Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: will there be a lakers victory parade again this year?

actually it has been reported that CMs have been telling people that the Lakers will be there tomorrow

• lover of DL churros

what time do all the festivities start for this sort of thing usually? not sure if I should make the trip or not

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Probably don't want massive amounts of Laker fans to storm the park so they are keeping this quiet.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by itsimplied View Post
    actually it has been reported that CMs have been telling people that the Lakers will be there tomorrow
    Maybe said CMs haven't heard from Kevin Ding yet. If the OC register Laker Columnist is specifically stating that there is no Laker parade tomorrow, I'd be pretty shocked if they tried to throw one together without ANYONE knowing. What would be the point? Last year, they had yellow and purple balloons, Laker colored mickey ears, and coverage from local TV in the park doing a live feed. And we all knew about it at least a day in advance. Even though I got there about an hour before the parade, there were BARELY any seats left, and the entire length of Main Street was covered with Laker fans in their team colors.

Whoever is "reporting" that "CMs" are saying there will be a parade looks to be sadly misinformed. It's already supposed to be one of the most crowded days of the year with all levels of APs unblocked. I strongly doubt they wanted to dump another few thousand rabid Laker Fans on top of what could be a capacity crowd. And as it has already been stated, all of the Lakers, except for Kobe, blew off the parade last year.

My money is on Kevin Ding.

• Here's my 2 cents

lets just pretend this video is from today instead of last year.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5ZakFHyBnc]YouTube - Laker MVP Kobe Bryant at Disneyland California[/ame]
    I reject your reality and substitute my own

• Banned User

Don't want Lakers in a parade at DL as I'll have to deal with it. (And I don't like them either!)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueJet View Post
    Don't want Lakers in a parade at DL as I'll have to deal with it. (And I don't like them either!)
    some Disney spirit..
    Get @ me Tweet - www.twitter.com/infamous

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

The only reason there was a parade last year was because it became known as the Disneyland vs Disneyworld championships. It was The Orlando Magic and the Los Angeles Lakers in the finals. There was even a bet between the parks presidents. If Orlando won Ed Grier was to wear a set of MouseEars designed with Orlando colors in a parade down main street and vice versa.
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• LaTruce

1. Kobe was the FINALS MVP because he carried his team through the Finals, then in game 7, his TEAM returned the favor.

2. Yes, Kobe committed adultery in Colorado, but so did Jordan, and Shaq and pretty much most athletes. The difference is that Jordan did it BEFORE everyone was sue-happy and sue everyone for everything - especially celebrities. The girl had 8 other guys' "stuff" in her when she was tested. Although, I am against adultery, I feel like everyone blames Kobe and thinks the girl is completely innocent - she tried to get with him the whole time.

3. There are a lot of good, family-oriented people who are fans. There are a few thugs who just want to wreck things up. They wait for a reason (they feel valid) to do it. It's free to celebrate after the victory. Disneyland isn't free, and it isn't a place these thugs would go because it's no "tough enough" for them. These people are not REAL Laker fans, and they wouldn't pay a dime to celebrate anywhere. Also, most of the people who would be at the parade would be the regular Disneyland visitors. I doubt there would be so much more people going just for the parade. Usually it's the Disneyland AP Holders, and the Disney regulars. It would get as crazy as any other regular day - just more people there. Also it's at daytime. These hooligans are not going to do anything in the day time - probably not.

4. After any championship from any city, what's the saying? "I'm going to Disneyland!" And usually they do. Just because you hate the Lakers (along with many other people) doesn't mean that they shouldn't have a parade at Disneyland. I don't like most of the teams that win - but I still enjoyed the parades that Disney put on for them - I see it as a once-in-a-lifetime Disneyland event (especially the Steelers). I had fun watching the Steelers' parade even though that's the LAST team I would cheer for. Don't be selfish, this is OUR Disneyland, not just yours.

5. Kobe is cocky. Jordan is cocky. LeBron is cocky. In order to be the best, you have to think very highly of yourself - if not, you won't get to the point where you're the best. The difference is that Kobe started out showing it a lot. Other players like Wayne Gretzky are good at keeping it politically correct.

6. I doubt Kobe would do a Disneyland parade just to improve his image. Kobe is a regular person, just like all of us. Would you turn down a Disneyland parade for your after you've done something for the city? Kobe is an avid Disneyland fan because of his kids. He goes there all the time. Why wouldn't he want a Disneyland parade for the fans? I just hope the other Lakers decide to show up too - they blew off the parade, but Kobe was "a kid" enough to actually make the time to be in the parade. I'm sure the inner kid in all of us would love to be on a Disneyland float. Kobe LOVES Disneyland and he's ALWAYS there with his kids and wife - and I don't think he goes there just for his image - if anything, he doesn't want to be noticed.

So basically, this is EVERYONE's Disneyland. Whether you like a team, a player or not, if there's a parade, either don't go to it (go on rides during the parade - no one's forcing you to sit on Main Street), or go and enjoy the opportunity to see a very RARE Disneyland event.
    Last edited by LaTruce; 06-22-2010 at 11:03 AM.

well, if you want to see kobe bryant today, you might want to try your luck. word is that he's there right now at the parks. good luck. haha.

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by genelegend View Post
    well, if you want to see kobe bryant today, you might want to try your luck. word is that he's there right now at the parks. good luck. haha.
    He is there today.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• LaTruce

Yup Kobe's here! At Space Mountain about an hour ago, people started cheering "MVP! MVP!" and he waved and went on.

It's nice seeing him. And he'll be at Disneyland a lot this summer because he's not going to play this summer because he will spend it rehabilitating his injuries. (P.S. going to Disneyland is allowed while healing injuries if you are wondering hehe - just no full contact basketball allowed.)

Nope I went today got there at 10 am the park is was packed no Laker Mickey ears and all the Laker fans were in the shade awaiting for a parade. About 11 a.m. the Disney relation people came out to inform us there will not be a Laker parade today in the park. Some of the Laker fans I know said they are gonna try tomorrow morning and see if they are gonna have one cause Kobe leaves for Africa on Friday.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by LaTruce View Post
    Yup Kobe's here! At Space Mountain about an hour ago, people started cheering "MVP! MVP!" and he waved and went on.
    We just missed them as we came out of Little Green Men Store Command.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LaTruce View Post

It's nice seeing him. And he'll be at Disneyland a lot this summer because he's not going to play this summer because he will spend it rehabilitating his injuries. (P.S. going to Disneyland is allowed while healing injuries if you are wondering hehe - just no full contact basketball allowed.)
    The real question is...how does that man FIT on that ride? Does he sit in the second row and stick his feet in the first row? I'm only 6'3" and it's a crunch for me. For the life of me, I can't imagine how NBA players would fit into one one of those ride vehicles.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast