The Grand CA Entrance

Is this new rule just for the AM hours or will it be in effect all day? We like to eat at White Water in the late afternoon, will i have to walk all the way around? I never use it in the morning
    Janette

• Johnny and Me!

Re: The Grand CA Enterence

There are no restrictions on exiting. However, you must present a receipt from GCH to re-enter the park.

• Sock Puppet

Re: The Grand CA Enterance

What is the new rule?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Re: The Grand CA Enterence

Quote Originally Posted by dfan07 View Post
    There are no restrictions on exiting. However, you must present a receipt from GCH to re-enter the park.
    I thought this was for the morning hours only. Do they still want to see a room key in the afternoon as well? After they are out of WOC show passes, it seems like they would go back to their earlier policy and let AP holders in without a room key or receipt.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Meettherobinson View Post
    What is the new rule?
    Disney isn't letting the general public enter DCA through TGCH entrance during the time WoC FP is distributed. You can exit DCA through the entrance to eat at one of the GCH's restaurants, but you need proof (receipt) that you ate there to re-enter the park.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    Disney isn't letting the general public enter DCA through TGCH entrance during the time WoC FP is distributed. You can exit DCA through the entrance to eat at one of the GCH's restaurants, but you need proof (receipt) that you ate there to re-enter the park.
    They aren't even letting HOTEL GUESTS enter through there for WoC FPs.

I was there last weekend and on Sunday they held Hotel Guests at the entrance a full FIFTEEN MINUTES later than the general public. People were getting pissed because they could see a huge line walking past the entrance and they are being barred admission.

No wonder Lasseter looked pissed off when he was at Storyteller's later that day.

• Still lost in Neverland

Re: The Grand CA Entrance

It's not a new rule. It was put into effect when the Hotel first opened but after the Park was not the big success they were hoping for it was more or less ignored. Now with the rush for Show Passes to WOC they have re-enforced it big time. For the foreseeable future it will remain enforced. APers are not special in any way and have to walk around although according to Al's recent post on Mice Age there are a few AP people who think they are privileged and started arguing with the CM's at the gate until management was called and they stuck with the rule and the APers had to walk all the way around to the Main Entrance. Poor little APers who think they are special and privileged get what they deserve because their action reflect on all of us.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Umm, it is spelled Pandora, not Panodra. Sorry dude.

Fixed. I typed it wrong and never noticed. Thanks for pointing it out.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    Poor little APers who think they are special and privileged get what they deserve because their action reflect on all of us.
    Wow and Yikes!!!

I was refused admittance at the Grand Californian DCA entrance last Saturday at 7PM. The CM said that the rule is being enforced full time.
    Last edited by Rob33; 06-19-2010 at 03:55 PM.

I can't believe the AP's who throw a cry-baby fit over this or scream loudly at front line CM's just trying to do their job.

And you wonder why CM's have bad thoughts when they see someone with 500 pins and and AP lanyard around their neck. LMAO, if you only knew. Provides a good laugh for break time though. BTW- there's no reason to wear your AP around your neck, I guess some people feel an odd need to show off? Most of the guest issues are with those who feel the world MUST know they are an AP.

Strange. oh well
    -Wes

That what I was getting in my post. I don't ever mean to include all APer's in that statement, just the few who think that an AP pass makes them special from everything to crowding in front of the line for a ride or at the Tram Stop, and they flash the pass like it's a Golden Ticket from Disney to be specially treated. I feel sorry for the CM's who have to deal with these people cause they are just doing their job. Most of the APer's I know are nice, polite people who obey the rules of the Mouse and keep that sort of "I am better than you" attitude in a non existent place. In other words they would never resort to something like that just to get special treatment.

It seems that some others agree with me on this. There is no place for "Special Treatment" just because you have an Annual Pass, even the Premium Pass. You stand in line just like everybody else and take your turn.

Thank You Poisonedapples

i am really surprised that they are enforcing the rules in the afternoon. Sooner than later the restuarants are going to summer and someone is going to get their *** chewed at. It does make sense to do it in the morning but not after showpasses are gone and guests should not be made to walk around or wait especially since they are paying premium prices for a hotel room at the Grand

I still think that if they are going to keep the show passes they should really consider replacing the ones they removed from bugsland and put that area to good use. it makes little sense to use the fastpass machines in what is usually a busy area of the park in the morning with people going to soarin and grizzly rapids to cool down

Smile Re: The Grand CA Entrance

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    Fixed. I typed it wrong and never noticed. Thanks for pointing it out.
    Haha, no problem! I am happy to help!