Page 597 of 663 FirstFirst ... 97497547572587594595596597598599600607622647 ... LastLast
Results 8,941 to 8,955 of 9945

• Raconteur

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker X

Went to the park yesterday and was explaining the whole expansion plans to my friends in the Blue Sky Cellar. When I told them TLM was planned to open in May, the CM running the joint started harassing me with "That's not true!! There's no firm date yet!" and "May?! Where did you hear that?! ... The internet?! DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU HEAR THERE!" and "I have a meeting next week! Firm dates will be set then!".

It was a little unnerving, to be honest. She was very intense and not... all that friendly, to be honest. But at least she made for a good inside joke from now on!
    Disneyland Resort Photography by Quiksotik
    Disneyland parking attendant: "Have a magical day, yo!"

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiksotik View Post
    Went to the park yesterday and was explaining the whole expansion plans to my friends in the Blue Sky Cellar. When I told them TLM was planned to open in May, the CM running the joint started harassing me with "That's not true!! There's no firm date yet!" and "May?! Where did you hear that?! ... The internet?! DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU HEAR THERE!" and "I have a meeting next week! Firm dates will be set then!".

It was a little unnerving, to be honest. She was very intense and not... all that friendly, to be honest. But at least she made for a good inside joke from now on!
    This is why Disney doesn't like fansites... For good reason, I'd say.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Senior Minion

That's kind of silly, if it doesn't open in May it will be within weeks, not that big of a deal. I would think that they hear people make mistakes in there constantly, and I would have assumed for the most part they bight their tongue unless they are asked directly. Also, I don't think they have a good reason for not liking fan sites. Most businesses would love to have such a devoted fan base, even if they are hypercritical and sometimes leak things early.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Minion

I'm not exactly sure if this is right but...
    Toy Story Midway Mania is $80 million
    World of Color $75 million
    Mermaid Ride $100 million
    Radiator Springs $200 million

When I told them TLM was planned to open in May, the CM running the joint started harassing me with "That's not true!! There's no firm date yet!" and "May?! Where did you hear that?! ... The internet?! DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU HEAR THERE!" and "I have a meeting next week! Firm dates will be set then!".

It was a little unnerving, to be honest. She was very intense and not... all that friendly, to be honest.
    omg thats too funny!! lol

• Banned User

There is a firm date, just not given to font line CMs yet. Ummmmm,No was spot on with the date, just saying.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    That's kind of silly, if it doesn't open in May it will be within weeks, not that big of a deal. I would think that they hear people make mistakes in there constantly, and I would have assumed for the most part they bight their tongue unless they are asked directly. Also, I don't think they have a good reason for not liking fan sites. Most businesses would love to have such a devoted fan base, even if they are hypercritical and sometimes leak things early.
    Well said. Disney's discomfiture at fan sites is an attitude a lot of corporations have toward outsiders -- the result of a mindset that defends information about the Company as the exclusive property of the Company and solely its to control; a mindset that reacts negatively (frustration, patronization, mockery and defensive anger are common reactions) to outsiders who act as if they know what's going on inside. It's similar to the anger-reaction at outside criticism that many (not all) Disney managers habitually act out. (Inside criticism isn't a problem: criticize and you're fired.)
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Banned User

LMAO, thats pretty funny! She was just doing her job, but honestly when it comes to getting dates right, sites like these seem to be right 90% of the time, hence why they are so popular to begin with. It is a losing battle for them. And yeah, if its not May, its either April or June, not a huge deal. The thing isnt opening in November and as I always said on another site, families dont plan their entire vacations to go on certain dates based on a rumor from the internet anyway.

Most people who pay attention to these rumor openings are usually obsessed fans who either go all the time or live pretty close to go when they want, and are waiting for the possible soft openings to make a beeline for the ride or want to do it on opening day! The rest of the civilized world just waits until the thing is up and running and then plan to go! Us freaks knows the score, seeing if its actually true or not is all part of the fun!

That said I told my own mother it opens in May and everytime I talk to her, first thing she mentions is how excited she is for May to ride it lol---so don't let me down internet or I'm coming after you for crushing my mothers dreams!!!

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    What you and Wiggins say is true, but there will undoubtedly also be people on here really upset that some mystery deadline they heard about in May was missed, if even by a few days. To that end, I can see it being frustration.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    What you and Wiggins say is true, but there will undoubtedly also be people on here really upset that some mystery deadline they heard about in May was missed, if even by a few days. To that end, I can see it being frustration.
    Sure, I guess it will always be a few, but seems like the majority who comes to site like these knows how it works--unless Disney puts out an official date, its just conjecture until then. Things change, hence why Disney waits to put it out to the public even when they known for months.

Look at WOC. That thing was rumored to open as early as March of last year. It didnt and there were lots of conflicting dates, but most people just waited it out until there was a date---which at the end of the day all u can do. Its not like Disney kept changing it in public.

LMAO... I'm pretty sure I know EXACTLY who you are talking about. I swear she thinks she's an Imagineer. A few months before WoC opened I was in the BSC talking to my friends about the show and she loudly interrupted me that nothing was final for the show yet. Well, true enough, but I happened to at the time already know scene by scene the progression of the show which I shared with her right there. She sputtered something about "subject to change" as she huffed away, obviously annoyed. Ha.

Trust me, the people who work in BSC are Guest Relations CMs. There's no way she's participating in planning meetings where final dates are set. Maybe they'll TELL HER a date next week. Maybe not. Either way, I have it on good authority that TLM is looking REALLY GOOD on the inside. It's gonna be test and adjust time soon. Now it's time to polish off the outside!
    -boy33

Twitter: @boy33

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by boy33 View Post
    I have it on good authority that TLM is looking REALLY GOOD on the inside. It's gonna be test and adjust time soon. Now it's time to polish off the outside!

I will second this statement with my own have it on good authority that the interior is amazing.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Forgotten Spirit

Talking Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker X

Quote Originally Posted by boy33 View Post
    LMAO... I'm pretty sure I know EXACTLY who you are talking about. I swear she thinks she's an Imagineer. A few months before WoC opened I was in the BSC talking to my friends about the show and she loudly interrupted me that nothing was final for the show yet. Well, true enough, but I happened to at the time already know scene by scene the progression of the show which I shared with her right there. She sputtered something about "subject to change" as she huffed away, obviously annoyed. Ha.

Trust me, the people who work in BSC are Guest Relations CMs. There's no way she's participating in planning meetings where final dates are set. Maybe they'll TELL HER a date next week. Maybe not. Either way, I have it on good authority that TLM is looking REALLY GOOD on the inside. It's gonna be test and adjust time soon. Now it's time to polish off the outside!

Yep, I know exactly who they are talking about too LOL
    But then again that shows that I probably spend way to much time at Disneyland and California Adventure hah

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    I will second this statement with my own have it on good authority that the interior is amazing.
    But unlike what Al said, many of the more complicated AAs have not been installed. Heck, some aren't even skinned yet.
    Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

• Forgotten Spirit

http://www.disneygeek.com/updates/20...7/IMG_4448.jpg

Wait, is an Ice Cream Parlor going into the theater?
    Also, remove the image if you have to, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to show images from that site directly on the board
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 01-08-2011 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Hotlinked image, against site rules