View Poll Results: Which is the best choice for Alcohol at the Disneyland Resort

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Disneyland Liquor License Only

1 1.59%
  • DCA Liquor License Only

29 46.03%
  • Special Events Only

12 19.05%
  • No Alcohol

21 33.33%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Alcohol at the Disneyland Resort

This thread is pretty simple. I want to know what you think of Alcohol being served at DCA. Glowfest is only one topic to consider here. Also, the beer garden concept and the Food and Wine festival are topics worth considering.

Thoughts?

• in the Golden Afternoon

Re: Alcohol at the Disneyland Resort

I don't think alcohol is the best thing to have in a family resort. Unless of course people have a drink or two and they can still act respectably...but unfortunately, not everyone can.

However, DTD is alright.

• Senior Minion

I have no problem with it at DCA -- it is, after all, DCA. (I think the execution of GlowFest is beyond tacky, but the dispensing of booze is the least of its problems.)

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• hi!

i don't mind it.. but i'm also a participant in the consuming of such beverages, so i might be biased.

i've never been drunk at the parks, nor have i ever seen any belligerent drunks walking the parks (i know some people who have seen such things though).

a negative image people may see when they hear alcohol being served is: bright neon colored beer cups littering the walkways, people walking around belligerent, maybe even someone who couldn't hold their liquor spewing some unwanted stomach contents on the sidewalks... and i can't say i've ever seen any of that.
    -plagued

• Support MC - Go GOLD!

I have no problem w/ the wine area.
    I also really don't have a total problem w/ glowfest having it.
    I just don't think it should be right there in the street and have that appealing look (flashing lights) for kids to be curious about.
    (but that's my opinion).
    I think it' needs to be in a different area where it's just a 21 and over crowd.
    Local bars in AZ will have concerts w/ 18 and up.
    The 18 to 20 are on one side and 21 and up on another.
    Sure ppl sneak in drinks and give it to their friends, but I think for Disney's safety, it needs to be in an area where 20 and under can't be tempted to ask the 21 and up friend for "a sip". Yes, the friend would get busted, but it also falls on Disney too (fines).....and yes, security is awesome at Disneyland, but you can't catch everything.
    Last edited by DLFreak71; 06-16-2010 at 08:25 PM.
    Quote by Al:
    To that end I'd like the Internet community to join me in reminding the Disney company that "it all started with Walt." As you can see below we've created some T-shirts, plus a few simple graphics that you can copy and paste into your websites to let folks know how you feel.
    -Al Lutz

• Once upon a dream

No. Other than the Wine festival I find no need for it. If you are going to die without alcohol that is your problem, not Disneyland's. You dont need alcohol to have fun....

Thank you Solitary!

• hi!

Quote Originally Posted by DLFreak71 View Post
    I just don't think it should be right there in the street and have that appealing look (flashing lights) for kids to be curious about.
    (but that's my opinion).
    i agree. the glowfest drinks practically scream "children! ask your parents about having me while you play with your lightsaber and glow necklaces!"

i'm not going to be totally naive and say that everyone that walks into the parks are responsible individuals.. that would only happen in a perfect world. but for the most part, people at the parks are fairly responsible and other than a few instances that i've read here (girls sneaking a full glass liquor bottle on HM ), i feel that security catches enough and has strict enough consequences to get the message across that one must be responsible.
    -plagued

• hi!

Quote Originally Posted by Babs09 View Post
    No. Other than the Wine festival I find no need for it. If you are going to die without alcohol that is your problem, not Disneyland's. You dont need alcohol to have fun....
    this is where the controversy will begin. please don't assume that those who consume alcohol beverages will "die without alcohol" or that we need alcohol to have fun.

i certainly don't need alcohol at the parks at all.. but when it's available -- sure, why not!
    -plagued

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

DCA has had alcohol available since day one pretty much. In all of those years I don't recall hearing about any major problems... aside from the same problems you would find in any other place where alcohol could be found. Which is... pretty much anywhere you go... seriously. If someone wants to drink they are going to drink.

I've spent time at the Cove Bar. I can have fun with drinking. I can have fun without it. The point is that has an adult I have the right to make a choice to drink or not no matter where I am.

Don't believe in drinking? Cool! Don't do it! Over 21 and want a drink? Cool! Go for it! I see no reason to change anything. Its fine the way it is. DCA has had alcohol available in the past, and the addition of the Beer Garden is not going to change anything.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Banned User

The problem isn't in the Wine Tasting area or other relaxed environments. It's when the alcohol gets put out into the "party" environments when people are acting careless and having fun that the alcohol becomes a problem. I don't see an issue otherwise, but if there's going to be a night club - type atmosphere, there needs to not be alcohol that is so easily attainable for adults - right in the middle of the street??

• Sock Puppet

Exclamation Re: Alcohol at the Disneyland Resort

[QUOTE=DLFreak71;1056058813
    (but that's my opinion).[/QUOTE]

I don't know about most, but I was never drawn to something just because it has flashing light as a child. They're kids not dogs, for crying out loud. Also you'll see light up drinks at all kinds of bars. It was not an original idea. Besides that. Let them ask. The parents will just say no. No harm, no fowl. I was there with a 5 y/o and she could have cared less about those drinks.

As for the main topic, I see no option in the poll for thinking it's okay to have it served at both parks. That would have been my vote. I don't believe in punishing everyone for the actions of a few.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

Tell that to the Tobacco companies who were busted for quietly advertising to kids through colour, flavour and another "attractive" methods. Kids are not dogs, but human nature finds intruigue in lights. Walt said that Adults are just big kids, and look at how much they like WoC! lol

• Sock Puppet

Yes, obviously there are methods of enticing people, but there's no need to talk about kids like they're idiots. And again, if they want it, just tell them no. Why can't parents be held responsible for something? Disney can be a family park without catering everything to only accommodate little kids.

• Once upon a dream

Quote Originally Posted by plagued View Post
    this is where the controversy will begin. please don't assume that those who consume alcohol beverages will "die without alcohol" or that we need alcohol to have fun.

i certainly don't need alcohol at the parks at all.. but when it's available -- sure, why not!
    Even when it is available why do you need it? You could always get some water or soda that is cheaper.

Thank you Solitary!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    The problem isn't in the Wine Tasting area or other relaxed environments. It's when the alcohol gets put out into the "party" environments when people are acting careless and having fun that the alcohol becomes a problem. I don't see an issue otherwise, but if there's going to be a night club - type atmosphere, there needs to not be alcohol that is so easily attainable for adults - right in the middle of the street??
    So lets say that they stopped serving the alcohol right in the middle of the street. Whats to stop the adults from spending time at the Cove Bar first, or drinking it up at the Lost Bar (before it closes) or even coming to the park from somewhere else having already consumed alcohol. That scenario could still happen. So then what do you do? You can't blame the street vendors. Ban all drinking from the park because someone might go to the street party already lit up? Do a breathalizer test on everyone who comes in the gate to make sure they haven't had anything before they get to the street party?

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast