Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Angry It sucks to watch 2nd showing of WOC - Fastpass FLAWS! Ruining the show.

Hey guys,

I think it sucks for people that are waiting to watch the 2nd or 3rd showing of World of Color. Why? Because if you are waiting to watch the 2nd showing of WOC, and you got a fastpass that states that you must be here between 9pm and 9:30pm at the Winery (depending on where you have to meet up).

The people that have to wait near the Winery/Blue Sky Cellar basically can hear the full soundtrack of WOC and they can probably see some or all of the effects that is being played at 9pm.

So, when they go in to watch the 10:15 show, they will already know what's coming up. Especially during the Hell fire scene.

For me, I think they should let people wait and stand in the red shaded area that I color in. This will make sure they can't see the effect of the water show. The orange shaded section is where people that are waiting for the 10:15 show must wait.

*Here's my video that I recorded near the bug life entrance during the Hell Fire scene. As u can see all the Blue fast passes people are all line up to the left side waiting for the 10:15 show.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfGcijfU-hU"]YouTube- World of Color - Hell Fires seen from Bug Land Entrance HD[/ame]

After seeing 5 shows of WOC, I'm still not tired of it. I want more.
    Last edited by SoCalbma; 06-16-2010 at 08:33 PM.
    My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

Re: It sucks to watch 2nd showing of WOC - Fastpass FLAWS! Ruining the show.

I waited in front of the Golden Vine Winery for the 2nd showing on Saturday and I really could not see much of the effects at all, you just see the top of the fountains and the fun wheel. I could hear the music, but all it did was make me more anxious to see the show even more.

• hi!

my party simply turned around and talked about stuff while in line for the second showing.. also made friends with a nice family as we talked about our less than desirable experience with the picnic meals

and WoC is a public show.. it's not like it's confined to a room or a theater. i dont see it any different for someone waiting to see the second showing of fantasmic by waiting around for the first one to end..
    -plagued

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

we were eating and could hear things.
    It didn't ruin anything.

Also, moving them to the area that you talked about will cause more of a traffic jam. It's already busy in that area w/ ppl trying to reach the food court area and getting to bugs land.

I've seen it twice (video and live stream) and in person.
    I've seen my fair share.
    If they change it, I MIGHT think about seeing WOC again.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• hi!

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    we were eating and could hear things.
    It didn't ruin anything.

Also, moving them to the area that you talked about will cause more of a traffic jam. It's already busy in that area w/ ppl trying to reach the food court area and getting to bugs land.

I've seen it twice (video and live stream) and in person.
    I've seen my fair share.
    If they change it, I MIGHT think about seeing WOC again.
    if i can sway your decision, i'd suggest trying a different viewing area than ones you've already watched it from.

from my experience, not that im saying either one is better -- but watching from the middle and seeing the in-audience effects and the farther broader scope of the show versus seeing it from the very front row up close and personal (and wet) were very different experiences for me.

trying to catch the show from different angles and distances is a little game i'll be playing to increase the re-watchability of the show for me
    -plagued

Thumbs down Re: It sucks to watch 2nd showing of WOC - Fastpass FLAWS! Ruining the show.

I saw it Saturday on "Preferred Viewing" and it also ruins the experience, since I saw it on Thursday (Media Night) I told my party to go down to Glow Fest so they wouldn't be spoiled. But it SUPER SUCKS that Fastpass (Blue) and Preferred Viewing get spoiled by the 9:00pm show, it just SUCKS. (Other fans also were bothered by this Saturday)

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

At this point there has been so much talk and so many videos out there I don't think there are many surprizes left for anyone who hasn't seen it. Even if they haven't watched any of the videos or read anything about it, just waiting off to the side is not going to take the magic away from actually watching it from the proper vantage point.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Love HD videos!

Here's my video that I recorded near the bug life entrance during the Hell Fire scene. As u can see all the Blue fast passes people are all line up to the left side waiting for the 10:15 show.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfGcijfU-hU]YouTube - World of Color - Hell Fires seen from Bug Land Entrance HD[/ame]

• Sock Puppet

This is a really good point. I've only seen a 9pm, so it hadn't occurred to me how bad this suck for people.

Btw, AsianBma. Maybe it's your icon and smileys, but there is something about your posts that I find absolutely adorable. haha.

• Love HD videos!

AsianBma. Maybe it's your icon and smileys, but there is something about your posts that I find absolutely adorable. haha.
    My avatar of Chip and Dale represent that I/we are twins

I was at Wine County Saturday night, dinning outside and had show pass for 10:15 show. I was a little surprised to be able to hear the soundtrack from the 9:00 PM so clearly durring our dinner. We made it a point to engage in a lot of conversation to avoid spoiling our experience. For the most part, it worked. "Prefered Viewing" dinning package worked out great... Blue section, towards the back. World of Color was simply amazing. Epic, emotional, inspirational, the complete package.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

If it really bugs you that much, then don't look at it and talk with the people you are with. It drowns out the music mostly.

• hi!

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    If it really bugs you that much, then don't look at it and talk with the people you are with. It drowns out the music mostly.
    this is what i did.. it really does work. when you hear a big loud epic note in the soundtrack it does tempt you to turn around and look.. but you must resist!

and this is totally off topic, but your latest tweet in your sig just brought sunshine into my day, even if it is just hope.
    -plagued

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Pretty cool video. I kinda wanted to see how "big" or "small" the show looked from a distance in other areas of the DCA park.
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
    Pretty cool video. I kinda wanted to see how "big" or "small" the show looked from a distance in other areas of the DCA park.
    Nice to see you posting again.
    It's been awhile.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast