Page 61 of 663 FirstFirst ... 113651585960616263647186111161561 ... LastLast

• MC Blogger

Blog Entries

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker X

This recent transition discussion just goes to show how desperate and shortsighted the Disney team was in trying to fix DCA. Or how the decisions we make now affect our future.

But I'm sure the emphasis on DCA 2.0 will result in much more thought and immersive theming than we have ever seen in this park. Long ago, someone here mentioned Paradise Park had TDS quality. Boy, I'd love to see that happen to DCA!
    Mark

Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 000 Posts!
    www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

30 Minutes from the Happiest Place on Earth

Slow news day...

sorry but somebody had to do it
    "To all who come to this happy place... welcome." -Walt Disney
    "And that was without even a single drop of rum" -Jack Sparrow

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    someone here mentioned Paradise Park had TDS quality.
    Not quite, but almost. It's getting there. Just a little more immersion is what this park needs to compete with its fellow Disney Parks.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    someone here mentioned Paradise Park had TDS quality.
    I believe the phrasing was more along the lines of "Paradise Park competes with Tokyo DisneySea's park area." Which is different.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
    ...I heard the reason behind it may be that since the Drive In restaurant has been put on hold,...

Why was this put on hold? I LOVE the Sci-Fi Dine-In restaurant in Disney's MGM/Hollywood Studios and can't WAIT for there to be one in California Adventure!!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MeRSiamese View Post
    Why was this put on hold? I LOVE the Sci-Fi Dine-In restaurant in Disney's MGM/Hollywood Studios and can't WAIT for there to be one in California Adventure!!!
    Isn't it a good thing that the money is probably being allocated to other projects? I'd like to see a better Radiator Springs Racers than another restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    Isn't it a good thing that the money is probably being allocated to other projects? I'd like to see a better Radiator Springs Racers than another restaurant.
    thats true. personally i can care less about a new restaurant, i already have my favorites that i go to every time im there. id rather see more themeing and detail in Cars land and other projects or even a new ride.
    I <3 Disneyland California
    &
    <3
    California Adventure

December 15, 1966 - Also known as the saddest day in world history.

i can honestly say that this is going to ruin california adventure and make it disneyland 2. and there will be no more relaxation and california feel to it all it will be is the history of disney in california and then they will probably take out the alcohol and that would be horrible haha

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DDUDE View Post
    i can honestly say that this is going to ruin california adventure and make it disneyland 2. and there will be no more relaxation and california feel to it all it will be is the history of disney in california and then they will probably take out the alcohol and that would be horrible haha
    Whats going to ruin it? The whole project? I disagree completely. No matter how much you change DCA, it will never live up to Disneyland. I love DCA, but honestly, it's no Disneyland. I love the changes they are making! Is it more Disneyland? Maybe a little, mostly the BVS part, but as a whole it will improve the park for the better!

• Minion

i honestly think that Alcohol has no place in the DLR. Maybe if they had an area like Pleasure Island. But not in the parks themselves, especially not near where children are hanging out with their family.
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    i honestly think that Alcohol has no place in the DLR. Maybe if they had an area like Pleasure Island. But not in the parks themselves, especially not near where children are hanging out with their family.
    I agree with you. At least the alcohol is cost prohibitive: it's expensive to get drunk in DCA!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by scrooge View Post
    I agree with you. At least the alcohol is cost prohibitive: it's expensive to get drunk in DCA!
    That's why my brother told me that even if we take the vacation to DLR this summer as planned, he won't buy any alcohol there because of price
    Trips coming up:

May 22-26th
    July 13th-18th
    November 19th-25th

• Future Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyfan42 View Post
    I agree. Walt's reason for not having alcohol in the park was because he didn't want parents to have an excuse to say to their children, "Go on all the rides and I'll meet you later" while they drank. He wanted families to spend time with each other, and I think Glow Fest destroys this. Plus, it's sold late at night when parents will probably soon be driving children home, and almost all of them are likely to drive on a busy freeway.

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Quote Originally Posted by MeRSiamese View Post
    To quote what's becoming an old adage..."I heard it will be coming in Phase 2"...but really I believe the rumor mill is pointing in the Phase 2 direction for Drive In. And I've heard money from Drive In is being allocated for theming and attractions in Carsland so I'm glad it's been cut for now.

[QUOTE=RSoxNo1;1056067212]A few questions:

1. How firm is the May 2011 opening date for Ariel's Undersea Adventure? I plan on being in town for the D23 convention in August
    2. Will there be Fastpass for Ariel's Undersea Adventure and Radiator Springs Racers?
    3. Will Radiator Springs Racers have dual tracks throughout or only in the racing portion? If it's only in the racing portion, is the assumption that it will likely have a capacity similar to Epcot's Test Track?[/QUOTE]

Being that the two cars will go on seperate journeys to meet up at the end would suggest the ride would have a higher capacity then Test Track. 12 riders at a time instead of 6. Bring on the single rider line!