade to be gone forever. The most reasonable thing to do is to build another theme park then it goes there.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DannyLand View Post
    I just think it's weird that wdw has 2 different night parades. the electrical parade and the spectro magic parade.
    back then DL had Fireworks, Fantamsic, and the MSEP all in one night but ive no idea how that happened. I don't want the electrial parade to be gone forever. The most reasonable thing to do is to build another theme park then it goes there.
    Spectromagic doesn't run with MSEP. You do know that right?

• is too darn hot.

MSEP is a far better parade than that lame-o Spectromagic. That thing is tragic.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    I agree. Very well put.

The best solution (in my opinion) is to find a way to offer the fireworks at DCA. Find designated areas to view the fireworks and promote them. Make the fireworks a 2 park thing, not just Disneyland.
    California Adventure doesnt really need Fireworks, World of color does just fine.. I agree a nighttime parade would be nice and the best solution is what has been suggested so far which is a shortened parade route or a reworking of timing to allow for a parade to pass through paradise pier.. 2011 is only going to be worse with the addition of little mermaid... its would be extremely difficult to do any parade in that area at night

• Minion

what if they add a gate at the park entrance on the Hollywood side and run it from the entrance through hollywood? wouldn't that avoid WoC issues?
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Nutty about Disney parks

I dont think Spectromagic is THAT bad of a parade. A bit weird and creepy in some ways yes. But I kinda like it that way.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!