Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Where i want to live: Mickeys house|Where i do live:FAR AWAY FROM THERE D:

Angry Not allowed in costume for trick or treat party, early entry!

I just got off the phone with the people at the general questions hotline, they informed me,

The "Early entry" into Disneyland park, with a wristband, and admission to the trick or treat party, you will NOT be able to be in costume, UNTIL the official event "Starts" @ 7 each night!!

If i payed this money (not yet) I should be able to wear my costume for the FULL event right?!!?

Im calling again as i type, to see if its All correct, or each CM has something different to say, if they say the same thing, i will be writing plenty of letters and calling into complain to! this is very upsetting for me as i was looking very much to this... we'll see i'll post as more info is discovered

thoughts?

EDIT:: Mixed info is what i got. i called twice, one CM told me "Yes you will be allowed in, at the early entry time, in your costume, as long as you have your wristband!" Another said "No you will not be allowed in, even with early entry, with your wristband, not until the official event starts"

Anyone else called and got told one or another? Disneys gonna get hell if they dont just choose one or another and have people show up early, to late, etc.
    Last edited by Fish_in_water; 06-09-2010 at 11:57 AM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Re: Not allowed in costume for trick or treat party, early entry!

Sounds like a management communication issue with cast members, and not all cast members have the right info. If you have paid to enter the party, AND you are using your Halloween event ticket to enter the paid Halloween event, (not a regular pass) The "Halloween event Ticket" would be sufficient to give you permission to enter DL in a costume (with the costume party rules in effect).

Of course, they won't accept Halloween Event Tickets for entry until the times they specified 3pm/4pm.

• Senior Minion

I wonder if it's an issue with the overlap hours -- incoming costumed party-goers mixing with the outgoing regular public (might relate to issues of insurance & security).

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    I wonder if it's an issue with the overlap hours -- incoming costumed party-goers mixing with the outgoing regular public (might relate to issues of insurance & security).
    Most likley. But it appears that the CM didn't understand the info well.

Maybe the rules will become more clearer as it gets closer.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

Perhaps but what a pain. So you can get in early, but then you have to leave and get your costume on then come back again? Whats the point of getting in early if you just have to turn around and go back to your motel or where ever to get ready to come back. I know the one time I went my costume didn't take that much prep but still... for some people it does.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Galactic Hero

The city that the land of the Lego's stands....

well technically they are saying early entry before park closes, when the park is open all the rules must still be enforced and followed aka no costumes if your over a certain age... in my opinion they are doing us a favor letting us in earlier and im sure if we cant wear our costumes in the early goings we can put it in a bag then change in the park.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Perhaps but what a pain. So you can get in early, but then you have to leave and get your costume on then come back again? Whats the point of getting in early if you just have to turn around and go back to your motel or where ever to get ready to come back.
    Bingo. Hopefully Forbidden Eye's point will turn out to be the result, and they'll get their communication act together.

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• I'm not really here

From what I read of their response they are saying that regular Disneyland rules apply before the event starts, regardless of what ticket you purchased. Rules for the ticketed even begin when the ticketed even begins and not before.

Curious to see which it ends up being.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Minion

just put ur costume in a locker

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandkitty View Post
    just put ur costume in a locker
    Not so easy for people who need to put on wigs, make up, etc.

• Closed Account

Not only that but the lockers aren't big enough to hold my costume parts!

I got the same yes / no answers Monday so I stopped asking and was hoping some of my CM mates can verify with their leads or managers. Same holds true to other CMs reading this! Please verify with your bosses!!

OC Register stated that we wouldn't be able to enter as well so who know which rules are correct. The last thing I am going to do is enter the park early, turn around and go home to change into my costume, and return to re-enter the park. That doesn't make sense. What they should do is just cancel the early entry.

• Nerd

Uh...isn't this theoretically kind of an event for kids? Hair and Make up? WOW! Costumes that won't fit in lockers? I'm flabbergasted.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

• hi!

Quote Originally Posted by CMHusband View Post
    Uh...isn't this theoretically kind of an event for kids? Hair and Make up? WOW! Costumes that won't fit in lockers? I'm flabbergasted.
    that's like saying Disneyland is only for kids...

but as far as this thread goes.. i dont see what the uproar is about. the event starts at 7pm. just because you're let in early doesn't mean the event starts earlier for you..
    -plagued

• "Always On The Move..."

Quote Originally Posted by CMHusband View Post
    My makeup takes over three hours to apply. AND when done correctly you would never know that I had any makeup on at all! This event is for kids of ALL AGES!

(I got the same "no costume before the regularly scheduled event" when I called.)
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

• Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by AlohaStitch View Post
    My makeup takes over three hours to apply. AND when done correctly you would never know that I had any makeup on at all! This event is for kids of ALL AGES!

(I got the same "no costume before the regularly scheduled event" when I called.)
    Impressive! I gotta admit, I'm probably just too lazy to deal with a costume. I'll be looking for you though! I'm sure its a lot of fun.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast