A few of you may remember a couple weeks ago, before WOC debuted, when there were several posts about a pretty screwed up performance of Fantasmic. The list of blunders include:
1. Opening music starting before the announcement, then stopping suddenly so the show could begin normally.
2. Sparks going off in Mickey's hands while he was going up the steps (shooting all over his feet), leaving him sparkless when he was actually pointing (and probably putting the actor in danger)
3. The Columbia stopping suddenly at the end of the Peter Pan segment. It wasn't in the light, but it was still noticeably not moving to its mark. It did start up again in time for the show to go on without problems.
4. And finally the dragon not showing up. Giving any regular attendees of the show a reminder of last summer.
Well, I hadn't seen the show since then, and tonight's 10:30 was not much better.
1. The light towers that raise out of the stage were out of sync. So one came up and then about 5 seconds later the second one rose. They didn't go down together either.
2. Maleficent was stuck in the ground. So when her flames came up, there was no one there. She didn't show up until she was supposed to be growing, but by that point we barely had time to see her, since they have to clear her for the dragon anyway. She looked really comical busting half way through the floor at the last minute.
3. Lastly, when the dragon shot fire it didn't catch the river along with it. So we heard the burning but saw nothing.
There were a few other weird things going on with the pyro stuff but nothing major. What's up with this show lately? Am I just catching bad runs, or has it really gone down? Before everyone said it was just getting back in the swing of things after the refurb, but because of the refurb it should be running without a hitch. Thoughts?