Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

These are all so sad. Luckily Ive never had anything stolen (knock on wood) and hopefully I never will.

• Sock Puppet

The most we've ever had stolen is our strollers (The ones you rent) without anything in it. People are so dumb. They are either too cheap to rent their own, or they've had theirs stolen, so they think they need to retaliate on somebody who had nothing to do with it! People are so childish.

• Yes ... Wicked! ;)

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by DznyVan
    Disney does have a nice policy (don't know how well it is promoted though) about replacing items for the guests that have been lost or taken from them while in the Parks.

Sorry ... but there is no policy about cast members replacing items. The cast members in these instances have all done it to make magic and out of the kindness of their own hearts. When you look carefully at that fine red printing on all tickets ... it says ... Disneyland Resort is not responsible for lost and/or stolen property.

I advise anyone I know to take anything that they hold near and dear to them on an attraction with them. It amazes me sometimes ... the things people will leave in strollers. (Cameras, Cell Phones, Wallets and Purses!) Disneyland is the Happiest Place on Earth ... but sometimes dis-honest people come through our gates.

Also ... just another FYI about lost items ... lost tickets are like lost cash! Hold on to them, no matter what!! You need them for FastPass and if you ever leave the park ... to come back in ... they'll wanna see you handstamp AND ticket! (They are both used, the same way that the real world uses two forms of identification!)

• Quality not quantity

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherPixie
    Who would take someones things, use them without regard then dump them off at Lost and Found?

Not that this is really important to the issue, but I doubt the theif was the one that turned them into lost and found. I'd guess that when they were through with the items they just dropped them somewhere and another guest or cast member found them and dropped by lost and found.

• Quality not quantity

Quote Originally Posted by WickedQueen
    Sorry ... but there is no policy about cast members replacing items.
    No surprise there. I'd imagine that if there was such a policy then few if any thieves would bother stealing from the guests.

• That's Hawt

Well, that lack of policy goes to show you that some CM's do take their job with a sense of pride, willing to go out of their way to make your trip, and I think that is what DL is about.
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

We watched our new stroller being stolen right in front of the Main St Train Station about 8 years ago. This was before Ca Adventure and Downtown Disney was there, when you literally walked out of the park and into the parking lot. We were coming off the train and walking down the steps when we saw a 13 year old kid look around and then grab our stroller and head to the main gate. My sons dad ran and caught him and after taking him backstage it was determined that he was part of a stroller theft ring. Apparently at the time adults would get these kids to round up strollers and bring them to a van in the lot. They would ransack them and resell them, keeping any other loot found in the storage areas. There was nothing of value except my sons change of clothes and snacks but I was furious!!...it was that whole mother bear thing. I imagine it's much harder to do that now with parking so far away but it sounds like strollers are still easy targets. It sure did spoil the magic too seeing the OC PD sub station back stage.
    ~~Second star to the right and straight on til morning~~

5 out of 4 people have a problem with fractions :confused:

• Back home :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville
    I think that we all need to grow up when it comes to this. Disney can create an innocent experience, but not the people in it. We were naive to think there is any more honesty inside a theme park.We would blindly leave camcorders under sweaters in strollers, etc. "Get a locker" Ii'd say to myself. But I was either too lazy or had a Pollyanna Martini (Tastes like Apple Pie). We were fortunate that we never lost our stroller or it's contents.
    I totally agree with you on this. I've never understood why people would leave things (especially expensive camcorders and cameras and merchandise) totally unattended. I figure the less I have on me, the better.

Now, I will say that we don't have children - so when the hubby and I head to the parks, he's got his wallet and I've got a small bag with my camera, umbrella and such in it. This bag is awesome because it's double zippered AND cute!

I work two jobs right now, one of them I spend some time working on theft issues at a major retailer. You would be amazed how ballsy some people are... they'll be in full view and put something in their bag and walk out. I hate to sound paranoid, but you really can't trust people. (Maybe it's the job that makes me paranoid ) Yes, you do find that most people at DL are awesome, friendly and there to have a good time. However, there are still theives.

