Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Minion

Re: World of Color preview VIDEO PRESHOW

From the videos on here, it doesn't look all that bad. The music is a little modern, but the puppets look extravagant and really well done! This is just a preshow guys. It isn't supposed to be better than WoC or even be on the same standard, just to pass the time.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    OMG! They are re-using music from 20 years ago!!! The Party Gras Music!!!

YAY!!

And the Video of these puppets looks terrific!

I would REALLY like to see them develop these lighted character puppet concepts into an all out parade!
    Not totally sure about the "puppets" (maybe it's just me but it looks like they created the puppets, didn't know how they were going to light them up so they threw Christmas lights in them...that was my first thought when I saw the video)
    The flames on Lumiere did look awesome though.

Thanks for the video post!
    Last edited by DLFreak71; 06-09-2010 at 09:43 PM.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Koubu Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    OMG! They are re-using music from 20 years ago!!! The Party Gras Music!!!

YAY!!

And the Video of these puppets looks terrific!

I would REALLY like to see them develop these lighted character puppet concepts into an all out parade!
    I knew I wasn't going crazy! I still remember the 35th from 1990. This looks like a nice little entertainment option. I hate waiting for a show or parade and there's nothing to keep your mind off the waiting.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    Well, first I must say that the Puppets themselves look GREAT! Absolutely fantastic! I love how Tigger actually looks as if he is bouncing. Mike Wazouski is very, very good as well.

However, saying that, I am not all that sure that they fit in. They seem too much like a PreParade then pre-entertainment. I would have rather seen more of these parade down Hollywood Pictures Backlot as a seperate entertainment offering (as well as a replacement for Glow Fest) then to have these guys quickly go through the viewing area.

Also, the music just doesn't do it for me. Party Gras is for a Party Atmosphere. And World of Color isn't exactly what I would call a party atmosphere. I would have rather seen just a band set up towards the center of the viewing area and play some Jazz for 45 minutes to an hour then this short presentation.

It seems like a great concept but in the completely wrong spot.
    They actually spread out and the Genie lights certain areas where that character is "their" color and you play a cheering game. It's really neat, but alot of people get left out.

• Mouse at work

I had a loong conversation with **** (a cast member) and he said a slightly better version was played for the CM preview.
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 06-10-2010 at 01:11 PM. Reason: CM name removed for privacy/board policy
    "Ian, in life, whatever you do, DO NOT give up your dreams and goals of the past, present, and future and only then will you be successful!" - Walter Elias Disney

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by firebolt413 View Post
    I had a loong conversation with **** (a cast member) and he said a slightly better version was played for the CM preview.

They weren't at the CM previews
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 06-10-2010 at 01:12 PM. Reason: CM name removed from quote

• Mouse at work

He was talking about the WoC show itself.
    "Ian, in life, whatever you do, DO NOT give up your dreams and goals of the past, present, and future and only then will you be successful!" - Walter Elias Disney

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12