Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• The Study of Wumbo

Re: Show concept for Hyperion Theatre

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    The second show in the Hyperion was Blast! and was not any type of traditional musical, either, So something non traditional could work. But Blast had an obvious fan base before it even came to the Hyperion. And of course built additional fans, durning its short tenure.
    Don't forget, it also ran in Epcot's America Gardens Theater before coming to the rescue in DCA.
    -Hale (wumbology)

a.k.a. h2mc, omnimover.mousetalgia, omnimover, wumbology, hogbackmtn, hhmcsharry, Hale M., h2m, h2mc

(I've never visited Disneyland Resort, Tokyo Disney Resort, Disneyland Resort Paris, nor Hong Kong Disneyland Resort, so don't be fooled when I pretend to know what I'm talking about. [But I'm pretty good with the information, if I do say so myself. And you can hit me all you want with Walt Disney World.])

• Higitus Figitus

-Lone Ranger might be cool to make into a show and it'd be completely new
    -Mulan would have great costumes and effects
    -Hunchback of Notre Dame is definitely something I'd like to see in the park, I feel its underrepresented
    -Oliver and Co has some great songs for a musical
    -JAMES AND THE GIANT PEACH!!!!!
    or just stick with a classic like Peter Pan, always a magical stage show.
    If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.

Why not change Aladdin to something different like Hercules? That movie has AMAZING songs like Go The Distance and Zero To Hero, and it would be cool to see Hercules riding Pegasus above the audience.
    Last edited by EndOfLine18; 06-30-2010 at 08:04 AM.

" I fight for the users"

• Jungle explorer

Then why not create a musical about Walt coming to Hollywood, and seeing all these characters in his head, the stuggles he went thru! Tell the story of how this man created the empire he did from the humble beginnings! Gosh, I have a MILLION images in my head right now about how well that could be pulled off!

A Disney "Sunday in the Park with George", if you will!
    this is probably the most fantastic idea that has ever been suggested on micechat. (Although by description, this sounds an awful lot like one man's dream, but I could be wrong considering that I have never seen that show)

but I completely understand the Million images you can get from that. definitely to incorporate the soon-to-be characters into the "imagination" of walt as he struggles through some events in his biography (like him being kicked out of the animation business because of his inventing a new method, as well as the carusel moment where he creates the idea for disneyland) would be the most cohesive fantastic story that has ever hit disney.

I completely agree. I can totally see this as being one of the best musicals ever. I don't even care if it goes to the hyperion, I WANT THIS TO BE A MUSICAL!!!

Say goodbye to the people onshore because you will never see them again...

then again you've probably never seen them before

Check out my first trip report! It's full to the brim with epicness.
    AND HERE IS MY NEWEST TRIP REPORT!!! It's better because it's new. and in space.

Hey Look! I'm onYouTube

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by who-me View Post
    I always thought the Blue Man Group would be an awesome addition and now especially with WOC.
    That would be awesome!!!

I dont even remember when BLAST was there, but i assume nobody cared for that.

• Future Disney Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by padgerfan View Post
    That would be awesome!!!

I dont even remember when BLAST was there, but i assume nobody cared for that.
    I saw BLAST and it was amazing!! I cared for it very much, and I was only 7 or 8 when I first saw it. We bought their DVD after that, and it brings so many memories watching them doing the same show. However, the Blue man group would be fantastc to host, and there would be a fully packed theater every show!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12