Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Here's my 2 cents

Re: Space Mountain - Does The Queue "Break Show"?

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyRicky View Post
    Do people think you really go out into space?!

Don't over estimate the intelligence of the public at large. the stuff I've overheard at the Park always makes me wonder how people get thru their lives
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

• revolutionary waltz

Do people think you really go out into space?! lol Next time I go I'm gonna freak on launch and act like it's gonna really go into space.
    Maybe? I have heard some people say that Space Mountain is just like the railroad though (and not in a sarcastic manner either), so I do definitely think these warnings are necessary, at least on Disney's part. I am curious though, what would people say to make it more "on theme"? I honestly can't think of a way to describe it without losing the essential function of the description. :/

• Functional & Decorative

Do people think you really go out into space?! lol Next time I go I'm gonna freak on launch and act like it's gonna really go into space.

I don't know... on Disaster Transport at Cedar Point, Ohio, the ride is themed that you are transporting material from Ohio to Alaska. When I first rode the ride, I was very surprised when at the exit, the attendant said dryly, "Welcome to Alaska." I was like, "We made it?!?"
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• Dont make me unfriend you

It doesn't say that Space Mountain is a roller coaster, it says it "a roller coaster TYPE ride". You are in space, but it feels like a roller coaster

Do you remember Mission to the Moon or Mission to Mars? They were space type rides but nothing like Space Mountain. People can know it's a ride but really have no idea what kind of ride it is. Is it like Star Tours? Is it like Buzz? You can't see it until after you have waited in line. So, they need to tell/warn people that it's a roller coaster....

• Retired

Tomrules1955 is right.

When a little old lady can go to a drive up window, order a HOT cup of coffee, put said HOT cup of coffee in her crotch like it was a cup holder.

Then burn herself with the aforementioned HOT cup of coffee. Then sue McDonalds for HOT coffee and win…

Nuff said?

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I've always wondered what is a "roller coaster type ride" as it appears at every Disney roller coaster. Why not just call it a roller coaster? The current wording, to me, sounds like some sort of hybrid that is easily described as being "like a roller coaster".

Quote Originally Posted by Atari Adventure View Post
    Tomrules1955 is right.

When a little old lady can go to a drive up window, order a HOT cup of coffee, put said HOT cup of coffee in her crotch like it was a cup holder.

Then burn herself with the aforementioned HOT cup of coffee. Then sue McDonalds for HOT coffee and win…

Nuff said?
    That incident was not so simple a story.

• Retired

Yes it is.

Was it the first cup of coffee this lady ever ordered and intended to drink?

When they handed it to her, was it cold and then magically get hot in transit to her crotch?

At her ripe old age did she forget that hot coffee is... hot?

Reminds me of my sister in law. Many moons ago she called my mother and asked, are you ready for this... How do you know when water is boiling?

I yelled, wait till the water is popping over the top. Then stick your hand in the water, if you can hold it there for 30 seconds, it is not boiling.

That is not the answer she received.

At one time I was given the call sign "Mr. Nasty". All in good clean NAVY fun.

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    I don't mind the indoor queue..
    It's all about going into space and lift off.
    I think the feeling is conveyed well (though I did like the previous spell prior 2005 better).
    As far as having to state it (safety)
    People don't read signs.
    These are the people that like to sue b/c their hand wasn't held the whole time.

I think the crime is the outdoor queue.
    This.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Seasick

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett240 View Post
    Do you remember Mission to the Moon or Mission to Mars? They were space type rides but nothing like Space Mountain. People can know it's a ride but really have no idea what kind of ride it is. Is it like Star Tours? Is it like Buzz? You can't see it until after you have waited in line. So, they need to tell/warn people that it's a roller coaster....
    Exactly. We all know exactly what Space Mountain is, but you have to remember that there are guests at Disneyland who have never been there before, and have no idea what type of ride Space Mountain is.

Pretty much every attraction "breaks show" in the safety spiel. It's a minor thing that doesn't bother me in the slightest. Indy isn't ruined because you see a movie about how to put on your seatbelt.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by clockworkmonkey View Post
    Dear lord, where is my helmet! I can't breathe out here in the void!

I think we really should go through months of rigorous training before being allowed to ride Space Mountain.

Quote Originally Posted by tomrules1955 View Post
    Don't over estimate the intelligence of the public at large. the stuff I've overheard at the Park always makes me wonder how people get thru their lives
    THIS. The things I overhear in everyday life make me wonder how some people manage to survive one day to the next. Like Ron White once said, "You can't fix stupid."

• Seasick

Yes it is.
    No it is not. Sorry to go off topic, but you might want to read up on the infamous McDonald's hot coffee case.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    I've always wondered what is a "roller coaster type ride" as it appears at every Disney roller coaster. Why not just call it a roller coaster?
    I've always believed this is for kids. It's not a real roller coaster... it's a roller coaster type ride. So as not to freak them out about it. At least that's how I've interpreted it. Obviously they are roller coasters. They just don't look like your typical park roller coasters.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Retired

I do not believe everything I read. I also do not believe everything I see on television.

• Little Green Man

I do not believe everything I read. I also do not believe everything I see on television.
    Nor should you. But I hope you believe it's okay to assess all the facts before making hasty assumptions. (veering off topic)

I think that the posters that have highlighted that you don't see the ride vehicles until you are close are correct. I don't believe Matterhorn or Thunder Mountain need videos to show you what you're getting into. However, Space and Star Tours and Indy (and even Soarin') show videos for a reason.

• Down Pluto!

Tomrules1955 is right.

Nuff said?
    You clearly know nothing about the actual Liebeck case. There is a difference between "hot" coffee and coffee so hot it peels your skin off requiring grafts. And she didn't put it in her "crotch".

Nuff said?

Quote Originally Posted by jibbly View Post
    Nor should you. But I hope you believe it's okay to assess all the facts before making hasty assumptions. (veering off topic)
    Spot on.
    Last edited by Sambo; 06-11-2010 at 09:41 AM.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast