WOC Viewing Area Breakdown?

I've heard many reviews and opinions so far on where to view WOC - would anyone have a catch-all for a breakdown of the location for the various areas and which are good/bad?

• Purple & Gold

Re: WOC Viewing Area Breakdown?

I think the most important thing to do if you want GOOD views is to get a FastPass, and get one early. Blue, yellow, and red sections are all in the Paradise Park viewing section, and are hands down the best place to watch WoC. However I think those 3 sections are also the most prone to getting soaked -- my friend was in yellow and compared it to Splash Mountain.

Orange is, I'm assuming, the overflow area since it's along the bridge, and this is where I got stuck last night. It's not the greatest place because the closer to the boardwalk you are, the less you will see of the show (since the front is pointing towards Paradise Park). It was also VERY hard for me to see over people's heads, whereas at Paradise Park you'll be looking upwards, not straight ahead. But if you get orange, stay on the end of the bridge closest to the Little Mermaid ride, and can get to the front, you'll be good.

I was listening to CMs point guests to alternate viewing areas, and they namely said TSMM and the other side of the Boardwalk -- not sure about the other side but the TSMM area is definitely a horrible place to watch it because you'd be looking at the show from behind.

You are now rockin' with the best.

• Looking for Heavens Light

I THINK I have the seating here right.

PPP Media event yesterday, now lets add some color!

So...... Green= Soak zone
    Red and Blue= good viewing spots with a light mist (Most will say blue is better)
    Yellow and Orange= Overflow
    Grey areas= Prefered standing

I was in Orange for the 9:00 show and it was actually pretty nice to see everything. I would say in order (IMHO) #1 spot: Prefered, 2: Blue, 3:Red, 4: Green (I dont mind getting wet) 5: Orange, 6: Yellow.

Hope this helps!

• Lurker

I've heard a RUMOR that the sections change color at random every day. This is supposedly to discourage selling/trading of fastpasses.

• Technological Alchemist

Quote Originally Posted by DestinationDisney View Post
    I THINK I have the seating here right.

PPP Media event yesterday, now lets add some color!

So...... Green= Soak zone
    Red and Blue= good viewing spots with a light mist (Most will say blue is better)
    Yellow and Orange= Overflow
    Grey areas= Prefered standing

I was in Orange for the 9:00 show and it was actually pretty nice to see everything. I would say in order (IMHO) #1 spot: Prefered, 2: Blue, 3:Red, 4: Green (I dont mind getting wet) 5: Orange, 6: Yellow.

Hope this helps!
    Actually Orange continues all the way up the bridge toward Ariels...

And we got SOAKED by Scar in the light gray circle.

•   

This is closer to what it has been. Pink is preferred. Oh, and pink is not an official color. It was just chosen by me to represent preferred.

Notice purple behind blue. No one has been able to tell me what that section is.
    Last edited by PhotoMatt; 06-12-2010 at 02:34 PM.

•   

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Kruse View Post
    Last night I was in the front, center, of an area just shy of the "really get wet zone" - it puts you right into the show and it's much more impressive.
    Based on that, I assume Sue purchased the dining plan. I would also assume, and only assume that the yellow and blue lines meet in the front row in that soak section.

• The Fantasyland guy

I have also heard that the color sections change. The CM's have flash lights that can change color at will.

• Nerd

When I was in BLUE, I was standing the the "Gray Circle" areas, but that was a CM viewing. I've also heard that they are changing the colors zones around all the time, even last minute in our case when we saw it.

Also. regarding getting wet. The second night I saw it, we were standing on the boardwalk (green on the above picture) all the way down, closest to the Silly Symphony side and WE GOT SOAKED. worse than splash mountain. I mean it felt like they just turned the hose on us, and we also couldn't see a lot of the video very well. Bring your plastic ponchos!!!
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

• Nill

That photo posted by photomatt seems correct.

Yellow and Red (In that photo) seem to be the best spots to watch from. I was in yellow, right by the border of Red, on the boardwalk, and it was awesome.

Sure, you get soaked at the boardwalk, but the lighting towers won't be in your view, and you get to be close and personal with the fountains.

I generally prefer to watch Fantasmic! from the back/side. (My parents were in the theater business and I've always been a backstage kind of guy)

So where would be a good place for me to see it from? Obviously, I'll try to see it from a best spot at some point, but I'm just as happy to be in the back. Is Orange bad?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    I have also heard that the color sections change. The CM's have flash lights that can change color at will.
    They have a mind of their own?

• Bring back the Keelboats!

Is there a special place for handicapp? Hubby has to ride a mobility scooter and we wouldn't want to get wet (too old and grumpy!)

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

•   

There are handicap sections in each color. Some are up front and some are not. If you are there early enough you can pick what section you want, as long as it's in your color.

However, if they fill up in your section they will move you to another as long as there is room.

• Bring back the Keelboats!

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoMatt View Post
    There are handicap sections in each color. Some are up front and some are not. If you are there early enough you can pick what section you want, as long as it's in your color.

However, if they fill up in your section they will move you to another as long as there is room.
    Thank you! We look forward to seeing the show - hopefully in July after the NFFC convention, or, next stop, end of October for our anniversary!

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!