Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

• Silly Bird?

Re: 2011 Star Tours 2: Story Direction Change Feature / Multi-Destinations

Quote Originally Posted by JMora View Post
    I thought, oh hell, there just going to change the film selection & do cosmetic changes to the over-all building, point blank! Plain and simple.
    A counter-argument to this is to suggest that the "facelift" also pays homage to the attraction before it. I was glad to see your comparison of the queues side-by-side because I NEVER realized just how closely they compared. Would you fault me for being impressed by what seems like such a simple trick of the paintbrush?

Then Disney/Lucas Entertainment announced some time ago the audience will be able to change where the story goes as the ride goes (changing the selection of destinations, etc). That all reads great on paper but let's all be honest here, how many guests are seated in just 1 hydraulic motion base cabin StarSpeeder 3000 alone? It's a guessing game that Disney knows will fool guests, you can push a button and think your going to the Death Star but end up going somewhere else because it will all be ALL computer controlled. You really believe Disney wants to pay Lucas the extra money to film or do all the destinations in the Star Wars universe to please us? The gimmick will die down in less then a year, like the ride variations on Indiana Jones ride.
    Touche. I cannot fathom a way for them to jump that technological hurdle, though if Disney could it might throw the money at it. But more to your point, they're putting out PR on a reality (the many subtle variations of their fixed storylines) that the final ride system just won't live up to, even if only down the road.

I remember even back in the day, friends & I thought it would so cool if at least each hydraulic motion StarSpeeder 3000 had a different destination trip. Even if there's only 8 variations or so, at least we knew we would get a different trip each time we go back in line, and the atmosphere of "tours" would at least feel real.
    Seeing as that "tours" feel was always the point, I'm worried the new destinations and storylines are going to become overly dramatic and ridiculously one-dimensional (like the prequel trilogy).

If Walt Disney was alive, he would create something more outstanding!
    Have faith in Lasseter, my young jedi...
    "You know it's a funny thing, but when I drink too many Gin and Tonics I start to glow in the dark."
    A. Trebek, Jeopardy, aired 7/15/2010

SHAMELESS PLUG- Check out my gallery of original ride music...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GLbC...layer_embedded

• PS Master.

Smile Re: 2011 Star Tours 2: Story Direction Change Feature / Multi-Destinations

Here is what i believe the Starspeeder 1000 will look like in the main queue. Notice the droids from Episode 1 helping R2 and Threepio.

• Banned User

Re: 2011 Star Tours 2: Story Direction Change Feature / Multi-Destinations

Quote Originally Posted by TON-E View Post
    Here is what i believe the Starspeeder 1000 will look like in the main queue. Notice the droids from Episode 1 helping R2 and Threepio.
    Oh man thats perfect. I hope Disney does this.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011