View Poll Results: Would you like to see "Bambi" get its own attraction(s) at The Disneyland Resort?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

58 48.33%
  • No!

27 22.50%
  • Unsure.

16 13.33%
  • No opinion/don't care.

19 15.83%
  • Other.

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Arrow No Love For "Bambi" At The Disneyland Resort

"Bambi" - a Disney film with lovable characters and memorable scenes. From Thumper's "thumpin'" (and you know that's why they call him Thumper!) and Bambi "walkin' on air" in love, to learning how to "ice skate" and running to save their lives, the characters of "Bambi" deserve recognition within The Disneyland Resort.

Would you, my fellow MiceChatters, like to see a "Bambi" attraction at The Disneyland Resort? If so, would this/these attraction(s) be a dark ride or some other type of fun? Would this/these new attraction(s) replace an already existing attraction? If so, which one(s)?

Or, do you have no desire to see "Bambi" represented at The Disneyland Resort with its own attraction? If not, please explain your reason(s). Does the film not have enough memorable scenes in your opinion?

Let's talk it out, folks! I'm interested to hear your opinions.

- Q4D

• Established 2005

Re: No Love For "Bambi" At The Disneyland Resort

I was elated with his inclusion in WOC. I do love the story and think it is well suited to Critter Country. No?!

Whoops, I just noticed a typo in the poll question. Is there a way an admin or a mod could remove the word "the" before "Bambi"?

Thanks!

- Q4D

• Minion

the movie is disturbing to me because of Little April Showers and the sad moments, no thankyou for a Bambi ride

• Free Shuttle to DL

With Bambi, I think it would depend on how they went about it. It could easily turn out terrible. Maybe a small wooded area somewhere in the park could be themed with a few characters, much to the affect of the Snow White's Wishing Well. Not a whole ride. I don't think that would be good at all.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

A walk-through similar to Sleeping Beauty Castle would be enough for me to represent The Bambi.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• let's talk Disney, okay!

memorable characters, memorable moments, but cohesive storyline to create an engaging ride? I don't think so.

The movie is more a collection of scenes than a movie with a linear storyline.

It'd be like creating a dark ride for Fantasia.

But I am happy about his inclusion in WoC. I do feel that as a Classic character he is underrepresented!

The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    A walk-through similar to Sleeping Beauty Castle would be enough for me to represent The Bambi.
    Smarta--!

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

I certainly don't see why not. Wouldn't harm me or the parks none.

• Banned User

Cinderella doesn't get any love either except now in World of Color. I don't think EVERY single Disney movie needs an entire attraction dedicated to it.

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Bibbidi Boppity Boutique is Cinderella themed. It's not necessarily enough to leave an impression but I suppose it isssss there.

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

I know that many people do not like the movie Bambi because his mother dies. I do like the movie, because it tells the story about the span of a character's life. They are born, they learn to walk, and talk, they make friends, fall in love, learn how to deal with tragedy, and move on to repeat the entire process over again with the birth of their own offspring.

I used to turn on the movie when my grandson was a baby, and I would rock him to sleep. I love the April Showers music.

I agree that retelling the story with a dark ride would be in poor taste. However, I like the other two previously mentioned ideas, such as a walkthrough, and or a wooded scene. Critter Country would indeed be a nice place for a tribute to the story of Bambi.
    My Next Disneyland Vacation - ​May 29, 2014 - June 5, 2014

My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Banned User

Personally I don't think a dark ride would really work because of like what DubiousEndevors said, it really doesn't have a good, linear storyline. That's also the misfits of the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, it's just a bunch of scenes crammed together to make a dark ride. Plus, like some people mentioned it would be too depressing. After all Disneyland is the crappiest place on- Oops. My bad, that's Six Flags. I ment to say Disneyland is the happiest place on earth. Scenes with the forest fire, Bambi's mom getting shot...it would just be too depressing. I say the only logical fit for a Bambi attraction would be a Toy-Story Midway Mania-ish ride where you would don your 3-D glasses, board your Hunting jeep and start shooting up Bambi's mother.

• Senior Minion

Wait... don't they already have one?

"Your mother can't be with you any more."

(With apologies to Mac Daddy!)
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Banned User

Where i want to live: Mickeys house|Where i do live:FAR AWAY FROM THERE D:

Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid112 View Post
    Personally I don't think a dark ride would really work because of like what DubiousEndevors said, it really doesn't have a good, linear storyline. That's also the misfits of the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, it's just a bunch of scenes crammed together to make a dark ride. Plus, like some people mentioned it would be too depressing. After all Disneyland is the crappiest place on- Oops. My bad, that's Six Flags. I ment to say Disneyland is the happiest place on earth. Scenes with the forest fire, Bambi's mom getting shot...it would just be too depressing. I say the only logical fit for a Bambi attraction would be a Toy-Story Midway Mania-ish ride where you would don your 3-D glasses, board your Hunting jeep and start shooting up Bambi's mother.
    i thought bambi's mom is in the back of the shooting gallery

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast