I'm Really Excited - The confirmation for my trip to Disneyland has come through, and I've almost maxed out the Credit Card to pay for it! (Bonus will come in handy this year...)
Anyway, normally I'm not one for these types of threads, but I'm so excited and can't wait to finally get back to Disneyland, and hopefully this time do more than my first trip, which was a two day trip in 2002, and I visited the parks more touristy and I only really remember it as a whirlwind tour. Tokyo Disneyland last year was much the same.
So this time around I want to take it slightly slower than before and spend more time to look and appreciate the MK, rather than going commando style. This time I'm also going with my Sister, who is slightly less Disneyoid as me but still enjoys listening to my rants about Corporate Disney.
Anyway, here's the sitch:
- Arriving in the US on the 15th
- Leaving Disneyland on the 20th
- Leaving US on the 24th
- Staying at the Grand Californian
- 2 Bedroom Suite (I booked the holiday to late, and I'm paying for it)
- 4 Day Park Hoppers
Rest of Trip:
- Staying 4 Days in Santa Monica (I Hope That's The Spelling) Seeing LA
Anyway, although I've hung out around MiceChat for a while now, I still don't have the knowledge of some of the boards APers (and hotel veterans), and I hope to use this thread as a means of question solving.
Here's some basic queries:
- How early will I have to make resturant reservations? This is the one thing that I'm worried about after reading some horror stories. We will be hitting breakfast as early as the resturants (Character Meals Mostly, we want to try all three hotels) open so we can make park openings to Maximise our time in the parks. We want to do Goofy's Kitchen on the 19th (Our Last Night) as well. Also, do people have other suggestions for resturants for Dinner? We dont want buffet, but we dont want Victoria and Alberts either.
- What are the Suites like? Does anybody have photo's or any information other than the official line? Trip reports would be helpfull if anybody is willing. Also, what is our view most likely to be?
- Will Fantamistic, Parade of Dreams and Remember be running at all during those dates? I've got a sinking feeling they dont run week wide, and I dont want to go in the park on the Sunday, which may be the only day they do.
- Last question today: Is there a footpath outside TDA that I can walk down to get a photo of the purple exterior, or is it all highway? Will DL security crash tackle me if I try? Same goes for looking at the Mickey and Friends Lot (Something appealing about the world's biggest parking structure)
I guess two of my Favoite attractions, the MonoRail and IASW will be down when I am there, which is a bummer.
I'm really looking forward to going to DL, and thanks in advance to those who can help.
Dr. Crane (AKA Alex)