Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Why has the Golden Zephyr not been demolished

Can someone explain to me why the Golden Zephyr remains at the park as an attraction?

With the huge demand for the new World of Colour show that seems to be packing out the Paradise Pier each night and complaints that standing next to the Zephyr restricts your viewing. Plus the fact this attraction doesn't really fit in with Paradise Piers new look and is often closed during windy conditions. Surely Disney should make the decision to free up the space for World of Colour viewing and demolish this attraction. Since except for added ride capacity I really don't see a reason for it being here any longer.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

Re: Why has the Golden Zephyr not been demolished

I do not think it will be and I bet they will do a minor update to it to blend with the rest of the new paradise pier.

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

I hope they demolish it. I think that they also should have demolished mulholland madness and the swings and just used the space to start over, not re-theme carnie rides.

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Can someone explain to me why the Golden Zephyr remains at the park as an attraction?

With the huge demand for the new World of Colour show that seems to be packing out the Paradise Pier each night and complaints that standing next to the Zephyr restricts your viewing. Plus the fact this attraction doesn't really fit in with Paradise Piers new look and is often closed during windy conditions. Surely Disney should make the decision to free up the space for World of Colour viewing and demolish this attraction. Since except for added ride capacity I really don't see a reason for it being here any longer.
    Getting ride of the Zephyr will not help the viewing of WoC show. The people who stand near Zephyr already say that they have a very bad angle and any more seating beyond hat point can only be worst.

Keeping the Zephyr means keeping an attraction which everyone can go on at once. The DCA has always lack this kind of attraction so while the attendance numbers are small I would think that they would hate to lose even that small amount.

The Zephyr also adds to the theme of the area.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

The Zephyr DOES fit the time period that they are aiming for with the new PP. They even had to bring this attraction back from the dead, as no others had existed for years prior to it being built for DCA. So part of the OP is wrong.

BUT, the basic question is still one that should have been asked, BEFORE they designed and built the WoC show. If they would have cleared out Jumpin Jellyfish and the Golden Zephyr (both attractions which have extremely limited capacities) they would have cleared way to have a considerably larger open viewing area for WoC. AND then they could have built a larger paradise park, AND design the WoC fountains layout so that the viewing area would have worked for the entire extended area.

Unfortunately, the fountains were arranged for a much smaller, more central view. So, if they ever did expand the viewing area, because of the way the fountains/waterscreens are layed out, it still would not add optimal viewing.

It's extremely frustrating that the infastructure for this show was designed with such limited foresight, and that too much of the old failed Paradise Pier was preserved, with lack of vision for the future of this park.

• Dream in wonderful color!

No, it actually fits in perfectly with the new look and timed period of the pier. and like Aladdin said, it was custom-built for the park. Tearing down a ride for extra viewing capacity doesn't seem like such a good idea to me.
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• Banned User

Meh, I don't care either way, the ride sucks, so I never go on it. I agree that they should just tear down a bunch of the carnie ride stuff and put new dark rides or something where they were so it actually feels like a Disney park and not a crappy carnival.

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by JediPrincess View Post
    I hope they demolish it. I think that they also should have demolished mulholland madness and the swings and just used the space to start over, not re-theme carnie rides.
    This.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• will-o-the-whip

It might fit the theme, but it's gotta be one of the most boring rides in the resort (next to Francis Boogie). The ride went extinct in the first place for a reason.

• Sock Puppet

We have to remember that for little kids this is a thrill ride. I agree, it could use a visual touch up, but it wouldn't help viewing by getting rid of it. They need all the rides they can get.

• Vroom, vroom!

Well, Ill tell you what, You tell me where else in america I can ride that ride, I will consider agreeing to your terms of they should tear it down.
    In my opinion its a nice ride that is unique and very tame. Kids like it (as far as I know) and it fits in with the area theme wise, Just needs some something extra to it to make it pop or really blend in theme wise.
    I am Scary Scott,
    Call me a turn coat, a lunatic, loup garou, or skin walker. Shape shifter, lychanthrope, A moon watcher, or just crazy.
    I am Scary Scott, The steampunk, brony, author of Northern CA, that has just moved to Southern CA!
    Poor? Yes. Money? Forget about it, I got none! If I had it, I wouldn't for long, I want too much stuff!
    Disneyland for me is my absolute favorite place on earth, So I am the oddest werewolf you ever will meet.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Scary: your post is dripping something. Tastes like sarcasm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karalora View Post
    This is excellent news! There are all sorts of good changes to the park that we were promised when Hell froze over.
    Hey, any of you like MLP Fan Fiction? (Laugh now, but It's practice for being an author some day!)
    Anyhow, check out my profile on fimfiction.net I'm Phoenix Quill there.

removing the zephyr is not going to make the viewing any better for WOC its off to the side where viewing is already restricted.

Also how does the zephyr not fit the new look and theme of the Pier? it is actually the only attraction that actually fits perfectly.

The zephyr is also one of a kind especially built for California adventure from originally manufacer specs and its a beautiful attraction that gives guests an awesome flight over the bay. Its actually a very unique experience that should not be touched just so that another piece of real estate can be turned into another small seating area.

If they ever decide to use that area for something else the attraction should not be considered for removal but instead be relocated on a more unique pedestal on the boardwalk

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Keep it until Disney is willing to pay the big bucks to replace it with an E-ticket ride.

I love rare old rides even though some people might find them boring by today's standards. I do wish they would move the GZ somewhere or find a way to alter it so that it doesn't have to close due to wind so often.

• MC, this is LD

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post

Yes, demolish an attraction and replace it with nothing. Maybe you could replace it with some grass? I'm sure that will go over real well.

--KAN

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast