View Poll Results: Do you miss the 50th Anniversary Fireworks?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, please DL bring it back!

    18 66.67%
  • Nope...

    9 33.33%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 35
  1. #16

    • Future Indy Castmember
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Torrance, California, United States
    Posts
    5,549

    Re: Does anyone else miss the 50th Anniversary Fireworks?

    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousEndeavors View Post
    YEEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!

    Best firework soundtrack EVER!

    And it wasn't hub-centric, am I correct? I remember they used to pump the music down the Fantasyland Parade corridor!
    I regret seeing Believe Thers Magic in the Stars only once.

    And yes, Believe wasn't hub-centric. RDCT is the only firework show to be hub centric.



    Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011



    The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

  2. #17

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    801

    Re: Does anyone else miss the 50th Anniversary Fireworks?

    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousEndeavors View Post
    YEEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!

    Best firework soundtrack EVER!

    And it wasn't hub-centric, am I correct? I remember they used to pump the music down the Fantasyland Parade corridor!
    You didn't miss as much by not being in the hub. You only missed Tinker Bell (she made two appearances). In front of IASW is my favorite place to watch fireworks, but with the new shows you feel like you're missing so much by not being in front of the castle.

  3. #18

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brea, CA
    Posts
    3,654

    Re: Does anyone else miss the 50th Anniversary Fireworks?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    I regret seeing Believe Thers Magic in the Stars only once.

    And yes, Believe wasn't hub-centric. RDCT is the only firework show to be hub centric.
    I disagree. I think all the fireworks shows are hub-centric right now. RDCT because of the effects, Magical! because of the castle lighting and Tink/Dumbo, Halloween Screams because of Zero and the big globe, and BIHM because of the snow finale on the castle.

    Just my opinion though.

  4. #19

    • Future Indy Castmember
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Torrance, California, United States
    Posts
    5,549

    Re: Does anyone else miss the 50th Anniversary Fireworks?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    I disagree. I think all the fireworks shows are hub-centric right now. RDCT because of the effects, Magical! because of the castle lighting and Tink/Dumbo, Halloween Screams because of Zero and the big globe, and BIHM because of the snow finale on the castle.

    Just my opinion though.
    When I read it, I figured he meant fireworks to be hub centric prior to RDCT.



    Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011



    The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

  5. #20

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brea, CA
    Posts
    3,654

    Re: Does anyone else miss the 50th Anniversary Fireworks?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    When I read it, I figured he meant fireworks to be hub centric prior to RDCT.
    Oooohhhh, I see. I agree with that then. Carry on...

  6. #21

    • let's talk Disney, okay!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,150

    Re: Does anyone else miss the 50th Anniversary Fireworks?

    *
    Last edited by DubiousEndeavors; 06-16-2010 at 04:21 PM. Reason: double post


    The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

    Walt Disney World College Program, Spring 2005, Entertainment

  7. #22

    • let's talk Disney, okay!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,150

    Re: Does anyone else miss the 50th Anniversary Fireworks?

    Quote Originally Posted by clippers6 View Post
    You only missed Tinker Bell (she made two appearances).
    I thought this was when she was still a one-shot zipline. Cause you could still see her from fantasyland!


    The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

    Walt Disney World College Program, Spring 2005, Entertainment

  8. #23

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,387

    Re: Does anyone else miss the 50th Anniversary Fireworks?

    I don't miss it playing during the summer. It was great while it lasted, but new things need to come in eventually.

  9. #24

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Where i want to live: Mickeys house|Where i do live:FAR AWAY FROM THERE D:
    Posts
    407

    Re: Does anyone else miss the 50th Anniversary Fireworks?

    Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    I disagree. I think all the fireworks shows are hub-centric right now. RDCT because of the effects, Magical! because of the castle lighting and Tink/Dumbo, Halloween Screams because of Zero and the big globe, and BIHM because of the snow finale on the castle.

    Just my opinion though.
    Halloween screams, They do the jack skellington/more projections on IASW and Fantasmic!'s mist screens.

    yeah RDCT and Magical! are both hub centric.

  10. #25

    • Hukuna Matata!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Phoenix Arizona
    Posts
    3,789

    Re: Does anyone else miss the 50th Anniversary Fireworks?

    I join the Miss its

  11. #26

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    35

    Re: Does anyone else miss the 50th Anniversary Fireworks?

    Play Magical when the crowds are low and bring back RDCT during the summer because it is far and away the best of DL fireworks.

  12. #27

    • Future Disney Imagineer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    3,574

    Re: Does anyone else miss the 50th Anniversary Fireworks?

    I've never ever seen RDCT, because Every time I went to the park, we either had to leave early, or the show was canceled due to "strong winds at high altitudes"...

  13. #28

    • Disney Fan & Musician
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,764

    Re: Does anyone else miss the 50th Anniversary Fireworks?

    I actually prefer Halloween Screams.
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

  14. #29

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    801

    Re: Does anyone else miss the 50th Anniversary Fireworks?

    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousEndeavors View Post
    I thought this was when she was still a one-shot zipline. Cause you could still see her from fantasyland!
    She made an appearance towards the beginning of the show as well, but just as a light that flies around the castle (like a firefly). It was neat, but not a huge loss if you missed it.

  15. #30

    • let's talk Disney, okay!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    1,150

    Re: Does anyone else miss the 50th Anniversary Fireworks?

    Quote Originally Posted by clippers6 View Post
    She made an appearance towards the beginning of the show as well, but just as a light that flies around the castle (like a firefly). It was neat, but not a huge loss if you missed it.
    you are right. I nearly forgot. well played!

    And, correct me, MC, if I am wrong. But wasn't Imagine the first fireworks show that the fireworks "danced to the music" or however Disney put it?


    The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

    Walt Disney World College Program, Spring 2005, Entertainment

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Pictures] I miss the 50th Anniversary!!
    By Lalalex in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 08-27-2009, 10:11 PM
  2. Remember... Fireworks after the 50th?
    By daisydog in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-03-2006, 12:56 PM
  3. 07-20 NFFC Celebrates First Anniversary of Disneyland’s 50th Anniversary
    By Chuck Oberleitner in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-20-2006, 01:29 PM
  4. 50th Fireworks Testing!!!!!!
    By Disneyphile in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: 04-24-2005, 09:15 PM
  5. Will I miss the 50th?
    By BugsBunny in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-01-2005, 04:58 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •