• Is a crazeh cat

Well Done Disneyland!!

Some friends of mine who live overseas recently visited DLR and said they had an amazing time! But that is not what this is about. They told me this fantastic story which I thought I should share with you.

They were on Splash Mountain and my friend was wearing his favourite hat (it's a collectable or something) and when they went down the massive water fall his hat fell off! He was a little worried about it so he went and found the nearest CM and told him of his situation. The CM said that they would try and get someone to retrieve it but he couldnt make any promises about them finding it. My friend didnt have any high hopes about them finding the hat so he thought he would just get over it and carry on with the rest of his vacation.

They arrive back home and about a week later they recieve a package in the mail.

LOW AND BEHOLD IT'S THE HAT!!!!!

Now I think this is amazing service! They found the hat and sent it back (internationally!!!!!!!!) free of charge!!!!

I just wanted to post this and share it. Well done Disneyland CM's Well done! I dont think I will ever doubt you guys again!

Has anyone else experienced awesomeness such as this???

Re: Well Done Disneyland!!

wow, thats awesome! Maybe you could write DLR a letter telling them thanks, working in customer service, its always nice to get a "thanks" letter in the midst of all of the complaints
    Next DL trip is in 2 WEEKS!!!!!

• 1st Visit: 7/23/1955

I've previously told my "they stopped the tram" story on here when I lost my favorite hat.

It's stuff like this that makes me proud of "my" park. Glad your friends had such an extra happy experience.

• I'm Wishing...

This is just another example of how above and beyond the Disney CM's go for the park guests. I haven't even ever lost anything, and I STILL don't have enough words to express my gratitude to them.
    All it takes is a dream and a wish!

• let's talk Disney, okay!

I think i've told the story about my dad losing his Mickey Mouse watch on Splash Mountain. He reported it to lost and found. about 3 months later he got his watch back, completely water damaged and calcified, but they sent it to him!

Having worked in Customer Service the majority of my working life (8 years out of 9), I always love to hear these Disney-going-the-extra-mile stories! brings a smile to my face

The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

• Banned User

Not Disney but...

I lost my cell phone last week on Revenge of the Mummy. I thought it was gone forever. I told the CM about it and the same thing happened to me. I just got my cell phone in the package.

• world class bilge rat

I'm usually one of harshest critics of DL management, but when they have CMs take the time and effort to send lost stuff to guests, it makes me think of them in a more positive light.

Very well done!!

Rob

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Disney is the best at this, lost my phone and wrote a report and a week later i got it back!!! Thanks Disney

• sleepy lagoon

My son (Sneezy) left his new jacket on Space Mtn one night. We reported it to Lost and Found and filled out the paperwork. I honestly wasn't expecting to ever see it again, but a few days later there was a package at our door and there it was!! I was impressed... and Sneezy was happy to have his new jacket back!!

• Seeker of Fun

I wonder if they would replace the necklace that broke a week after we got home last month. My daughter picked out a Mickey birthstone necklace, and brought it home, only to find it broken a week later.

Glad to hear about your hat, that's great!
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

• Time tells the truth.

I had a co-worker tell me he had to leave and pick up his wife at DL cuz she left their 3 year olds jacket in the stroller and it was taken. (Evidently he dropped her off on his way to work.) The weather was getting chilly etc... I suggested she speak to a CM about it. He called her, she folowed the advice and the CM went above and beyond. He arranged for a replacement jacket of her choice up to $50.00. WOW they were so happy!

• Making my own Mousekteers

Talking Re: Well Done Disneyland!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4Apples4Disney View Post
    I wonder if they would replace the necklace that broke a week after we got home last month. My daughter picked out a Mickey birthstone necklace, and brought it home, only to find it broken a week later.

Glad to hear about your hat, that's great!
    Call the number for Disney merchandise on any of the receipts if you still have it. If not I'm sure someone on the board can get it for you, or if you go to the DLR site it might be there. I bet they send you one for free. This actually happened to my friend when she bought an Elliot figurine and when she got home and unwrapped it the wing had broken off. They sent her a replacement no cost. You might have to have the receipt though, I'm not sure. Even if they don't do it for free you can also purchase through that number and have it shipped.

I love the happy stories. Both as a former CM and guest I've been on the giving and receiving of awesome experiences and it's what keeps me in love with the Company.

I raise my Kitties right.... they only watch the finest shows.