• Closed Account

Does anyone know how WoC Fastpasses will work for Grand Californian Hotel guests?

Al's article mentioned something about GCH guests being able to get their Fastpasses ahead of the horde.

Does anyone know how this will work?

Re: Does anyone know how WoC Fastpasses will work for Grand Californian Hotel guests?

I don't think that you will be able to get earlier access to the FP machines... but by using the GCH exclusive entrance to the park which opens as the same time as the main gates it will put you a hell of a lot close to GRR than the front gates so you will be able to grab FPs first! They also should be enforcing the hotel guests only rule for this gate which is not something that has always been done.

• Closed Account

Re: Does anyone know how WoC Fastpasses will work for Grand Californian Hotel guests?

That's not what Al's article said.

I'm not Al, but I am currently at the GCH and the procedure was just explained to me by the Front Desk personnel. This may or may not be correct, and of course could change between now and Friday morning, but the CM was specific enough and seemed to have thought through all the ramifications that I'd trust what he has to say.

Unfortunately, there will be no special access for hotel guests for WoC FPs. The Esplanade will open at 7am for all guests to form a line for the WoC FPs - whether they be a hotel guest or not. At some point before park opening at 10am (maybe 30 minutes or less), that group will be admitted through the main entrance and led over to the WoC FP machines in order. Then, at 10am, the main entrance and the hotel turnstiles will open simultaneously for regular admission.

So, hotel guests can use the hotel turnstile the same as any other day, lining up in a separate queue and then being admitted when the park opens without having to deal with the lines at the main entrance. But, before the first person gets through the hotel turnstile, the entire group that got to the main entrance early will already be in the park and in line for WoC FPs.

Since the FPs will be issued by color zone, and without the first-issued zone necessarily having a better view, there's no particular advantage in getting your FP first. But, they will issue all FPs for the first show until they run out, then issue FPs for the second show. So, the earlier you are in line the more likely it will be that you get the first show. If you don't care about which show you get, then the only downside to using the hotel turnstile is if the group that lined up early at the main entrance is large enough to take all of the FPs.

• Closed Account

So people who camp out over night in the esplanade get to take all the FPs and people who paid $400 a night to stay at the hotel get screwed?

If that's the case, I am going to seriously complain this weekend.

• Closed Account

If Disney goes through with screwing over their hotel guests this weekend I will cut up my AP and demand a refund for my stay.

• It's Been My Pleasure

You have the same opportunity as everyone else.

• Sock Puppet

does anybody know if they will let AP's in through the DCA GCH entrance and to exit?

• Grumpy is as Grumpy Does!

The whole FP thing is a mess anyway (as is ALL the viewing plans, issues with WOC)... They shoulda built a stadium like they have for F! in WDW... I wonder how they think they are going to control the rush of the crowd running to get to the FP queue or to purchse the last of the picnic lunches... They better have alot of security (CMs) with a big rope so everyone can follow them slowly down to the lines or yer going to end up with people falling and getting hurt (ala Walmart on Black Fridays!)

Quote Originally Posted by cheeseball View Post
    does anybody know if they will let AP's in through the DCA GCH entrance and to exit?
    I think the standard rules for that entrance will apply, but perhaps be enforced more than normal:

1. Hotel guests only (at any of the 3 Disney hotels) are allowed to use the GCH DCA entrance for their first entrance to DCA that day.

2. Anyone can use that gate to exit and receive a handstamp.

3. Anyone with a handstamp and a ticket can use it for re-entry that day (such as if they left the park to have lunch in the hotel).

The kind of ticket you have, AP or otherwise, has nothing to do with it.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ManaByte View Post
    If Disney goes through with screwing over their hotel guests this weekend I will cut up my AP and demand a refund for my stay.
    If your willing to pay 400 for the show, why not just get the lunch or dinner package? I have an AP and dont have 400 bucks to pay to go to this show, how would that be fair if you got to pay to get the better passes first...I don't think Walt Disney would agree with that model.

What a baby. "look at me I can afford $400 a night at a hotel. I want VIP access." Stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDry View Post
    I think the standard rules for that entrance will apply, but perhaps be enforced more than normal:

1. Hotel guests only (at any of the 3 Disney hotels) are allowed to use the GCH DCA entrance for their first entrance to DCA that day.

2. Anyone can use that gate to exit and receive a handstamp.

3. Anyone with a handstamp and a ticket can use it for re-entry that day (such as if they left the park to have lunch in the hotel).

The kind of ticket you have, AP or otherwise, has nothing to do with it.
    Let me update #3 just a bit: Anyone with a handstamp who's not staying at a Disney hotel, but has a receipt showing that they dined at a hotel restaurant, can use the GCH gate for re-entry.

The above rules are apparently being strictly enforced now because of WoC.

So people who camp out over night in the esplanade get to take all the FPs and people who paid $400 a night to stay at the hotel get screwed?
    You can't camp out in the esplanade overnight. They open it at 7am for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by ManaByte
    Consider this: there are likely far more guests in the three hotels than there are FPs available for WoC. This being the case, what if all of them went to hotel guests for the first few days? There would be someone that WASN'T staying in the hotel with an attitude similar to yours: "You mean I paid all this money for an AP, but I can't get a WoC FP unless I also fork over $400 for a hotel room? I'm cutting up my AP!"

There is now no doubt how it will be handled:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9867759@N08/4690259378/