Page 564 of 663 FirstFirst ... 64464514554561562563564565566567574614 ... LastLast
Results 8,446 to 8,460 of 9945

• Disney Fanatic

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker X

I wonder how it will work with a parade coming through here if they have a queue set up like this on busy days?

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
    -Aristotle

Next Trip in 2012 to see the final product

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by WannaCub View Post
    I'm just saying this, and I apologize if I offend ANYONE, but really? Isn't this why the Showpass was started? To prevent anyone from laying out a blanket and holding a spot for 4+ hours to see a show?
    And what's so wrong about doing that? The person (or persons) doing it paid money to get into the park. If they want to spend a good percentage of that $$$ just waiting around on concrete for a 30 minute show, I say let them. If it's "so" important for someone to see a show up close or have a "good" spot, then they need to show up early at the appropriate time before the show. All the Showpass thing does is offer a crutch to people who aren't willing to do what it takes to get what they supposedly want - a good seat/view.

That's just my two cents.

• Still lost in Neverland

The problem with that is eventually the place will be choked with people holding spots with blankets and you either walk over them or go around the entire pier to get to the rides. It's a stupid idea. Go to Tokyo Disneyland and see this happen every day during the summer. Families park themselves all day on the sidewalks of Main Street for hours to see a parade. You can't walk down Main Street without tripping over people staking out spots for a Parade. This was several years ago when I friend was working there and he said it was impossible to get down Main Street on busy days because of this. You could only walk down the street. I don't know if the Park finally stopped this or not. I know they stopped pin trading inside the Park because it was just getting insane with Pin Traders attacking CM's to get pins off there lanyards and injuring plenty of CM's in the process. They made them go outside the Park to trade pins. They can come in to buy the pins, but no trading inside the Parks at Tokyo. Again, I don't know if this is still true or not. It was several years ago again from my friend who worked there for 4 years in a row.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    The problem with that is eventually the place will be choked with people holding spots with blankets and you either walk over them or go around the entire pier to get to the rides. It's a stupid idea. Go to Tokyo Disneyland and see this happen every day during the summer. Families park themselves all day on the sidewalks of Main Street for hours to see a parade. You can't walk down Main Street without tripping over people staking out spots for a Parade. This was several years ago when I friend was working there and he said it was impossible to get down Main Street on busy days because of this. You could only walk down the street. I don't know if the Park finally stopped this or not. I know they stopped pin trading inside the Park because it was just getting insane with Pin Traders attacking CM's to get pins off there lanyards and injuring plenty of CM's in the process. They made them go outside the Park to trade pins. They can come in to buy the pins, but no trading inside the Parks at Tokyo. Again, I don't know if this is still true or not. It was several years ago again from my friend who worked there for 4 years in a row.
    How is this any different than on busy days when it's nearly impossible to walk in and out of areas of Disneyland like Adventureland? Does this mean Disney should enforce a rule that you must get a Landpass in order to utilize the land at certain times of the day or only be allowed in after x-time? Sorry, but walking around people is both part of going to a theme park and getting through everyday life.

(Btw, I'm not "attacking" you. Merely trying to get my point across.)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    The problem with that is eventually the place will be choked with people holding spots with blankets and you either walk over them or go around the entire pier to get to the rides. It's a stupid idea. Go to Tokyo Disneyland and see this happen every day during the summer. Families park themselves all day on the sidewalks of Main Street for hours to see a parade. You can't walk down Main Street without tripping over people staking out spots for a Parade. This was several years ago when I friend was working there and he said it was impossible to get down Main Street on busy days because of this. You could only walk down the street. I don't know if the Park finally stopped this or not. .
    Your friend is clearly a very reliable source considering Tokyo Disneyland doesn't have a Main Street, they have World Bazaar, and the parade route doesn't even run down World Bazaar.

Yes it is. It will get so crowded with people sitting on the ground on blankets it would far worse than Fantasmic which is not really in a walkway as there are three and they are in the first one closest to the water. At DCA the only walkway is the one between the WOC viewing area and The Little Mermaid building. They can't block that walkway with hundreds of people sitting on their butts in the street (and they would take up the entire walkway from front to back and side to side).

It will happen because when people gather in one spot to wait for something the Herd effect takes over and they become animals. That is something you don't want to see. It is horrible and perhaps the most frightening thing that could happen in a Theme Park. Just let the Fast Pass continue to do it's job and keep the walkways open and queue people for WOC with the Fast Passes. It's working so don't fool with it.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Well you are right about that. What he meant was the streets the Parades do go down. I just don't have a name for them. I know Tokyo has The World Bazaar, I just used the Main Street as a name for the Parade Route. But whatever, the idea is the same. People gather to see a parade for hours before the parade starts and stepping over and around people is a real pain.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Quote Originally Posted by ScienceProject View Post
    i vote for UNNECESSARY. Why make the two parks in these ways replicas of each other? This side has an entry onto Main Street, this side has an entry onto Buena Vista Street, at this park, you walk up to a Walt and Mickey statue, on the other side you walk up to a Walt and Mickey statue... are they really that badly out of ideas? That's way too similar. I'd prefer a statue of Walt and his daughters on a park bench... the true "inspiration" for Disneyland.
    Isn't the whole idea of the new DCA supposed to represent (generally) California pre-Walt, while Disneyland represents what Walt brought to California? In that respect, the Main Street/Buena Vista Street and Partners statues work perfectly.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Likely Making Changes

Blog Entries

California as Walt found it, but not nessisarily pre.

Quote Originally Posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
    And what's so wrong about doing that? The person (or persons) doing it paid money to get into the park. If they want to spend a good percentage of that $$$ just waiting around on concrete for a 30 minute show, I say let them. If it's "so" important for someone to see a show up close or have a "good" spot, then they need to show up early at the appropriate time before the show. All the Showpass thing does is offer a crutch to people who aren't willing to do what it takes to get what they supposedly want - a good seat/view.

They did pay money, but they ruin the aesthetic and congest the walkway. In Paradise Park however, picnickers would fit well with the scenery. Picnics in the park were common weren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by sdn86 View Post
    i just got back from wdw a few weeks ago and that 2nd statue with roy was not there
    Yes it was.

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by kibia16 View Post
    I wonder how it will work with a parade coming through here if they have a queue set up like this on busy days?

Probably redirect the queue from where it is now. I thought the parade route was going to come out where the trolley tracks lead.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• I'm not really here

They'll move the queue prior to the parade. Similar to what they do for the Fantasyland side queue for Matterhorn.

And what's so wrong about doing that? The person (or persons) doing it paid money to get into the park. If they want to spend a good percentage of that $$$ just waiting around on concrete for a 30 minute show, I say let them.
    It becomes a problem when it begins to have an effect on the flow of traffic HOURS before the show starts. It becomes a problem when it starts impacting other guests day. This is why ShowPass was created. It evens the playing field and leaves an area of the park open for all guests during the time before the show. It would work very well for F! as well if they could just find a good place for the line up before the show. I'm thinking all long BTT.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Lion

Unless I'm mistaken, the parade route doesn't/won't go through that gate. It will use the gate where the Red Car tracks go back stage.

As for showpass, it's an absolute necessity for a number of reasons.

The first and foremost is that people who are on vacation with their families, and might only have 2 or 3 days to visit, wouldn't be able to see the show otherwise. Sure, they could waste 6 hours setting up camp, having to deal with sunburns, cranky kids, etc, if they wanted to. It would kill most of the day when they only have limited time to be at DLR to begin with. Ultimately, they would probably choose to skip the show and miss out altogether, or show up at the end and get an awful view.

Another reason it's necessary is, as has been mentioned, people would be lining up hours and hours and hours before the show. And yes, that's kinda crazy, and yes "if they wanna sit on concrete for hours let them," but the problem comes when people who DON'T want to sit on concrete for hours actually want to catch the show. You have no choice but to tough it out for hours waiting to get a good spot, or you show up at the last minute, again, resulting in a sub-par viewing experience.

Showpass is the most equitable, convenient, and appropriate way to do a show that's in high demand like WoC. There are VERY few negatives, and the negatives are nothing compared to the disaster that would ensue if there was no showpass.

The showpass argument reminds me a lot of the attraction fastpass argument. Some people wish there was no fastpass, but I personally don't want to wait over an hour, possibly two hours or more, for Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, ToT, Radiator Springs Racers, etc. Fastpass may slow down the standby line, but at least it gives me the option to ride those attractions without sitting in line for hours. People who think lines would suddenly be magically short without fastpass are living in a dreamworld. I've been to WDW before fastpass, and had to wait 3 hours to ride Splash Mountain on my first visit. It was either wait 3 hours or simply not ride it. Not riding it wasn't an option for me - I was looking forward to it far too much.

Not having fastpass on rides like TSMM hasn't reduced standby line to manageable levels. It's still upwards of an hour on busy days.

Showpass for WoC is the same deal. Without it, you either sit and wait for hours before the show, or miss out on a good view completely. Not to mention the hilariously chaotic scene you would see after the first WoC ended. Could you imagine 4,000 people all battling through the exiting crowd to try and get a good seat for the 2nd show? Where would they line up and organize without a showpass system and specific lines/queues to wait in? It's chaotic enough WITH showpass/fastpass... without it would be a disaster waiting to happen. Then what happens when the park is crowded and 10,000 people think they can all get a good spot for the 2nd WoC? Where do the leftover 6,000 people go? Chaos, dude... Chaos.
    Last edited by simba; 12-31-2010 at 12:25 AM.

• Closed Account

They can still wait for the show, but they're not going to be waiting in the spot that they will be watching the show. They will be waiting in the queue to get into the viewing area. If they are so determined to get that 'great spot' - they will have no problem getting to the park early to get their Showpass, get in line to get into the viewing area and getting to their 'great spot'.

Again, the only difference is where they spend their hours waiting.

What's the problem?

Happy New Years everyone. Thanks for all the great photos of construction and updates on the transformation of Disneyland's 'awkward sibling'.

I am really looking forward to the changes that will be happening in the next 4 months as DCA makes it's way to the opening of the Little Mermaid, Goofy's Sky School, and the other changes.