Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• no flash photography...

Costco Southern California 4 day park hopper tickets.

If anyone is interested I saw them at Costco today. They were $199. and some change. They also came with a $50.00 Disney gift card and they expire in May 2011. I'm not sure if they have to be used in consecutive days or so many days after the first use though.

• Minion

Re: Costco Southern California 4 day park hopper tickets.

That must be a brand new offer. Up until now, they had 4-day park hopper tickets, and they did not have to be used 4 consecutive days, they could be used any 4 days until they expire. (They were not valid during the Christmas/New Year period or Spring Break, but otherwise any day). Those were only $159 and did not come with a gift card. And they were for southern California residents only. They expired on August 23, 2010. I guess with that short of a time nobody was buying them any more, so they replaced that with a new offer. At the moment nothing is on costco.com about it, so I assume they are in the process of updating. If the new one is the same as the previous offer, they can be used any 4 days until the expiration date - they do not have to be used 4 days in a row. And there may be blackout dates. But until it's online it's impossible to know the exact terms of the new offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    And there may be blackout dates. But until it's online it's impossible to know the exact terms of the new offer.
    there were block out dates. I few were listed. I only recall some were in July.

• WDW CP Spring 2013

So Cal always gets all the deals. I wish they had this at the Costcos in other parts of CA. Oh well, need to to sell those APs to locals...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana_James View Post
    So Cal always gets all the deals. I wish they had this at the Costcos in other parts of CA. Oh well, need to to sell those APs to locals...
    Evidently Disney doesn't think money coming from guests outside of SoCal isn't worth as much, since we dont get those discounts.

• Minion

I don't understand why they cater so much to southern California residents. You would think that they would offer the really good deals to people who live a lot further away, as an enticement to get them to come. Things like hotel/park packages, or hotel/park/airfare packages. If they include a hotel in the package, that is likely to target the faraway visitors, because locals are not likely to stay in a hotel- it will be just a day trip. So they should offer really good package deals that include airfare, hotel and parks, all for one really attractive price, and offer them for major markets of the U.S. I don't get their reasoning for offering southern California residents breaks all the time, since southern Californians already have it good because they do not have the expense of flying or hotels to pay.

Well, in the past, even if you weren't from S. Cal, you could still go in to a Costco in S. Cal and buy the special passes.. Does anyone know if it is only for S. Cal residents?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    I don't understand why they cater so much to southern California residents. You would think that they would offer the really good deals to people who live a lot further away, as an enticement to get them to come. Things like hotel/park packages, or hotel/park/airfare packages. If they include a hotel in the package, that is likely to target the faraway visitors, because locals are not likely to stay in a hotel- it will be just a day trip. So they should offer really good package deals that include airfare, hotel and parks, all for one really attractive price, and offer them for major markets of the U.S. I don't get their reasoning for offering southern California residents breaks all the time, since southern Californians already have it good because they do not have the expense of flying or hotels to pay.
    I agree with this. There should be deals or packages for people that are coming far away and spending much more (airfare and/or gas, lodging, etc). My family wants to take the little ones (5 and 7 years old) for their first visit, but the cost is formidable, so we've been putting it off. I would think some sort of "deal" where Disney negotiates with the Good Neighbor hotels and airlines would be a win-win; local business (restaurants, mostly), airlines, as well as Disney all get a piece of the pie, and the customer gets a break.

We have AP's but someone coming with us next time doesn't and she got the 5 days for the price of 3 for $184..... So 4 for 199 doesn't seem like a great deal to me..

Quote Originally Posted by Kyliec89 View Post
    We have AP's but someone coming with us next time doesn't and she got the 5 days for the price of 3 for $184..... So 4 for 199 doesn't seem like a great deal to me..
    It also comes with a $50.00 gift card. So, it coulod be looked at as 4 for $149.99.

This one is nice because it can be used at any time between now and may 2011 except for the block out days and there were not that many.

I'm sure there are many deals out there that will suit peoples needs.

I had to run back to Costco for something I forgot earlier. So I grabbed these pictures.

This one is a bit blurry...sorry about that.

Thanks for the photos. It seems redundant that they're offering this promo simultaneously as the 3-day $108 summer discount....

I was wondering about the "Proof of Residency required" rule. How do they enforce this? And how strictly is the rule enforced (if it is at all)? I'm from NorCal and always hear about these promos. I wanted to take advantage of them (for friends and such b/c I have an AP) but didn't know how it worked.

^ I assume it is handled like previous DLR addmissions purchased at Costco.
    1. You take that placard to the register and purchase the number of admissions.
    2. They (Costco) will give you a special receipt. (I don't think Costco takes responsibility for checking for valid zip codes).
    3. You take the receipt to the ticket booths for redemption. At that point the Disneyland ticket agent will verify zip code eligibility. If you can't prove you live in the zip codes areas...Sorry, no ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by LoonAZ View Post
    ^ I assume it is handled like previous DLR addmissions purchased at Costco.
    1. You take that placard to the register and purchase the number of admissions.
    2. They (Costco) will give you a special receipt. (I don't think Costco takes responsibility for checking for valid zip codes).
    3. You take the receipt to the ticket booths for redemption. At that point the Disneyland ticket agent will verify zip code eligibility. If you can't prove you live in the zip codes areas...Sorry, no ticket.
    Actually I just bought one of these for my husband. You take the placard to the place in COSTCO to redeem it for the ticket and gift card. (Same place you would trade in any of the placards, and it may vary from store to store) I was surprised they actually handed me a valid Disney Gift Card along with the ticket, but they did. Last time I used an offer like this I had to get the gift card at the ticket window in Disneyland, but not with this offer. You get a valid 4 day park hopper AND a $50 Disney gift card right from Costco. The days do not have to be used consecutively, and you can use them anytime until May 2011. There are some blackout dates, 4th of July weekend, Aug 22-23 (why, I have no idea!) and around Christmas/New Years, I believe.
    I thought this ticket was a great deal because of it's versatility.

BTW, no one at Costco asked if I was a So.Cal resident .. probably because I was buying it at a So. Cal Costco. YMMV

• WDW CP Spring 2013

Yeah, buying one of these tickets when you're not a SoCal resident may be risky. I bought two of the $99 Summer Fun Passes last year and had no trouble getting in (although we were both minors so that may be why they didn't check)

and on the issue of why they cater more to SoCal residents, it's my belief that they are more interested in repeat visitors than out of area guests who come every couple years. They are trying to sell more APs because there is apparently more worth in repeat guests who come and buy their food and their drinks and their merchandise.
    Last edited by Indiana_James; 06-13-2010 at 09:57 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast