Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Why Fantasmic is better then World of Color

I keep reading all of your posts and reviews on World of Color. The ongoing saga is that WOC has no story, it is technologically sound, but is leaving viewers wanting more, and without an emotional connection. Most are saying that Fantasmic is a better show overall. Why is this? What is so special about Fantasmic? Would you recommend Fantasmic over WOC, and why? If you worked on the imagineering team for WOC what would you change so that WOC was a better show then Fantasmic? I need details people!

Tours Departing Daily - Disneyland Resort Photography

Re: Why Fantasmic is better then World of Color

Nah. They're two different categories.
    Fantasmic! is a stage show.
    World of Color is a nighttime show akin to Fireworks.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Fantasmic is about Mickey's imagination and dreams, good winning out over evil, and all the characters are tied together cohesively. There are actors who play face characters and walkaround ones. It's brilliant.

World of Color is a series of intros from all the characters that have made money for Disney in the past decade. They come out and say hello and make a splash, then it's on to the next one.

• Sock Puppet

I agree you can't compare. I think WOC is extremely emotional because of its abstract nature. It doesn't need a direct story. I don't think there are too many people wanting more from the reviews I've heard. Let's have something a little less traditional for once instead of spoon feeding the audience. This way everyone can reach there own conclusions about its meaning. That is far stronger from an artistic point. And before anyone says that things like that don't make sense to kids, I saw it with my 5 y/o niece and she loved it.

• let's talk Disney, okay!

Quote Originally Posted by californiaadventurer View Post
    fantasmic is about mickey's imagination and dreams, good winning out over evil, and all the characters are tied together cohesively. There are actors who play face characters and walkaround ones. It's brilliant.

World of color is a series of intros from all the characters that have made money for disney in the past decade. They come out and say hello and make a splash, then it's on to the next one.
    +1

The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Your 5 year old niece, YES! That was the entire demographic. Audience reaction was "OOH LOOK, honey, it's NEMO!" followed by "Son, it's JACK SPARROW, COOL!" Uh, okay. I'll just be sitting on this park bench, eating peanuts while the kids go on the merry-go-round.

I ve never seen WOC and i know its different things . But WDI did a great job on WOC an Fantamic . I can't wait to see on youtube the Tokyo Disney Sea's Version of Fantasmic . WOC and Fantasmic combined in one and great show hum hum i'd say why not .
    HKDL : Done !!!

• Sock Puppet

Thumbs down Re: Why Fantasmic is better then World of Color

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Your 5 year old niece, YES! That was the entire demographic. Audience reaction was "OOH LOOK, honey, it's NEMO!" followed by "Son, it's JACK SPARROW, COOL!" Uh, okay. I'll just be sitting on this park bench, eating peanuts while the kids go on the merry-go-round.

If you read my entire post you would understand the point I was making. The adults in my group were fascinated by the show as well. Myself included and on an emotional level, not just oohing and ahhing. Sorry you didn't enjoy it, but you don't speak for all adults.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

World of color is a good show, just not great and for some of us its because we knew what the show was going to be and then we swa what i became and didn't like it as much. See at at least one or twice but its just not Fantasmic, an instinct classic.

• Sock Puppet

Question Re: Why Fantasmic is better then World of Color

Quote Originally Posted by DLRP_bopazot View Post
    I ve never seen WOC and i know its different things . But WDI did a great job on WOC an Fantamic . I can't wait to see on youtube the Tokyo Disney Sea's Version of Fantasmic . WOC and Fantasmic combined in one and great show hum hum i'd say why not .

Not to be rude, but just a heads up. I have no clue what you're trying to say.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post

You also have to remember that Walt made Disneyland for Kids and Parents to enjoy together. A place where families could come and dream. So in my opinion, you should get on that merry go-round with your kids and live life!

Tours Departing Daily - Disneyland Resort Photography

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

There will be a lot of folks who say "Don't compare World of Color to Fantasmic because they are different types of shows." However, there is a valid case to be made to compare them. Many people who visit the resort do so only for one day. What should they see and do? If they have time to just see one big show, which would you recommend?

If you go to DCA, you can see World of Color. If you go to Disneyland you can see Fantasmic (and fireworks from the same spot).

Which is the better Disney experience for someone who may only be at Disneyland for one day and may not be coming back for quite some time (if ever)?

So, while they are different types of shows, they both serve the same purpose. They are night time spectaculars designed to lure a crowd to the park and keep them late enough that they all stay and have dinner in the park as well. They want you to spend your whole day at Disney, eating, shopping, and spending all your money with Disney instead of elsewhere.

So, yes, they are comparable. Which is the one you'll recommend to the visitor who only has time to do one or the other?
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• let's talk Disney, okay!

Quote Originally Posted by kpcrone View Post
    You also have to remember that Walt made Disneyland for Kids and Parents to enjoy together. A place where families could come and dream. So in my opinion, you should get on that merry go-round with your kids and live life!
    you're right. he made DISNEYLAND. not DCA

The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goliath View Post
    Not to be rude, but just a heads up. I have no clue what you're trying to say.
    It did sort of come across as rude. DLRP_Bopzot is from France and doing a fine job of communicating in my opinion. We are thrilled to have him here as he often shares news and photos from Disneyland Paris. No need to make attacks based upon language abilities of others.

What he was speaking about is one of Steve Davison's next big projects - a new version of Fantasmic for Tokyo Disney Sea. It will be done in the round (as there is no island to use as a backdrop. Many expect it to be much more lavish than any other version of Fantasmic and use some fountain effects from World of Color.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goliath View Post
    If you read my entire post you would understand the point I was making. The adults in my group were fascinated by the show as well. Myself included and on an emotional level, not just oohing and ahhing. Sorry you didn't enjoy it, but you don't speak for all adults.
    OK here's the plan. See it about 4 times over the summer, let the newness factor and the technical marvels wear off. Then evaluate the show and let me know if you still feel the same way. Let me know if it really stands up to the level of perfection that the twentysomething year old show accross the esplanade has.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast