Page 601 of 663 FirstFirst ... 101501551576591598599600601602603604611626651 ... LastLast
Results 9,001 to 9,015 of 9945

• film975

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker X

DCA is going to be a much more classier park than it ever has been before. I never paid much attention to what the BVS stores and buildings were named until now. But I too like the idea of references to classic Disney characters. That's something that DCA really needs... just more Disney. And adding those characters will fit very well to the time period they're aiming for here.

• AKA: Indyiluvu

Quote Originally Posted by nonob88 View Post
    So does this mean they may be building a theater in the Carhay Circle theater and will be showing snow white? Because that would be amazing!
    FIRST DLR TRIP - 1981

FIRST DLP TRIP - March 1997

FIRST WDW TRIP - May/June 2006

FIRST HKDL TRIP - 2016?

FIRST TDLR TRIP - 2017?

FIRST SHDL TRIP - 2019?

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana Joe View Post
    So does this mean they may be building a theater in the Carhay Circle theater and will be showing snow white? Because that would be amazing!
    Probably not, just using history to tie the structure to Disney and the theme park.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Pooped Pirate View Post
    Well, he did debut in 1928...... so if it says 1925, then it's either wrong or I will trade in my Hitchhiking ghost pins.
    Pegleg Pete debuted in the Alice Comedies, then went on to be a foil to Oswald the Lucky Rabbit before foiling Mickey Mouse in 1928.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana Joe View Post
    No probably not but one thing I always thought they could do with it was show clips of all the different films that Walt did directly like all his animation films of course, BUT also famous live action films and TV shows he worked on as well. Could just be one component of the building showing a collection of film and TV pedigree using different montages. It would kind of mirror what Main St cinema does at DL with the early Mickey shorts, but more focus on his films and the live action component wont make it to redundant with the film clips shown at the Animation Studio down the street. It doesnt have to be the main event, but a nice way to tie in the theme of both the theater and BVS.

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    Pegleg Pete debuted in the Alice Comedies, then went on to be a foil to Oswald the Lucky Rabbit before foiling Mickey Mouse in 1928.
    "Alice Solves the Puzzle" in 1925 specifically.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Banned User

I'm just thinking out loud here, but with all the talk of the early characters names being used for the shops and restaurants for BVS and now there is even talk of walk around characters as well, would it not sound too far fetched that merchandise for these characters not be too far behind? And do people think this would be a good idea?

I dont buy Disney souvineers, so I dont keep up with this end at all, but I wonder if there would be enough interest to buy such unknown characters for the general public? I know people HERE would love to have an Oswald plush doll, but I wonder how it would sell to the average 8 year old? Apparently Duffy is doing well and hardly anyone knows about that bear so who knows?

• I'm not really here

I've seen a lot more diverse selection of plush toys at the Disney Store in the last few months. Secondary characters, older characters. That could have been a test of reception to older characters. I'd love to see plush of these vintage characters in the parks, and other merch as well.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Banned User

Speaking of which, I havent seen the Oswald vintage looking shirts at DLR in a while, they still sell those, right? I want one! =(

Here it is>> http://www.doobybrain.com/wp-content...rabbit-tee.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    It does get awfully tiresome reading comments such as "I have it on good authority" after five years of coming across hundreds of people who seem to give the impression they are best friends with an Imagineer. One thing I have learnt in the affairs of the Walt Disney Company is that very few people outside of the company know what they are talking about, as many of the leakers inside the company are rooted out and fired. Al Lutz is one particular person who does always know what he is talking about, which is partly why he deserves the fantastic reputation he has. I just find it exasperating when mere Disney fans like me and you tend to give the impression they are "in" on enormously confidential details such as those surrounding Imagineering projects, when really, we're not. We're just fans excitedly discussing things, and there should be no reason to try and portray ourselves as if we know more than other people. Because you probably don't.

Sorry if this came across as blunt, it's just I've been a poster on forums since I was about thirteen for various passions of mine, and there are always people using the good old "I have it on good authority" chestnut.
    I think it all depends. Me personally, I have inside info about selective details of only selective projects due to the nature of my informant. Some people might have better insider information all around, and I never claim to be an expert on internal affairs. The problems with insider info, is if you want to keep recieving info, you have to be vague and can't provide any real proof. Sure, we can post pictures and whatnot, but I prefer my friend to have a job than me to proove myself.

I only offer information as to contribute to the discussion, not to elevate my station.
    Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

• Banned User

OMG! Am I the only one excited about this?!?!?

Disneygeek's Disneyland Update Friday, January 7, 2011

Read the bottom! We're in the Elysian Arcade! That means they're adding an arcade to greetings like the Emporium! AHHHHH! That is going be so exciting and so in theme!

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    It does get awfully tiresome reading comments such as "I have it on good authority" after five years of coming across hundreds of people who seem to give the impression they are best friends with an Imagineer. One thing I have learnt in the affairs of the Walt Disney Company is that very few people outside of the company know what they are talking about, as many of the leakers inside the company are rooted out and fired. Al Lutz is one particular person who does always know what he is talking about, which is partly why he deserves the fantastic reputation he has. I just find it exasperating when mere Disney fans like me and you tend to give the impression they are "in" on enormously confidential details such as those surrounding Imagineering projects, when really, we're not. We're just fans excitedly discussing things, and there should be no reason to try and portray ourselves as if we know more than other people. Because you probably don't.

Sorry if this came across as blunt, it's just I've been a poster on forums since I was about thirteen for various passions of mine, and there are always people using the good old "I have it on good authority" chestnut.
    What you have to realize, Speedway, is this... some people here actually do have information. Not on every single project, or aspect of it. But some people actually do know some things about some projects. Often just a specific one... but you can't simply dismiss every single thing. Some people work at the resort and have actually seen the inside of the TLM building and the progress. Telling people that the work inside is very far along with most of the scenes installed is not disclosing a corporate secret. It doesn't disclose anything actually. And it's something that you don't need to be a board member to have access to.

I've been posting on boards since before the www. Usenet, bbs', etc. Yes, there are always those that say things to up their social standing, but they often don't last long as the things they say don't really pan out. Then there are those who actually know things and are seeking to clarify debate or give hints as they can. Weeding them out isn't hard... it just requires patience and paying attention. I'm sorry if this offends you, but it's the truth.

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    OMG! Am I the only one excited about this?!?!?

Disneygeek's Disneyland Update Friday, January 7, 2011

Read the bottom! We're in the Elysian Arcade! That means they're adding an arcade to greetings like the Emporium! AHHHHH! That is going be so exciting and so in theme!
    It's not a video arcade...
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Banned User

Uh duh! I know that! LOL

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    It's not a video arcade...
    Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    Uh duh! I know that! LOL
    this made me laugh lol
    Trips coming up: