Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Re: 2011 Star Tours 2: Story Direction Change Feature / Multi-Destinations

If the ride's new name doesn't even have Star Tours in it, I won't ride. I refuse!

• ohai

Are they still adding a loop, or was that idea scrapped?

• i am JOSHUA hear me roar!

Yay! im glad star tours is getting an..update? whatever it is that you wanna call it..even though id rather they rip out the ride and put in something more original and not movie based..or star wars... im still excited lol. OH NO! Does this mean the line will be longer than 10minutes!! GASP*
    Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post

DapperJoshua: when he reaches the pearly gates, he will be greeted by Jesus, who will say “OH! Hi there bestie!”
    Quote Originally Posted by Monorailorange33 View Post
    Wake up in the morning feeling like Dapperjosh, I got Mickey ears, Im out the door! Im gonna hit this park! Before i leave, brush my teeth, with a bottle of crest!
    Im talking, Get a fast pass for pooh, *Pooh*, Space Mnt. is a long wait too, *too*, Gonna take an hour just to get through, *through*
    Yeah.. Thunder Mnt. aint that long, *long*, dapper dan's still singing that song, *song*, Hope the wait time isn't loooooooong!
    -- that's my disney re-make of it.
    TUMBLR TWITTER Followww

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

The loop is still being included but due to the no gravity rule in space, you won't feel it very much. In fact, there's a few loops and corkscrews in the original Star Tours. You didn't notice?

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by dth316 View Post
    If the ride's new name doesn't even have Star Tours in it, I won't ride. I refuse!
    Don't go sending off for help from Obi Wan Kenobe just yet. Seeing that the premise of the ride is to various distinations on different planets, Star Tours will likely remain the main part of the atraction name.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyRicky View Post
    Are they still adding a loop, or was that idea scrapped?
    Well, I was trying to hold this back, but... Disney had tried to include a loop in the original ride when it first opened. Now with assistance from TDR's a cash endowed Oriental Land Company, Star Tours is going to turn you upside down six times! ...in two different sets containing three loops each. The two sets of loops represent the two StarWars trilogies.

Quote Originally Posted by DapperJoshua View Post
    Yay! im glad star tours is getting an..update? whatever it is that you wanna call it..even though id rather they rip out the ride and put in something more original and not movie based..or star wars... im still excited lol. OH NO! Does this mean the line will be longer than 10minutes!! GASP*
    During 2011, it will likely be wise to use FastPass when you want to get on quickly. This of course doesn't mean that you won't get lucky sometimes...especially during the off seasons.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 06-18-2010 at 02:36 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by dth316 View Post
    The loop is still being included but due to the no gravity rule in space, you won't feel it very much. In fact, there's a few loops and corkscrews in the original Star Tours. You didn't notice?
    In order to not throw MiceChatters for a loop, there is a need to explain that our different loop reports are consistant with one another. The two sets of three loops each (representing the two trilogies) will take place in the queue and deliver you to your seat. The loop that you refer to is an on-board in-flight loop.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 06-21-2010 at 02:50 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Banned User

Its not called 2.0. When announced it was called Star Tours II but now its back to being called just "Star Tours". It will be a completly new attraction when it reopens. Disneyland's first new e-ticket thrill ride since Indiana Jones back in '95

They should really look into 3D w/o glasses. I mean if Nintendo can do it on a handheld system it can't be impossible on Star Tours.

• i am JOSHUA hear me roar!

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    During 2011, it will likely be wise to use FastPass when you want to get on quickly. This of course doesn't mean that you won't get lucky sometimes...especially during the off seasons.
    Fast Pass for star tours i didnt even know they had that...aww man there goes my no line, last ride of the day attraction lol
    Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post

DapperJoshua: when he reaches the pearly gates, he will be greeted by Jesus, who will say “OH! Hi there bestie!”
    Quote Originally Posted by Monorailorange33 View Post
    Wake up in the morning feeling like Dapperjosh, I got Mickey ears, Im out the door! Im gonna hit this park! Before i leave, brush my teeth, with a bottle of crest!
    Im talking, Get a fast pass for pooh, *Pooh*, Space Mnt. is a long wait too, *too*, Gonna take an hour just to get through, *through*
    Yeah.. Thunder Mnt. aint that long, *long*, dapper dan's still singing that song, *song*, Hope the wait time isn't loooooooong!
    -- that's my disney re-make of it.
    TUMBLR TWITTER Followww

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

I heard that riders will choose which locations to visit by using The Force.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by clippers6 View Post
    They should really look into 3D w/o glasses. I mean if Nintendo can do it on a handheld system it can't be impossible on Star Tours.
    just to clarify this quote i found this video on you tube about the launch of said 3d hand held system ..the Nintendo 3DS i think this is what they may bring into the fold for star tours 2.0 sure this is a hand held version but just think of that tech put into a bigger screen for theme parks?that"s a huge upswing for Disney right there. When star tours first opened it was state of the art. now i beleave that what ever we see reguardless weather we disagree on prequel era vrs classic era or not is going to be ahead of the curve

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jphwcQ0Rxrg&playnext_from=TL&videos=Ww_ZsD j9ooM]YouTube - Classic Game Room E3 Report: Nintendo Unveils 3DS[/ame]
    "Alright you primative screwheads listen up.."BRUCE CAMPBELL

• Disneyland History Lover

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker View Post
    I agree with you on this. Having 3D baffles me since you are viewing the ride from a window and I don't know how it is suppose to come out to you if the screen is suppose to act like a window.
    It would need to be a new kind of 3D technology that only allows the perception of 3D up until a certain point, successfully allowing the rider to perceive something in 3D until it reaches the window of the Starspeeder. The other option with 3D technology as we know it would be that YOU ARE the Starspeeder and not a rider in it and that's why everything appears to be coming at you.

• Sock Puppet

I don't know if it's been discussed yet, but will they be adding windows on the sides? I heard this a while ago.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Goliath View Post
    I don't know if it's been discussed yet, but will they be adding windows on the sides? I heard this a while ago.
    i heard this as well... it would give a more effective illusion of space travel if they did,and when ever a ship attacked or an asteroid flew by people would be looking everywhere besides the front screen..it would definetly make it more exciteing
    "Alright you primative screwheads listen up.."BRUCE CAMPBELL

• The Original LOST BOY

didnt read the thread yet but please tell me there is no Jar Jar Binks
    The Original LOST BOY

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast