• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Disney California Adventure Project Tracker X

Quote Originally Posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
    I sooo Wish Disney made the Pier REALLY look like this

• Disneyman

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyContinent View Post
    Oh wow! Does anyone know where this photo was taken?
    It's a crane and some crates. Am I SUPPOSED to be "wowed" by that?
    "It's fun to do the impossible." ~Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Reeder View Post
    It's a crane and some crates. Am I SUPPOSED to be "wowed" by that?
    I think people are just excited to see that the letters still exist.

• Disneyman

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    I think people are just excited to see that the letters still exist.
    Oh. I didn't see the letters, lol.
    "It's fun to do the impossible." ~Walt Disney

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

Read Al Lutz's editors note on the top of the MiceAge site today. Seems the reopened Blue Sky Cellar will have art work devoted to the new Playhouse Disney remodel as well as "Phase 2 art for the Hollywood land area!

Maybe someone with some influence finally has gotten approvals to move forward with some changes to the Hollywood area after the CarsLand area opens up. If they are so far along as to put art work in the Blue Sky Cellar then SOME sort of changes must be headed to the Hollywood area in the next few years. Can't wait to see the pics. I still like when Disney manages to keep a secret or 2 and surprise us with something we were not expecting.

On a related note, it seems odd to me that TLM dark ride is going to get such a huge set up in the BSC just 4 months before it opens. It would have made more sense (to me at least) to have a TLM display open last fall - prior to the holiday rush. I hope by the end of the summer we get ANOTHER update with move BVS art and info.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

Quote Originally Posted by jmuboy View Post
    Read Al Lutz's editors note on the top of the MiceAge site today. Seems the reopened Blue Sky Cellar will have art work devoted to the new Playhouse Disney remodel as well as "Phase 2” art for the Hollywood land area!...On a related note, it seems odd to me that TLM dark ride is going to get such a huge set up in the BSC just 4 months before it opens. It would have made more sense (to me at least) to have a TLM display open last fall - prior to the holiday rush. I hope by the end of the summer we get ANOTHER update with move BVS art and info.
    My guess is that they are adding more Mermaid info to what is all ready there so it might not be as big a splash of information.

Screamscape is talking of a rumor about a new Muppets 3D movie with all the recent interest they are getting. With the new movie coming out on Christmas day this year it would be awesome to have some changes to the show. I would love to find a way to add some living character technology into the show to make it more unique.

• Banned User

Al also mentions that TLM is about 6 minutes long. Can anyone tell me another attraction that is exactly (or close enough to) 6 minutes so i have an idea as to how long the ride is?? thanks.

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by IndyFan1 View Post
    Al also mentions that TLM is about 6 minutes long. Can anyone tell me another attraction that is exactly (or close enough to) 6 minutes so i have an idea as to how long the ride is?? thanks.
    Good question. Comparing the Haunted Mansion which also uses the omnimover system, it'll likey be as long as HM. Looked on Wiki but the HM article doesn't say the length of the ride. Other dark rides in Fantasyland last roughly 3-4 minutes, Indy is 3 minutes and Jungle Cruise is 6-7 minutes.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Banned User

Ok, JUST saw the forms for the pacific pan entrance and almost squealed out loud! They right behind ToT and they are NOT prefabricated! They are doing it from scratch onsite! It was pretty exciting! Also I have some photos I'll post tonight of the dining area and new garden. It appears they cut out a square right under the new tree crates so they might tear the concrete under the crates. Lots of activity going on right now everywhere!

• Banned User

Also just saw the new float for the monsters Inc show. Didn't know they were gonna change the show that fast. Nothing special, just using the same floats.

• Dream in wonderful color!

Very exciting! I wonder when they'll begin work on the new Pan-Pacific structure.

As far as I know the Monsters Inc pop-up show will not replace the Incredibles - they will just swap between both shows daily. from the Disney parks blog:

Both mini-shows will run throughout the day Fridays through Tuesdays in front of the “ElecTRONica” stage in the entry plaza, and in front of the “Cloud Wall” near the entrance to the Hyperion Theater.
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    Ok, JUST saw the forms for the pacific pan entrance and almost squealed out loud! They right behind ToT and they are NOT prefabricated! They are doing it from scratch onsite! It was pretty exciting! Also I have some photos I'll post tonight of the dining area and new garden. It appears they cut out a square right under the new tree crates so they might tear the concrete under the crates. Lots of activity going on right now everywhere!
    What do you mean by "forms" if they are not prefabricated? I'm confused by the terminology.

But that is very cool and exciting!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by IndyFan1 View Post
    Haunted Mansion is about 6 mins as well once u board the vehicle and it feels quite long (most people think its longer) so this is GREAT news if true!

And wow, there will be stuff in there for phase 2 in Hollywoodland as well! DCA is just looking better everyday!

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojave View Post
    What do you mean by "forms" if they are not prefabricated? I'm confused by the terminology.

But that is very cool and exciting!
    A form is a mold into which concrete is poured. I assume FutureImagineer is saying they're both constructing the forms and pouring the concrete onsite, not building them somewhere else or buying already made concrete shapes from an outside company.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    Haunted Mansion is about 6 mins as well once u board the vehicle and it feels quite long (most people think its longer) so this is GREAT news if true!

And wow, there will be stuff in there for phase 2 in Hollywoodland as well! DCA is just looking better everyday!
    Haunted mansion is closer to eight minutes long.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!