Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Bye bye Star Tours...

So I just heard...no more Star Tours after July 26th.. *sob*

Anyone got any great photos to share of it? With all the times I've gone I don't think I ever got any photos of it!

Can we all cry together here?

• Also cute and fluffy!

Re: Bye bye Star Tours...

As sad is it is, we aren't losing it forever. We're getting an updated version of it
    "Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    Walt Disney

Thanks for everything, Walt!

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good."

Follow me on twitter! - pj_campbell

• Sharing a Paopu Fruit

Blog Entries

I don't want to cry. I really liked Star Tours, but it's been the same failed trip to Endor for so long, I'm really looking forward to Star Tours 2.0.

• Also cute and fluffy!

Poor Rex....every time I go on that ride its his first trip and he always gets lost...I guess they must be wiping his mind after every trip :P
    "Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."
    Walt Disney

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good."

• Hooterville, USA

Buck up, it's coming back!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by pj_campbell View Post
    Poor Rex....every time I go on that ride its his first trip and he always gets lost...I guess they must be wiping his mind after every trip :P
    And how many Death Stars must the Galactic Empire go through before realizing that it'll always get blown up?

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Sharing a Paopu Fruit

Blog Entries

Yes, I think he well-deserves this vacation (or retirement). He does try so hard!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandGirl View Post
    So I just heard...no more Star Tours after July 26th.. *sob*

Anyone got any great photos to share of it? With all the times I've gone I don't think I ever got any photos of it!

Can we all cry together here?
    Crying with joy!!!! I was there the first day Star Tours opened. Though it was amazing for it's time it wound up becoming really dated. The film itself was grainy and had a bad splice when entering the comet.
    From what I have read on Screamscape and some Star Wars related sites, Lucas has filmed 25 different beginnings, middles, and endings which will be randomized. That alone has gotten me stoked. But throw in the digital projections, the 3-D (or I should say 4-D) effects, and the fact that Boba Fett and Admiral Akbar makes appearances depending on what randomization you get, I am foaming at the mouth for this to happen. I'm just excited that Star Tours is catching up with the technology and a great ride will just become even greater!!!
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMunkee View Post
    Though it was amazing for it's time it wound up becoming really dated. The film itself was grainy and had a bad splice when entering the comet.
    The funny thing is, the ride is still fairly popular... it's just showing it's age. A refresh should do this ride some real and true good. The idea and concept of the ride is still very popular. It just looks so old. And that splice in the comet scene makes me cringe every time. There are a couple others, but that one is the worst by far.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Kingdom Comedian

I'm sad to see it go because I fear it's the loss of the REAL Star Wars movies in favor of those 3 prequels...oy!

I always assumed his forgetfulness was due to the red "Remove before flight" tag that Rex is still sporting.

That said, I will miss it (get one more trip with it this July), and am looking forward to the updated version. My 4 year old got his first flight on it this year, and loved it.

• Also cute and fluffy!

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    And how many Death Stars must the Galactic Empire go through before realizing that it'll always get blown up?
    Haha umm, yea pretty much. They must have them built in bulk :P
    Walt Disney

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by timbabbcomedian View Post
    I'm sad to see it go because I fear it's the loss of the REAL Star Wars movies in favor of those 3 prequels...oy!
    Tim, 2.0 is supposed to incorporate ALL the movies. Granted I hated the prequels like you it still would be pretty amazing to be in a pod race or careening through traffic and buildings on Coruscant, just as much as it would be to zoom in and out of the trees through the Endor forests as well as spiraling in and out around asteroids in and asteroid field while being chased by Imperial Fighters.
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• I'm not really here

Death Star by IKEA (assembly required)

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Kingdom Comedian

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMunkee View Post
    Tim, 2.0 is supposed to incorporate ALL the movies. Granted I hated the prequels like you it still would be pretty amazing to be in a pod race or careening through traffic and buildings on Coruscant, just as much as it would be to zoom in and out of the trees through the Endor forests as well as spiraling in and out around asteroids in and asteroid field while being chased by Imperial Fighters.
    I'm just saying...I had high hopes for the prequels BEFORE they came out.

...I am prepared to be disappointed again.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast