Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

Re: World of Color Fastpass and Picnic review (and other stuff too)

Thanks for the great trip report Sir Clinks! It was very informative! And it looks like you and family had a lot of fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I'm going to suggest that if you want to see a later show as well, to go and get FP's about 11am and maybe that will get you fastpasses for a later show? I'm interested to try that plan out and see if it might work.
    I wanted to see the 2nd show yesterday, so I followed your suggestion. Although I arrived at the park a little later than planned, I still picked up a fastpass at 12:27pm for the 2nd show. The line for FPs was very long, but like you said, it was constantly moving. I entered the queue at 11:50am and was out by 12:27pm. For some reason, the time is stuck in my head, since it was printed on the FP itself.

Thanks again for the great report and helpful info!

• Rides against injustice

Great trip report! The wife and I were looking at getting one of those picnic lunches for when we decide to brave the WOC crowds. Just wondering, once you are let into the area is it pretty much every person for themself? In other words, do you get to stand wherever you want in your designated area or do they try to line people up in rows.
    Out of the NIGHT....
    When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
    Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
    ---------------------------------------

• Banned User

The lunch meals, as seen on your pictures Clinkc, don't look that appetizing.. nor healthy. Plus suggesting junk food as substitute food items for kids (potato chips and such) is not something that I would want my children to eat. Of course, I am sure many will enjoy these options but me? Fried food and fatty potato salads are something that I wish Disney would steer away from. Gimme veggies and more fruit/natural/heathy/low fat & calorie options.

Other than that, nice trip report. My chance to see WOC will come in mid July.

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

What vacation is all about, Fatty yummy foods. The picnic baskets just don't seem to match that.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

I ordered my picnic packs already but do they give you the food when you pick up your tickets or is it passed out at the show area????
    Disneyland Deluxe Passholder

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by kelkan View Post
    I ordered my picnic packs already but do they give you the food when you pick up your tickets or is it passed out at the show area????
    They give you your food and tickets at the same time.

Smile Re: World of Color Fastpass and Picnic review (and other stuff too)

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    The lunch meals, as seen on your pictures Clinkc, don't look that appetizing.. nor healthy. Plus suggesting junk food as substitute food items for kids (potato chips and such) is not something that I would want my children to eat. Of course, I am sure many will enjoy these options but me? Fried food and fatty potato salads are something that I wish Disney would steer away from. Gimme veggies and more fruit/natural/heathy/low fat & calorie options.

Other than that, nice trip report. My chance to see WOC will come in mid July.
    Hi this is my first post. Um yeah I'm going later today for WOC with the picnic meal and we are getting the Medditeranean Veggie which from what I can tell looks to be pretty healthy. I'll let you know how it is. I'm not a huge fan of fried chicken and potato salad myself so that's why we went with the veggie. So here's to hoping it's at the very least tasty. And thank you for all the feedback about everyones experiences it's given me a good idea of what to expect when I go see the show tonight I'm excited!
    Last edited by Andi; 06-18-2010 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Typo

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Andi View Post
    Hi this is my first post. Um yeah I'm going later today for WOC with the picnic meal and we are getting the Medditeranean Veggie which from what I can tell looks to be pretty healthy. I'll let you know how it is. I'm not a huge fan of fried chicken and potato salad myself so that's why we went with the veggie. So here's to hoping it's at the very least tasty.
    Yes, I will look foward to reading what you have to say about this. I made my reservations for mid july to have dinner at Ariel's. Question: have anyone done the dinner package option at Ariel's? What is the fixed menu there? Anyone? Bueller?

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    What vacation is all about, Fatty yummy foods. The picnic baskets just don't seem to match that.
    Yah, when I do Disney I figure that A. I am on Vacation and B. I am walking so much that I need an extra few calories to burn
    Jewish American Disney Princess

Quote Originally Posted by JADP View Post
    Yah, when I do Disney I figure that A. I am on Vacation and B. I am walking so much that I need an extra few calories to burn
    Totally agree!!! No diets on vacation at Disney for SURE! lol

• Shifting cargo

Wonderful pictures. I can already tell that I am going to hate the Glow Fest. When I walk around HPB, I want to feel that old Hollywood vibe but instead I'm going to get the rave vibe. I don't like it!

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

• Glad to hear: Flynn Lives

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask this or not, but for the WOC Fastpasses -- I know that the people have to already have been in the park that day.

The question is, does this have to be DCA? Could the rest of my party be in Disneyland Park while I go over and get in line at DCA for World of Color fastpasses? Otherwise, we are going to have one day on our trip to try to see WOC instead of multiple. One in my party is in a wheelchair, so it makes all of this that much more complicated.
    Daffy: How's this for a new team name: The Ducks!
    Bugs: Please! What kind of Mickey Mouse organization would name their team The Ducks?

Quote Originally Posted by RedHandedJill View Post
    Wonderful pictures. I can already tell that I am going to hate the Glow Fest. When I walk around HPB, I want to feel that old Hollywood vibe but instead I'm going to get the rave vibe. I don't like it!
    Totally agree.
    While the "glow" look might be nice at night in the dark...
    During the day, those decorations just look like... well, cheap and gawdy.
    Couldn't they have just done lights that would only show up at night rather than the "cardboard" cookycutter designs that trash the place up?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234