Page 1 of 42 12341126 ... LastLast

Water Falls at Disneyland- The Good, the Bad and everything else (merged)

I sent an email to Disney asking them to please don`t take down the water falls at the Disneyland hotel. Here is their reply. I don`t think my one vote will make any difference. I`m sure there is a financial reason behind it. If anyone else wants to voice their opinion you can go to Disney`s website and go to Contact Us to send an email.

Dear Jerry:

Thank you for your e-mail to the DISNEYLAND® Resort.

We appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts with us
    regarding the water falls at the DISNEYLAND® Hotel. As you are aware,
    our goal is to provide the finest products, service and accommodations.
    Please be assured we take your comments very seriously. Your remarks
    have been forwarded to the necessary leadership team so they are aware
    of your feedback.

Again, thank you for contacting us. Comments such as yours are welcomed
    in that they assist us in evaluating our operation and our success in
    generating happiness for our Guests. We hope you will have the
    opportunity to visit the DISNEYLAND® Resort soon and that our
    attractions and entertainment will delight you in every way.

Sincerely,

Adriana Sandino
    DISNEYLAND® Resort
    Guest Communications

Received date: 6/13/10

• The 'Big Dreams' Kid

re: Water Falls at Disneyland- The Good, the Bad and everything else (merged)

Nice. I absolutely love the water falls and I can't imagine what it would be like without them.

I hope they re-consider...

• Banned User

It's change for the better in my opinion.

• Parking Lot > DCA

I REALLY hope they decide to change their mind here. I think using the excuse
    "They take up too much energy, and don't fit the theme of the hotel." doesn't cut it. Especially if they are just going to fill the hole and make a lawn out of it. I like to try and stop by there every trip to the DLR, it is a nice change of scenery. I am going to be very bummed when this happens, and I hope anyone who is interested in keeping them shoots Disney an email. I know that it may not make an affect, but it never hurts to try!

• ohai

Ehh, most of the email looks like a template they use!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I wish there was something we could do. Clearly, getting rid of the unique waterfalls and koi ponds in favor of an ugly metal slide (lightly themed to the monorail) is not a step up for the Hotel.

They sure are spending a lot of money to make that area less themed. Sort of reminds me of what they did to the Disney Stores right before they all started getting shut down.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Sock Puppet

It's a really stupid move for them. The problem is the falls aren't opened at night, when they look their best. They've really hurt themselves with that.

The e-mail is definitely a template though. It's the same response people were sent when complaining about Miley in the Lincoln attraction.

• Bring back the Keelboats!

We were just in the Falls a couple of months getting some lovely pictures. What a shame if they are taken down! Hopefully they will change their minds.

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Absolutely! Save the themeing of the Waterfalls and Koi Pond ~ they would work perfectly with the new Adventureland theme bar/restaurant that will be going in! And you can get a MUCH better view of the backside of water, in MULTIPLE LOCATIONS in the falls area!

Just say NO! To the antiseptic/surgery room look of the proposed ugleee stairs of the new waterslide. And say NO! to the removal of DLR 2nd Skull Rock!

• ---------------

Looks like a standard e-mail from Disney.

A form letter w/ a fill in the blank section/line.
    The first sentence covers what you wrote about.
    The rest is just a fill in that spreads love and joy to all.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by Goliath View Post
    It's a really stupid move for them. The problem is the falls aren't opened at night, when they look their best. They've really hurt themselves with that.
    That's because at night the caverns are poorly lit, wet ad slippery....I went over the chain. I did not get hurt. I could imagine some may though. They were fun at night. I don't recall if the falls were on or not though. This was many, many years ago after a few drinks at the cactus bar.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by dmtnt55 View Post
    Nice. I absolutely love the water falls and I can't imagine what it would be like without them.

I hope they re-consider...
    Agreed.

• Minion

heh...

The falls are looking kinda musty and dirty down in their little alcove. I think the change is for the better, as I'm sure the maintenance budget for them is high and the money could go to more important and nicer things.

Just my opinion though, which I know isn't the most popular! haha

• Addicted to Disney

Since I live so close to Disneyland, I've never taken a real "vacation" there. So, I've never been in the Disneyland hotel and I don't really care what they do to it.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    It's change for the better in my opinion.
    Agreed. Nostalgia is an invalid excuse to keep an aspect/attraction alive.

Don't stop progress please!

Page 1 of 42 12341126 ... LastLast