You have to remember that even though DL is awesome and magical, they still let the real world in. If you want to keep it, keep it on you. It's sad it has to be that way, but unfortunately that's the way it is now... and yes, I still love those Pollyanna Martinis... however, the effect doesn't seem to last as long as it used to!

I always no matter where i am. L.A is bad too! which i go down there often I always keep my wallet in my front pocket, I have felt pocketers in my back pocket looking for my wallet before, tricked them good! I also take cousins and relatives and friends to Disneyland often and alwasy remind them to either get a locker, best bet! or carry it with them. Never had anyone accually steal anything from or off me. Lint mabey!
    Current DL Entertainment Technical Services

Former DCA Attractions CM

• DL Fanatic

Sequoia National Park, CA (trying to get to Orange County)
    Not only do I put my wallet in my front pocket, I also keep my hand in there as well. That way if any guy thinks he's going into my pocket, he's gonna be trapped with a little more.

For some reason no one's tried it yet.
    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

• The Magics in the details

Sad stories about lost items, especially about the Sweaters that turned up filthy after being lost, but a few Words to the Wise. The disneyland resort does not/cannot be responsible for what guests that come in do, although the sizable security force does what they can. Just like at the mall, or by the public pool, or anywhere else where people of all walks of life come together, WATCH your belongings, and if you don't want to watch them, then carry them or lock them in a place you have reasonable assurance is secure. Believe it or not, there are some people young, old, middleaged, that buy APs and come in regularly just to look for strollers, purses, unattended bags, etc. It's like a business for them. Sever of them have dossiers with APD and DL Security, but more and more pop up each day. They love to work the areas that are dark, or near attractions where they know people will be away for a long while. That little storage pouch in the stroller is for transport of items, not for secure storage. Be smart, be aware.
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome!
    Disneyland is Your Land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and youth can saver the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy an inspiration to all the world.
    "
    -- Walter Elias Disney, July 17, 1955 approx 4:35PM

And the old folks think we are just trying to act cool psssh! Its Wallet Protection and bad skate shoes.
    Current DL Entertainment Technical Services

Former DCA Attractions CM

• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

DO NOT LEAVE ITEMS OF VALUE IN STROLLERS UNATTENDED, EVER!

Ok, I'm getting off my soap box now...
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

• Tour Ship Pilot

Everyone has a price and some folks just have a lower one. How secure would you be leaving a stroller with a camcorder in it in front of say,the Chinese Theater in Hollywood?? How secure would you feel setting your bag full of expensive souviners out of your sight on Venice Beach?? I bet the answer to both is not very secure at all. You have to remeber that given a big enough target even an honest person becomes a thief,just because you are at the park dosent mean this simple rule is gonna change. Heres an Idea-DONT BRING MORE JUNK THAN YOU CAN CARRY!!! it gets old seeing strollers loaded with enough junk to mount a 3 week expidition into the the wilds of Borneo.Use common sense and leave the extra junk behind,or lock it up in the car or a locker,is that extra trip to the lot or back to Main Street really gonna kill you?? You leave all that stuff out you dont just tempt thieves,you help add fuel to the fire and CREATE more!!

-rant ends here-
    REMOVE TAG BEFORE FLIGHT

Left the church, but not the parishioners.
    My balloon was once stolen right in front of me when I was about 5 years old. My parents kept it tied to the stroller, so that it wouldn't interfere with rides. Later in the afternoon, we just finished up on POTC, and came out to find a man untying my balloon. My dad said, "Hey, that's my daughter's balloon." To which the man actually replied, "Yeah, but my kid wants one and we can't afford it. Go buy another one." And he took off with it. My dad told the nearest CM what happened, and I'm not sure if the man was ever caught. How could someone stoop so low?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast